The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, Sah said:

Sounds horrible...no time jumps please, no babies please from anyone. I certainly don't want to see Leonard running around after Penny for sex in order to conceive.. I was not a fan of Sheldon doing this to Amy either. The best option in my opinion is to have a story arc about deciding to have kids and show some heart to heart real conversations. Then very last episode there is an announcement. Leonard could say something about smart beautiful babies to pay homage to the original episode to the great glee of Lenny fans. 

If I ever meet you I'm going to give you a hug. That is the only way I could stomach it.

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I really thinks its canon Penny getting pregnant. I’m fine with that being at the end. I don’t actually think it’s a shipping thing. IMO if you are a FAN of the show and watched all 12 seasons no baby would tarnish the show. Saying that I would laugh my head off if Kaley got pregnant in real life.

I am going to totally disagree with you about it being canon and about it being a fan thing. I am so a fan and I don't care a bit about Penny ever getting pregnant. I do not think it would tarnish the show at all. It's like saying that's all fans watched for. SO not true.

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Since you called them Lenny you are obviously shipping.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Everyone who has ever been on any fan site knows that is what people call them.

• Like 3
  • Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I am going to totally disagree with you about it being canon and about it being a fan thing. I am so a fan and I don't care a bit about Penny ever getting pregnant. I do not think it would tarnish the show at all. It's like saying that's all fans watched for. SO not true.

Because, I believe most Lenny's would disagree. 

5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Everyone who has ever been on any fan site knows that is what people call them.

?????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chucky said:

Then you're not a Lenny. Because, I believe most Lenny's would disagree. 

I don’t think it’s just a Lenny thing. Lenny really didn’t exist until season 4 which was more my point. The show went from 2 to 3 to 5 characters in the first episode. The other two came later for specific purposes. Penny being pregnant at the end would make the show come full circle. I will give you another show that comes to mind though people debate it HIMYM. A key moment in that first episode was Robin Ted, and the dogs. It was love at first sight for Ted. The show continued on and it could be argued that Barney became the most Popular character on a smaller scale similar to Sheldon. The show went on and in the finale what happened. Much debate on the mother dying but how did it end. With Ted and Robin and the dogs. The show came full circle.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I really thinks its canon Penny getting pregnant. I’m fine with that being at the end. I don’t actually think it’s a shipping thing. IMO if you are a FAN of the show and watched all 12 seasons no baby would tarnish the show. Saying that I would laugh my head off if Kaley got pregnant in real life.

I am a die hard fan of the show and have been since day 1. I can sincerely say I do not care if Penny does not have a baby. My opinion of the show would not be tarnished. Leonard got the pretty girl across the hall, Howard grew up, Sheldon turned into a real boy. Raj, I assume will find love this season  I am good with that. For me nothing more is needed. No babies, no glimpse into the future...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

It's because of her shoulder and she's not pregnant.  In her last IG video she was at a wine tasting with her sister.

I don't see the connection. Nobody drinks at a wine tasting.

11 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Just had to put this post on this thread. I can see why Amy’s father wants to stay away from her mother. I never have seen Leonard ever want to stay away from Penny. Howard on the other hand I can see him hiding in the shower to stay away from Bernadette.

Where would Sheldon go if he wanted to get away from Amy ?

• Haha 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

3 hours ago, amethyst said:

I'm a huge fan of the show and have watched all 12 seasons and it certainly wouldn't tarnish the show for me if there was no Lenny baby!!

Amen!

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1

15 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Where would Sheldon go if he wanted to get away from Amy ?

He'd do what he has already done, kick her out of the apartment so he can do "some work" without being bothered!

22 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I don’t think it’s just a Lenny thing. Lenny really didn’t exist until season 4 which was more my point. The show went from 2 to 3 to 5 characters in the first episode. The other two came later for specific purposes. Penny being pregnant at the end would make the show come full circle. I will give you another show that comes to mind though people debate it HIMYM. A key moment in that first episode was Robin Ted, and the dogs. It was love at first sight for Ted. The show continued on and it could be argued that Barney became the most Popular character on a smaller scale similar to Sheldon. The show went on and in the finale what happened. Much debate on the mother dying but how did it end. With Ted and Robin and the dogs. The show came full circle.

Your opinion, not mine!

• Like 1

LP having their smart and beautiful babies. Would be full circle for the show same way it was for HIMYM. With Ted and Robin and the Blue Horn. 

Considering the pilot intentionally or not, is heavily revolved around Leonard and Pennys relationship. I Think their should be some conclusion their. I think a timejump would work. If they don't do a Penny pregnancy storyline. If Kaley got pregnant, than they would have to write it in. That and its the last season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, amethyst said:

I'm a huge fan of the show and have watched all 12 seasons and it certainly wouldn't tarnish the show for me if there was no Lenny baby!!

I'm also a huge fan of the show, have been since watching the third episode.  If there is no Lenny baby, it would tarnish it hugely for me, to the point I will probable not concern myself with the show after May. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Jonny said:

I'm burnt out on a storyline theme or topic, you appear to be burnt out on a character and not just any but the most famous and iconic one that in 10 of 11 seasons has had the most screentime and focus.

There is a pretty big difference.

I don't see how there is any difference at all. Besides I find it much more reasonable to be burnt out on Sheldon than on the pregnancy story lines. Sheldon has had an inordinate amount of screen time for most of the show. Don't get me wrong, I used to like Sheldon, but for some years now I've been fed up with him. As far as pregnancies go, we only had 2. Granted, they were executed very poorly, IMO, but it's not as if we had to put up with them for years. On the contrary, excess (for me) of Sheldon, we've been dealing with for a long time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sah said:

I am a die hard fan of the show and have been since day 1. I can sincerely say I do not care if Penny does not have a baby. My opinion of the show would not be tarnished. Leonard got the pretty girl across the hall, Howard grew up, Sheldon turned into a real boy. Raj, I assume will find love this season  I am good with that. For me nothing more is needed. No babies, no glimpse into the future...

They might  at least have the ultrasound images of the twins in s12, I’d hope. No crap like the epilogue in the Castle finale.

Sheldon and Amy, well I don’t know, but no babies please. Please. Please. To the nth.

Raj should end alone, as a cliff hanger. Something to wonder about.

Bernie and Howard are already wrapped.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Well in HIMYM's case that finale would have worked great if it ended in season 2, when it was filmed, and probably also 3 and 4. The thing is, they made a convincing case that Robin loves and should be with Barney, not Ted, and there wasn't anything to convince that Ted and Robin would work.

The killing of The Mother totally ruined the show for me and it's only now, 3 years after watching the finale, that I do watch an episode here and there. It just made me not want to do this, it left me a sour taste for the whole show. If they make Lenny not want to have kids it will be the same or worse for me. I will perhaps keep working to finish my fic (in which they have 3 kids) but otherwise, like @Tensor, will not concern myself with the show.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 3

I'm wondering who can be called a fan of this show. Is there a standard or what?

A lot of non Shamy fans, non Lenny fans have watched the show for almost 12 years, and based on comments, they don't want to see Sheldon getting married, Lenny getting married, let alone any babies.

So no babies would tarnish the show for them?   Nah.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KripkeRules said:

I'm wondering who can be called a fan of this show. Is there a standard or what?

There are as many different standards and fan definition as there are people watching it.  Everyone has their own standard as to what works for them and what doesn't.

A lot of non Shamy fans, non Lenny fans have watched the show for almost 12 years, and based on comments, they don't want to see Sheldon getting married, Lenny getting married, let alone any babies.

If people have no problem with certain parts of the show or some path the show took, and if it doesn't tarnish the she for them, fine.   If some are unhappy, with parts of the show or a certain path, or that path does tarnish the show,  that's  fine also.

I just pointed out it would tarnish the show for me, and evidently several others, from the comments above.  And, as was pointed out above, there are others who would have no problem with with Lenny not having kids.   

I'll point out that  we allow people to voice what they like and don't like about the show.  Snarky or derogatory comments about what others like or don't like isn't.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

They might  at least have the ultrasound images of the twins in s12, I’d hope. No crap like the epilogue in the Castle finale.

Sheldon and Amy, well I don’t know, but no babies please. Please. Please. To the nth.

Raj should end alone, as a cliff hanger. Something to wonder about.

Bernie and Howard are already wrapped.

Twins?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

Maybe I am such a fan. Although Lenny has been my favourite character for a long time, I've mostly avoided the so-called shipping. In my opinion, all children's stories have no place in this kind of comedy, no matter who they are from. But from my point of view on the development of the series, the smart and beautiful Lenny babies, in whatever portrayal, are also the logical conclusion for me at the end of the whole story.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Chrismo said:

@Tensor, actually when I first posted, I didn't mean you. I was against this statement. That's an absurd statement and I can see why some other people responded it. 

My point is everyone watch the show differently, so to some people, yes, no Lenny baby will tarnish the show for them, but to other people, no, not one little bit. But why tie the "want Lenny baby" with "being a 12 years fan" together? Not just fan, but FAN, all capital. 

Every kind of fan is a part of the all fans of the show, so no need to "upgrade" Lenny fans wishes to the "all fan" 's level, in my opinion. 

And the snarky thing, I'll avoid it if I can resist. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, veejay said:

But from my point of view on the development of the series, the smart and beautiful Lenny babies, in whatever portrayal, are also the logical conclusion for me at the end of the whole story.

I agree, although I am a Lenny. I don't need to see the babies, like Howardette's. Just an announcement of the pregnancy in the series finale would suffice for me.

• Like 1

Even if Lenny would decide for whatever reasons that they don't want to have kids for now, there could still be a surprising announcement of a Penny pregnancy at the end of the show. That's actually my preferred way of handling this topic. 😉

Edited by snowflake79
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, snowflake79 said:

Even if Lenny would decide they don't want to have kids for now for whatever reasons, there could still be a surprising announcement of a Penny pregnancy at the end of the show. That's actually my prefered way of handling this topic. 😉

"For now" is one thing, what Holland implied is there is the possiblity of "forever", that's what's I'm afraid of.

By the way, even if Penny gets pregnant in episode 3 they won't have to show babies since they can easily time that so she gives birth in the last or one before last episode or after last episode. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, bfm said:

"For now" is one thing, what Holland implied is there is the possiblity of "forever", that's what's I'm afraid of.

By the way, even if Penny gets pregnant in episode 3 they won't have to show babies since they can easily time that so she gives birth in the last or one before last episode or after last episode. 

I agree with Snowflake 79's take on the Penny's pregnancy issue. I would be good with yours as well!