[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

4 hours ago, bfm said:

Sheldon:

Gets married to his one and only love

Gets love/affection from his family and Beverly

Gets major professional success, perhaps a Nobel/Nobel nomination

Gets to have children as he wanted

Leonard:

Marries the love of his life (that's a big one, but...:  )

Barely gets any affection from his family

His super helium idea becomes equally Sheldon's and Sheldon takes credit for it, the project based on it is suddenly taken away from them and Howard (and Sheldon later still has impact on it by himself, unknown to the others)

His friends barely recognize his impact on their lives (mostly Sheldon obviously)

After years of dreaming about having children with his wife and her not showing doubts when the subject comes up, out of left field and in quite an insensitive way she drop the bomb on him that she now doesn't want to have children

ETA: To clarify, I think Leonard will still be happy because he's got Penny and he's got friends, he probably didn't think he would have those as a kid. But this upsets me, t feels so unfair. Sure life is unfair but this is supposed to be a feel-good sitcom, it doesn't have to be this unfair.

Reading that was depressing but was so true too the only thing missing is Sheldon buying a house and getting tenure. Although there's still time for them to give Sheldon them too i mean why not he's got everything else he wanted.  And you're right it's so unfair on Leonard especially since without him Sheldon would have nothing. 

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Reading that was depressing but was so true too the only thing missing is Sheldon buying a house and getting tenure.

Sooo true!!!! Depressing? That's jumping off the roof depression!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

I really wonder what the hell these writers think about.  Holland said in interviews before season 11 that they considered giving Penny a new job. And after the Bill Gates episode I really thought that PR job would be forthcoming. So what the hell happened? Now they are running out of time so I guess we will not see that occur. I also wish they would promote Leonard to the Chairmanship of the Physics Dept.  This way he can be Sheldon's boss and tell him he can take the Nobel prize and stuff it someplace!

You could be right. I counted the Halloween episode as a Lenny one because of the first kiss plotline.  If they don't think this is overkill I don't know what is for Sheldon/Shamy Guess they feel this is the way to go but they are pissing off alot of fans in doing so. But they know that the Lenny fans will watch until the end, maybe that is why they drag out their plotlines.

Well, yeah. They probably tried to make the usual off-screen adventures of Lenny visible. But I guess once again Sheldon came in between.

n_493.gif.86ec1c08694fa3a5e8b0925284eedb7e.gif

P: Okay, there's something for your letter: "Considered going on a trip."
S11 - The Celebration Reverberation
Wtf!

Edited by veejay
The jif's taken from season 11 bloopers.
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, SRAM said:

It is so glaring in the show that everyone else has jobs they strived for and love while Penny has been in jobs she hates but has to do because she needs the money, very sad.  That has to make a viewer wonder, even though she found the love of her life, was the rest of her life screwed up because she became friends with the nerds, the way this show is going i really think it would make you wonder.

Her professional life didn't go awry because of her friends. In fact, if it weren't for Bernadette she would have probably still worked in a job she had but also wouldn't make such great money.

5 hours ago, SRAM said:

I will always wonder how the show would have been if they had kept Sheldon single and had him stay the way he was.  Amy could still have been his friend but she could have still been part of the girl posse and became more normal as time went on, getting dating advice from the girls.  Sheldon would have continued to have that self important edge, which made him so popular in the first half of the show run, and would have not been neutered like they are doing now.  Would the show have been better?

I highly doubt it. While I generally feel Sheldon has lost his edge, I think the show would have gotten stale much earlier if he hadn't changed.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, bfm said:

Her professional life didn't go awry because of her friends. In fact, if it weren't for Bernadette she would have probably still worked in a job she had but also wouldn't make such great money.

I highly doubt so. While I generally feel Sheldon has lost his edge, I think the show would have gotten stale much earlier if he hadn't changed.

My logic wants to prove you right, but the facts show me a different show than the one I loved for a long time. This show was called TBBT and not The Sheldon Show. /sigh

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, veejay said:

My logic wants to prove you right, but the facts show me a different show than the one I loved for a long time. This show was called TBBT and not The Sheldon Show. /sigh

Soooo True! Ut changed from TBBT to TSCS!

Edited by chucky

43 minutes ago, veejay said:

My comment was not about how much Sheldon we get, which I think is way too much. 

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I really wonder what the hell these writers think about.  Holland said in interviews before season 11 that they considered giving Penny a new job. And after the Bill Gates episode I really thought that PR job would be forthcoming. So what the hell happened? Now they are running out of time so I guess we will not see that occur. I also wish they would promote Leonard to the Chairmanship of the Physics Dept.  This way he can be Sheldon's boss and tell him he can take the Nobel prize and stuff it someplace!.

It would be easy to fit that in before the show ends.  Amy and Sheldon get their (really his) Nobel.  Leonard gets the chair of the Physics Department and Penny gets her PR job which she loves (and maybe Pregnant).  Stuart and Denise get engaged and move in together.  That blond bimbo actually marries Bert, because he is so big 😂.   Bernadette can become a VP at her company and I think it would be funny in the last episode if she told Howard she was pregnant again.  For Raj, I want a divorced Missy to return and them both to disappear until they return married from Las Vegas to Sheldon’s extreme consternation.  I think They could get this done before the show ends.

• Like 1

I would take Penny getting pregnant instead of Leonard getting Physics chair and Penny getting PR job. JMO the show is more about their relationship than their jobs.

• Like 5

Just watched ep 11x11( The Celebration Reverberation) two things stood out in that episode first Leonards line " I guess it feels like everyone is moving forward and we're stuck"  after hearing that I thought that's how they have been treated even now in this final season.

But the more interesting lines were these:

Leonard " We've been married two years should we think about what's next.. like buying a house or having a baby?".

Penny "Look I want to do all those things someday".

So Penny didn't only change her mind about having a baby but about buying a house also. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, SRAM said:

It would be easy to fit that in before the show ends.  Amy and Sheldon get their (really his) Nobel.  Leonard gets the chair of the Physics Department and Penny gets her PR job which she loves (and maybe Pregnant).  Stuart and Denise get engaged and move in together.  That blond bimbo actually marries Bert, because he is so big 😂.   Bernadette can become a VP at her company and I think it would be funny in the last episode if she told Howard she was pregnant again.  For Raj, I want a divorced Missy to return and them both to disappear until they return married from Las Vegas to Sheldon’s extreme consternation.  I think They could get this done before the show ends.

That would be one hell of an ending!

4 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Reading that was depressing but was so true too the only thing missing is Sheldon buying a house and getting tenure. Although there's still time for them to give Sheldon them too i mean why not he's got everything else he wanted.  And you're right it's so unfair on Leonard especially since without him Sheldon would have nothing. 

Yeah  As Mary Cooper said "Leonard has a special place in my heart for taking care of Sheldon all these years"  How true, how true!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

That would be one hell of an ending!

Yep and one I would love to watch!

5 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Just watched ep 11x11( The Celebration Reverberation) two things stood out in that episode first Leonards line " I guess it feels like everyone is moving forward and we're stuck"  after hearing that I thought that's how they have been treated even now in this final season.

But the more interesting lines were these:

Leonard " We've been married two years should we think about what's next.. like buying a house or having a baby?".

Penny "Look I want to do all those things someday".

So Penny didn't only change her mind about having a baby but about buying a house also. 

Thats not a very convincing commitment from Penny. And I don't think it is illegal to change your mind. Clearly Penny still has commitment issues. Same with the Season 11 episode 9. When in the Secret Video it was revealed Penny always loved Leonard. But it also revealed her deep seeded insecurities and commitment issues. 

So IMO I don't think it is as simple as Penny changed her mind. More she has reverted back to type. And Leonard has compromised in order to preserve his relationship with Penny. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Thats not a very convincing commitment from Penny. And I don't think it is illegal to change your mind. Clearly Penny still has commitment issues. Same with the Season 11 episode 9. When in the Secret Video it was revealed Penny always loved Leonard. But it also revealed her deep seeded insecurities and commitment issues. 

So IMO I don't think it is as simple as Penny changed her mind. More she has reverted back to type. And Leonard has compromised in order to preserve his relationship with Penny. 

Okay Dokay

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

For a successful marriage that compromise has to go both ways though.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Erm what...How on earth is Penny agreeing she wanted a baby and to buy a house someday unconvincing?. Are you trying to say she was lying to him. Also why is the excuse for her always commitment issues?. While you might be able to use that over her  not wanting a baby. Although i think its more about her being insecure she won't be a good mother. But there is no real excuse for her to change her mind about buying a house. You can't use commitment issues for that as she has lived alone with Leonard for years. Also i never said it was illegal for her to change her mind it just doesn't really make sense to me that's all. And as for your last line..im sorry but why should Leonard always be the one to compromise. Just so he doesn't lose her that's not good, compromises should be done by both of them not just Leonard.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bfm said:

My comment was not about how much Sheldon we get, which I think is way too much. 

Oh, I know. My reply was probably just the usual bad twitch, which has caught up with me when I watch "this show" now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SRAM said:

I guess you could call that the "Big Bang" ending. I'd prefer something more cyclic. One that I think I suggested before would be the revelation that the whole series has been the screenplay Penny said she was writing in 101. Another would be that Sheldon realises marrying Amy was a terrible mistake and wants to move back to 4A. Then L & P could subject him to interview and tests like a sort of mirror image of those S gave L when L first arrived at 4A. Including what S has learned about popular culture from P. The last scene could be a domestic evening at 4a with the 3 of them and S saying it's just like the good old days. P's facial expressions in response could be the final image.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

I guess you could call that the "Big Bang" ending. I'd prefer something more cyclic. One that I think I suggested before would be the revelation that the whole series has been the screenplay Penny said she was writing in 101. Another would be that Sheldon realises marrying Amy was a terrible mistake and wants to move back to 4A. Then L & P could subject him to interview and tests like a sort of mirror image of those S gave L when L first arrived at 4A. Including what S has learned about popular culture from P. The last scene could be a domestic evening at 4a with the 3 of them and S saying it's just like the good old days. P's facial expressions in response could be the final image.

...and the smart and beautiful babies would jump around Sheldon.  😏

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, veejay said:

...and the smart and beautiful babies would jump around Sheldon.  😏

I could enjoy that if happened! :sungum:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Both of those are interesting but are highly unlikely to happen. As the finale will more than likely be more about Sheldon/Shamy than the rest.

Id like to see the finale be set in the future maybe 5 years. And we get to see what has happened to them all during that time.

• Like 1

I’m just hoping it will be an upbeat ending and not a How I Met your mother type ending where one feels as though they’ve been slugged in the guts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TBBT78 said:

I’m just hoping it will be an upbeat ending and not a How I Met your mother type ending where one feels as though they’ve been slugged in the guts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robin and Ted together was an upbeat ending. If TBBT has Penny not pregnant it will be a slug in the guts.

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

If TBBT has Penny not pregnant it will be a slug in the guts.

I have to agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Robin and Ted together was an upbeat ending. If TBBT has Penny not pregnant it will be a slug in the guts.

Personally I thought the end was just awful and sad for Robin -just a horrible sad sack ending all-around.  I agree Penny not wanting to be pregnant is one to the gut for Lenny’s and Leonard fans especially but it presumably will leave their futures open.