[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

58 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Just a thought 

maybe in the end one of the characters can prove the Big Bang theory 

Theory's can't be proven, only shown to be wrong.   But, even there, there would have to be a workable theory of quantum gravity.   The concepts of energy, curvature, measurement and time, all break down at the scales required for the beginning.   What the current Big Bang theory does is subsume quite a few different theories (particle creation, anistropy, stellar creation and evolution, galaxtic creation and evolution).  These are just several of the theories that are all interconnected under the umbrella of The Big Bang Theory.   If they are going to maintain their dedication to scientific accuracy, this won't happen.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Anyone but Sheldon

I agree. 

2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Theory's can't be proven, only shown to be wrong.   But, even there, there would have to be a workable theory of quantum gravity.   The concepts of energy, curvature, measurement and time, all break down at the scales required for the beginning.   What the current Big Bang theory does is subsume quite a few different theories (particle creation, anistropy, stellar creation and evolution, galaxtic creation and evolution).  These are just several of the theories that are all interconnected under the umbrella of The Big Bang Theory.   If they are going to maintain their dedication to scientific accuracy, this won't happen.  

Sorry, but that's why I stayed away from science. But as Penny said, "I did the frog thingy". :sungum::hi:

• Haha 1

So in real life meets art, It is possible that Caltech has research only professors who are basically regular employees.  If the guys were hired as regular tenure track assistant professors they would have either gotten tenure by a half dozen years ago or been forced to leave.  It would bea little weird for any (or all of them) to suddenly get tenure now.  I kind of assume they got it off camera.

t 

Edited by MsGreentea
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

So in real life meets art, It is possible that Caltech has research only professors who are basically regular employees.  If the guys were hired as regular tenure track assistant professors they would have either gotten tenure by a half dozen years ago or been forced to leave.  It would bea little weird for any (or all of them) to suddenly get tenure now.  I kind of assume they got it off camera.

Maybe that’s how it ends. They have to disperse. Leonard and Penny get their own lives. Leonard could be doing fusion research at the National Ignition Facility (see the Star Trek reboot for the real thing).

Sheldon could work in a hut somewhere, anywhere. On the prairie, maybe. Near a pioneer comic book store.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Sheldon could work in a hut somewhere, anywhere. On the prairie, maybe. Near a pioneer comic book store.

If he worked on a prairie, it  would make Amy very happy, if they lived in a little house.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

...and I always thought Penny's appearance in this show led to proof of TBBT. ūüėČ

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

Just now, veejay said:

...and I always thought Penny's appearance in this show led to proof of TBBT. ūüėČ

I think you're referring to a different Big Bang.  Although with all the couples, I guess it's now  three different phases of a Big Bang.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I think you're referring to a different Big Bang.  Although with all the couples, I guess it's now  three different phases of a Big Bang.  

You may be right again, but doubts remain…LOL

n_133.gif.506f0e1ba7f87a659d5adeba9f50840a.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chucky said:

Supposedly there is a shortage and he has the last of CalTech's helium, for some stupid reason, Oh yeah, for comedy's sake.

I think it was season 2 when Sheldon had that radio interview. There wasn't a shortage then.

Nah it was Season 3. 3x09 The Vengence Formulation. Sheldon got back at Kripke. But unfortunately the head of Caltech was their. And their backers. I miss those kinda of moments from the series. Be cool too see a bit more science in the final season. 

B3A364E1-1EE0-4B28-88A8-A4C9CFE36AD9.jpeg

F69C3384-9C8D-484E-888B-A02E3F9D50C2.jpeg

Edited by 3ku11

6 hours ago, chucky said:

You're wrong, Kripke was brown nosing Mrs Davis. The Tenure position has not been filled as of yet!

They wouldn't just leave the position open. I assumed a person who is not from the gang got it. We don't know all of the candidates.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Nah it was Season 3. 3x09 The Vengence Formulation. Sheldon got back at Kripke. But unfortunately the head of Caltech was their. And their backers. I miss those kinda of moments from the series. Be cool too see a bit more science in the final season. 

That first picture was one of my favorite scenes. I stand corrected on the season.

2 hours ago, bfm said:

They wouldn't just leave the position open. I assumed a person who is not from the gang got it. We don't know all of the candidates.

It takes a long process to select a Tenured Position. Sheldon would gave spent an entire episode complaining that he deserved that position with Howard constantly teasing him. Sheldon is not someone who can easily let something go!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, chucky said:

It takes a long process to select a Tenured Position. Sheldon would gave spent an entire episode complaining that he deserved that position with Howard constantly teasing him. Sheldon is not someone who can easily let something go!

Over 5 years? Nope.

• Like 1

It's a sitcom, the show moves at the writers speed. The writers giveth and the writers taketh away. Besides I don't really care about that subject from years ago. I just commented on what would be funny to me, not the accuracy of the time line!

11 hours ago, Sah said:

Yah, I don't care about the tenure plot. I have ever given it a second thougt. I do love FWF it cracks me up. I loved when Penny was a guest on the show. I also love when Footprints on the Moon make an appearance. Hopefully, they will do one more episode since none last season.

Agree about tenure. I don't care at all about it. That was a one shot joke ages ago just to show Penny's boobs and legs in my opinion, because the writers were still milking that angle for all it was worth. I want fun with flags. I don't care about Footprints on the Moon, though.

7 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

So in real life meets art, It is possible that Caltech has research only professors who are basically regular employees.  

That is how I saw it. Maybe that's not so but that's how I saw it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Agree about tenure. I don't care at all about it. That was a one shot joke ages ago just to show Penny's boobs and legs in my opinion, because the writers were still milking that angle for all it was worth. I want fun with flags. I don't care about Footprints on the MooÔĽŅn, though.

The only thing I agree with is no more foot prints on the moon. FWF has outlived it's need. It's no longer funny which is why it wasn't if at all in season 11. Tenure going to Rai or Kripke would bring in the laughs at Sheldon's antics. So no more FWF.

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I think that episode comes on tonight on TBS.

13 hours ago, Burberry said:

Just a thought 

maybe in the end one of the characters can prove the Big Bang theory 

The whole series proves it. Penny arrives and bang ! the views of four men begin to expand, then Penny's horizons stretch, they gather two more women into their field and the expansion continues.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

The whole series proves it. Penny arrives and bang ! the views of four men begin to expand, then Penny's horizons stretch, they gather two more women into their field and the expansion continues.

Oh, really? :icon_biggrin:

g_177.gif.040c259811c7cef6ed1195bcc17c380f.gif

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic