[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

37 minutes ago, bfm said:

She also likes "Garfield" (it was said in "The Raiders Minimization"), read or knows some thing about "Harry Potter", likes Chaucer (IIRC, sp) and enjoyed "Grease". We know Penny likes "Sex and the City" and Jennifer Aniston movies, read "Harry Potter" and watches reality shows. Bernadette now seems to like "Bob the Builder" and seemed to enjoy "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" but other than that I don't remember anythimg about her entertainment likes and dislikes.

You right, I forgot about Garfield. 

And Happy Birthdate @HeWolf

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bfm said:

She also likes "Garfield" (it was said in "The Raiders Minimization"), read or knows some thing about "Harry Potter", likes Chaucer (IIRC, sp) and enjoyed "Grease".

Add to the list Jane Austin (Pride and Prejudice, but probably the others as well) and more recently "La La Land" and something other she watched on Netflix messing up Sheldon's suggestions (I can't remember what it was though).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

4 hours ago, April said:

Add to the list Jane Austin (Pride and Prejudice, but probably the others as well) and more recently "La La Land" and something other she watched on Netflix messing up Sheldon's suggestions (I can't remember what it was though).

How stella got her groove back.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, April said:

I remembered Amy  also watches Downton Abbey. We know Amy like English history and literatures 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Sah said:

How stella got her groove back.

That was the video that Netflix recommended to Sheldon after he'd shared his body and his Netflix password with 'that woman'.

Edited by joyceraye
missing word
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, April said:

Add to the list Jane Austin (Pride and Prejudice, but probably the others as well)

Jane Austen. This came up in an ep where Sheldon seemed odd. After Amy pointed out a big plot hole in Raiders OTLA, Sheldon was reading P & P for the first time because it was her favourite novel and he wanted to find fault with it to get back at her. S is supposed to be very intelligent and to love A. But his not having had the curiosity to read her favourite novel before suggests either he's dully incurious or doesn't really love her. Also he couldn't find anything wrong with P&P. Fair enough as a novel, but his criticisms of LHOTP were based mostly on knowledge of the period. Someone who was really trying could have made something of JA's "don't mention the war" rule. Or of the fact that Elizabeth begins to change her mind about Darcy after seeing Pemberly: size (of country house) matters. Not valid criticism, perhasps, but if S is so smart he could have had a go.

• Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 5

1 hour ago, JohnPhD said:

Jane Austen. This came up in an ep where Sheldon seemed odd. After Amy pointed out a big plot hole in Raiders OTLA, Sheldon was reading P & P for the first time because it was her favourite novel and he wanted to find fault with it to get back at her. S is supposed to be very intelligent and to love A. But his not having had the curiosity to read her favourite novel before suggests either he's dully incurious or doesn't really love her.

So you're suggesting that every couple who hasn't read each other's favourite novel doesn't love each other? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that's not how people work.

Of course Sheldon is "dully uninterested" because he as a character has always been (and this is where I explain the joke) full of pride and prejudice about other people's interests that he deemed beneath him for some silly reason.

Also he couldn't find anything wrong with P&P. Fair enough as a novel, but his criticisms of LHOTP were based mostly on knowledge of the period. Someone who was really trying could have made something of JA's "don't mention the war" rule. Or of the fact that Elizabeth begins to change her mind about Darcy after seeing Pemberly: size (of country house) matters. Not valid criticism, perhasps, but if S is so smart he could have had a go.

Sheldon is only smart in a very limited area of expertise but any kind of social interactions is certainly not part of it. He can barely navigate present day life - what makes you think he can understand the finesse of Jane Austen's time period? His final assessment was that the novel had a lot of pride and prejudice, for goodness' sake!

• Like 9
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

26 minutes ago, April said:

So you're suggesting that every couple who hasn't read each other's favourite novel doesn't love each other? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that's not how people work.

Of course Sheldon is "dully uninterested" because he as a character has always been (and this is where I explain the joke) full of pride and prejudice about other people's interests that he deemed beneath him for some silly reason.

Sheldon is only smart in a very limited area of expertise but any kind of social interactions is certainly not part of it. He can barely navigate present day life - what makes you think he can understand the finesse of Jane Austen's time period? His final assessment was that the novel had a lot of pride and prejudice, for goodness' sake!

I disagree! What JohnPhD posted seemed correct to me!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, April said:

Yes. I for instance took in interest in what my friend/girl friend and eventually my wife was studying rather than her favorite novel. She was keen on Latin America studies and I knew nothing at all about it so I got myself a big fat text on the history of Latin America to find out what it was all about.

There is no one right way as people are all different. What is most important to them is diverse.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Yes. I for instance took in interest in what my friend/girl friend and eventually my wife was studying rather than her favorite novel. She was keen on Latin America studies and I knew nothing at all about it so I got myself a big fat text on the history of Latin America to find out what it was all about.

There is no one right way as people are all different. What is most important to them is diverse.

Exactly. And with Sheldon and Amy we do see a mutual interest in various science related topics so we know that's "their thing" (besides making everyone uncomfortable, of course lol).

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

In between TBBT and Young Sheldon last evening (Thursday, Sept. 13) they showed a quick clip of TBBT 7 eating in 4A.  A new and different view.  I wonder if this is what was reported at the taping of 12.01?  Also wonder if it will be used in the opening????

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

In between TBBT and Young Sheldon last evening (Thursday, Sept. 13) they showed a quick clip of TBBT 7 eating in 4A.  A new and different view.  I wonder if this is what was reported at the taping of 12.01?  Also wonder if it will be used in the opening????

Yes, it was mentioned that they filmed an extra scene with them eating. Fingers crossed they finally update the opening! :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, April said:

Ture. My Grandma loves the Amish books, however, My Grandpa has never read them. It does not mean he don't love my Grandma, It just that he not interested in those kinds of books. But He does take interest when she tell him about a book she reading. Most couples I know don't take turnsreading what the other spouse is reading or exchange boos 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Yes, this really stood out to me, too. I don't know if the angle is quite right for the final scene of the intro, though. Still, they may have shot more than just this snippet. I also hope we get a new cast shot for the final season's opening.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, April said:

But do they go out of the way to find faults to just get even?

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic