[Spoilers] Season 12 Discussion Thread

Tensor

20 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

Wouldn't it be awesome if we would get an arch on the show. :icon_biggrin::nyam::sarcastichand:

Well, Sheldon keeps an 'arch' enemies list...

Howard is an engineer. He could design and construct an arch...

Zack likes Archie comics. That's close to having an 'Arch' on the show...

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Shelldon said:

Of course they are proud about not planning arcs

No doubt in my mind that Raj would continue to have filler plots in S12, probably based around being jealous of Stuart/Denise if Jim Parsons said he was staying

What happens for Raj in 12.02 was whipped up exactly one night before at best

Don't know if they actually changed the script for Raj, but I do think they did make some changes after the announcement........Raj plot could have been inserted and also the plotline for Leonard and Penny in episode 3 where they talk about starting a family.  Thought this was kind of early for that story when it could have been covered later, which makes me think there is a story arc beginning.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chucky said:

Who said anything about spin offs!

I did for one, and have been gabbing on about them for months. And I daresay there's a few more, and not just from this and other groups of fans,but  also those people at CBS etc who are looking for the next money-spinner from this group of characters. I've long-imagined that the end of TBBT would involve moves towards the next step for everybody. I'm surely not alone in wanting to know what's going to happen to them all ?

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I've long-imagined that the end of TBBT would involve moves towards the next step for everybody. I'm surely not alone in wanting to know what's going to happen to them all ?

Well we all know Jim Parsons is happy to move on

5 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

...I want to know more about the arch story arc.....

It’s simple a story arc is basically a story(tbbt) with a climax and a resolution. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burberry said:

It’s simple a story arc is basically a story(tbbt) with a climax and a resolution. 

Hahahaha!  I was doing a little word play as someone brought up the fact that Us magazine called an arc an arch.....Sarcasm in that I was looking forward to a TBBT story arc about an arch!!!!  Maybe a story arc for a road trip to St. Louis.  Or McDonald's....Hahahahahaha!!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I did for one, and have been gabbing on about them for months. And I daresay there's a few more, and not just from this and other groups of fans,but  also those people at CBS etc who are looking for the next money-spinner from this group of characters. I've long-imagined that the end of TBBT would involve moves towards the next step for everybody. I'm surely not alone in wanting to know what's going to happen to them all ?

I'm asking who in CBS or Warner Brothers or any creditable resource mentioned spin offs. I know it's been discussed on the Forum by members. I haven't seen anything official on spin offs. There's plenty of speculation here, but nothing in print officially yea or nay about said spin offs.

5 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Perhaps there will be one for when Raj gets married.  Or an arch underneath which Amy can give birth????

Now Raj could probably plan a gorgeous wedding!

1 hour ago, Burberry said:

I'm not sure if happy is the right word. He just felt it was time to move on and I'm sure he wasn't the only one who would prefer to go out on top and get on with the rest of their lives.

36 minutes ago, chucky said:

'm asking who in CBS or Warner Brothers or any creditable resource mentioned spin offs. I know it's been discussed on the Forum by members. I haven't seen anything official on spin offs. There's plenty of speculation here, but nothing in print officially yea or nay about said spin offs.

I'm 99% sure there will not be another spin off. I have not seen anything concrete either, but personally I just don't think so.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, chucky said:

I'm asking who in CBS or Warner Brothers or any creditable resource mentioned spin offs. I know it's been discussed on the Forum by members. I haven't seen anything official on spin offs. There's plenty of speculation here, but nothing in print officially yea or nay about said spin offs.

I think it's early days yet for the real powers-that-be to be mentioning anything publicly, but I'd be surprised if we don't hear within the year that it's been or being mooted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I think it's early days yet for the real powers-that-be to be mentioning anything publicly, but I'd be surprised if we don't hear within the year that it's been or being mooted.

I'll be surprised if we see anything on spin off. Now if they end YS it may end with Jim and Mayim talking to Sheldon and Amy's kids, but other than that no. They all probably want to get back to their real lives and have enough money to do whatever they want with them. I certainly don't think I would watch it. I don't even like YS.

Just now, Tensor said:

You do know she was referring to what's going to happen to the characters, not the actors, right?

The poster said specifically that "Jim Parsons is happy to move on."

• Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Now Raj could probably plan a gorgeous wedding!

I'm not sure if happy is the right word. He just felt it was time to move on and I'm sure he wasn't the only one who would prefer to go out on top and get on with the rest of their lives.

I'm 99% sure there will not be another spin off. I have not seen anything concrete either, but personally I just don't think so.

neither do I.

2 hours ago, Burberry said:

Is he happy to move on or is he ready to move on? There's a big difference

TBF I Think most of the cast are happy the show is ending. Partic Johnny and Kaley. Yeah sure, Kaley for instance be sad after being on the show most of her adult life. Since she was 19. But I kinda feel creatively they have clocked out a while ago. Partic the writers. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Is he happy to move on or is he ready to move on? There's a big difference

JMO I think all of them are ready to move on as 3kull mentioned. Are they sad? Sure. I mean Kaley was the only one I heard expressing that sediment but that doesn’t mean she isn’t ready to move on. It seems common knowledge that Johnny is ready to move on. I’m sure the others feel the same.

36 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

JMO I think all of them are ready to move on as 3kull mentioned. Are they sad? Sure. I mean Kaley was the only one I heard expressing that sediment but that doesn’t mean she isn’t ready to move on. It seems common knowledge that Johnny is ready to move on. I’m sure the others feel the same.

The quote was happy to move on. I said ready to move on. There's a difference between happy and ready.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

The quote was happy to move on. I said ready to move on. There's a difference between happy and ready.

I’m happy and ready for them to move on. Unless they make it the Leonard & Penny Show in the final episodes. In which case I’m in for another 13 (sic) seasons.

... maybe. if it’s funny.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Shelldon said:

What happens for Raj in 12.02 was whipped up exactly one night before at best

Again, an emoji, instead of providing any evidence.  It's good to know you make unfounded and unsupported statements.  

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I was commenting to the poster who said that, not the original poster. Sorry that turned into a version of that old Chinese telephone game I used to play as a kid.

Hehehehe, I remember that also.  I knew the poster you were referring to mentioned Jim, I just didn't understand why, which is why I asked if they new it was about characters.  

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic