[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

5 hours ago, April said:

So you're suggesting that every couple who hasn't read each other's favourite novel doesn't love each other? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that's not how people work.

THANK YOU. I totally agree. Same thing with movies, bands and foods.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Looks like they are working outside today.

Warner Bros. still has their Bat-Mobile display at the studio tour. I wonder if they're going to be featuring any of them in an episode or if it was simply parked near them. Allison Janney recently posted a photo of her in the '60s car with Johnny Galecki in the background.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

Warner Bros. still has their Bat-Mobile display at the studio tour. I wonder if they're going to be featuring any of them in an episode or if it was simply parked near them.

I pretty much doubt it. They could have done that years ago, if they really wanted to do it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chucky said:

But, does he read or watch your favorites just to find inaccuracies just to be an ass and point them out to you for revenge? Sheldon probably loves Amy now, but at that time I don't think he did! Otherwise he wouldn't have gone out of his way to hurt her!

3 hours ago, April said:

It was explained in the plot. It has nothing to do with his feelings for her. It was the result of him having the wrong idea of how to handle conflict in a relationship. It's not that difficult.

It was kind of a childish way to handle a conflict due to Sheldon not being well versed in the social and emotional world. In his eyes, Amy did a nasty thing by ruining Raiders for him and he had to repay her by the same token. 

Look, these characters are in no way perfect people. They each have their flaws. Each of the couples do inconsiderate things to each other every now and then. It's a sitcom, a show that builds it's humor on flawed people handling different life situations, many times everyday situations. It's not a drama about perfect people in perfect relationships torn apart by dramatic, unusual circumstances. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, bfm said:

It was kind of a childish way to handle a conflict due to Sheldon not being well versed in the social and emotional world. In his eyes, Amy did a nasty thing by ruining Raiders for him and he had to repay her by the same token. 

Look, these characters are in no way perfect people. They each have their flaws. Each of the couples do inconsiderate things to each other every now and then. It's a sitcom, a show that builds it's humor on flawed people handling different life situations, many times everyday situations. It's not a drama about perfect people in perfect relationships torn apart by dramatic, unusual circumstances. 

Well explained. Many enthusiasts want to have seen a change in Sheldon (just as an example), but everyone should judge for themselves. Changes have always been tried. Some have failed terribly, to the point of ridicule. So, here we are again with our comedy. :shy:

misc_431.gif.c72305912e2d945fe176bd23b6d4dfe6.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, veejay said:

Well explained. Many enthusiasts want to have seen a change in Sheldon (just as an example), but everyone should judge for themselves. Changes have always been tried. Some have failed terribly, to the point of ridicule. So, here we are again with our comedy. :shy:

Okay Dokay

3 hours ago, veejay said:

but he has changed

no taking that back 

• Make a lot more sense than that 1

40 minutes ago, Burberry said:

but he has changed

no taking that back 

The more he changes, the more he stays the same. He may have changed in his actions with Amy.  But to the rest of the gang, he's the same old condescending ass. NO CHANGES THERE!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

Warner Bros. still has their Bat-Mobile display at the studio tour. I wonder if they're going to be featuring any of them in an episode or if it was simply parked near them. Allison Janney recently posted a photo of her in the '60s car with Johnny Galecki in the background.

I'd love that.

9 hours ago, April said:

It was explained in the plot. It has nothing to do with his feelings for her. It was the result of him having the wrong idea of how to handle conflict in a relationship. It's not that difficult.

Well put.

2 hours ago, chucky said:

The more he changes, the more he stays the same. He may have changed in his actions with Amy.  But to the rest of the gang, he's the same old condescending ass. NO CHANGES THERE!

There will be some people who will always hate that character even though he's the linchpin the whole show turns around and they won't continue the show without, and that's okay. As has been pointed out many times it would be very boring if everyone liked the same things. We'll just have to let that ep go and continue looking for info about the new season and see how that goes.

• Like 5
  • Run to India 1

Yes, he tries hard, but not everyone seems to be convinced of it. 😁

shen_188.gif.f70b425d28c9f4493bf8a5fa906da55e.gif

shen_189.gif.e5085d7fff6b5accc1483c9d1ab30b75.gif

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'd love that.

Well put.

There will be some people who will always hate that character even though he's the linchpin the whole show turns around and they won't continue the show without, and that's okay. As has been pointed out many times it would be very boring if everyone liked the same things. We'll just have to let that ep go and continue looking for info about the new season and see how that goes.

I'll continue to call out the condescending jerk who's suppose to be a friend but doesn't have a clue about the true meaning of friendship!

On 9/15/2018 at 10:44 AM, chucky said:
You do what you want. I'll continue to call out the condescending jerk who's suppose to be a friend but doesn't have a clue about the true meaning of friendship!

Yes, Sheldon has never been a ‘real’ or ‘true’ Friend. He only pretends to be o =ne when he wants something in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Yes, Sheldon has never been a ‘real’ or ‘true’ Friend. He only pretends to be o e when he wants something in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not true. He truly asked Penny not to hurt his friend (Leonard) when he thought she was about to break up with him.

• Like 3

I'll continue to call out the condescending jerk who's suppose to be a friend but doesn't have a clue about the true meaning of friendship!

That would make sense if he were real and could hear what you are saying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Burberry said:

but he has changed

no taking that back 

Has he really? I guess you could say that. but at the core he's the same egotistical jerk he's always been, IMO. What they have changed are some peripheral behaviors, which to me don't ring true at all.

1 hour ago, BigBang15 said:

That's not true. He truly asked Penny not to hurt his friend (Leonard) when he thought she was about to break up with him.

That is true, but as you very well know the fact that he was a true friend once, doesn't really mean he's a true friend. It only means he had one nice gesture. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

That would make sense if he were real and could hear what you are saying.

Not necessarily. The fact that he's not real doesn't make Chucky's opinion (with which I happen to agree) any less valid. Heck, in this forum we've been giving our opinions about fictitious characters for years now.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Even now, after marriage, Sheldon hasn’t moved away with his own wife to live independently. 

Ummmm, I can't recall anything canon about this statement, especially "after marriage" part, is there something related in the 12X01 and 12X02's TRs? Or maybe 12X03? 

Can you give us any examples to support your statement, please? 

• Like 1
  • Run to India 1

Focusing on S12 for a moment- is there any indication in the news and chatter that the season will be an upfront swan song with a long windup? Or will they come to a sudden stop with no notice. I haven’t paid attention to many shows endings. Usually they have lost me before then or they have died young. But Castle fr’instance, died with an unexpected bullet and a contrived epilogue. Fringe packed in all the hits, firefly just stopped. 

What’s the betting? Slow drift to the end, or Spacex style just enough fuel hoverslam?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

So it seems to me you are saying the people who are attacking him and the ones who are defending him are both wrong.

Maybe not “wrong”, but  “in game”. Not looking at the design of the game, just playing it. It’s the difference in  perspective and frame of reference.

wrong is a strong word. Sheldon is often wrong, for instance. But his character is right to behave as he does.  Else no show. 

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic