The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

You have to consider Penny’s world. The last time you saw Penny’s friends in a group setting was the Football game back on season 3. I just saw the episode last night with Penny’s father telling Leonard how stupid Penny’s ex boyfriends were.  The last person who you would consider Penny’s friend is Zack. Penny’s friends are the other 6. The problem is really Penny’s issue and avoiding the real problem. It’s been said she is worried about her body being different after kids, her career is going well and life is good. Those are valid reasons but not necessarily the real reasons. It’s been said it’s obvious she doesn’t want kids because she’s letting Leonard decide about donating. I don’t buy that at all. I think she was thrown for a loop when he didn’t say no. Obviously B and A didn’t side with her and at that moment she had no input into the decision though I’m not sure any woman would be happy their husband getting pregnant another woman. 

I think Leonard would love any kid they would have. I’m not sure Penny totally sees that but this Zack storyline might change that.

I tend to want to agree, but god only knows what the writers will come up with this time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think Leonard would love any kid they would have. I’m not sure Penny totally sees that but this Zack storyline might change that.

That’s also my point of view…

n_404.gif.56ac14b39483abe5ea6f8b1b69a5a764.gif

...and that seems to be Penny's statement.

1 hour ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Yaaas perfect please contact Chuck Lorre 😂😭

Haha he can check my fic, I have made next generation characters (kids/teens in the currently published chapters but I do hope to get to the chapters where they're grown up)

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

She has mentioned not being smart enough for Leonard in the past. Season 2 opener, Priya and Alex

This can also be used to have her think she won't be good enough for Leonard's kids. Anyway, we have no idea what will be, we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Haha he can check my fic, I have made next generation characters (kids/teens in the currently published chapters but I do hope to get to the chapters where they're grown up)

This can also be used to have her think she won't be good enouh for Leonard's kids. Anyway, we have no idea what will be, we'll have to wait and see.

Yes, the writers giveth and the writers taketh away!  :sungum:

2 hours ago, bfm said:

As I said in the DT, I think there are two options regarding the working for Bernadette plot:

1. As opposed to her stopping Bernadette from hiring someone else, she did not stop Leonard from having someone else be the mother of his biological child, meaning she really doesn't want to have kids.

2. They are trying to hint that, just like in the case of the job, Penny said that she didn't want kids but in fact it's not that she really doesn't want them and she made the decision not to have them because she is nervous about it, afraid of the change in the life she has now, which she sees as good. This is among the writers' best options out of the corner they've written themselves into in 12×03 if they do decide to end with Lenny having kids or at least undecided about that (as opposed to most probably not having kids as is their state for now). Instead of going "oops, she changed her mind again" which is a worse representation of people who don't want kids* and can be countered by "well, who say she won't change her mind again?", they'd be saying she didn't really not want kids. I'm saying "among" the best options because IMO if they go with simply "nervous", and not some more serious fear/insecurities/self-doubt, then why didn't she just tell Leonard? Anyway, if this is the case they may have her stop Leonard when he's about to get the "stuff" out or about to hand it to Marissa (if they feel more whacky they may have Penny hand Marissa something else, like a gel or something, instead of Leonard's sperm, and if they're extra-extra-whacky they could do the whacky thing I jokingly suggested, which is have Penny give Marissa something else and take the sperm for herself XD and then Penny will get pregnant and Zack will accuse her of stealing the baby XD XD Again I'm just joking!).

*This option is ideal as a representation of people who don't want kids either, because it's a little like saying they're just nervous or scared of it, which is kind of supported with Bernadette's case. That's why I keep saying they wrote themselves into a corner with 12×03.

I think plot no. 2 is the more logical theory.  However, the stuff with Marisa does seem a little wacky.  And you are correct, they did paint themselves into a corner with episode 3 the same way they did with Bernadette's second pregnancy.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

And you are correct, they did paint themselves into a corner

The problems arises when they paint their way out of that corner!

3 hours ago, veejay said:

I'm not at all interested in a longer pregnancy story for Lenny. I'd be perfectly satisfied with the announcement of Penny's pregnancy with regard to the smart and beautiful babies (with ultrasonic scan-pics for the sake of plausibility, LOL) at the end of the series.
Make this damn comedy fun again in the end!

Oh yes and on the ultrasonic scan-pics we'll see that Penny will have twins. :icon_cheesygrin:

(we must have the smart and beautiful babies)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

Oh yes and on the ultrasonic scan-pics we'll see that Penny will have twins. :icon_cheesygrin:

(we must have the smart and beautiful babies)

You read my mind. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

This could be the time to go back to visit nurse Althea at the sperm bank. I think there is a lot of scenarios there 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, veejay said:

You read my mind. :icon_cheesygrin:

And mine! She would make Bernadette jealous as both would have two kids, but Penny did it with just 1 pregnancy!  8)

24 minutes ago, chucky said:

And mine! She would make Bernadette jealous as both would have two kids, but Penny did it with just 1 pregnancy!  8)

ob_22.gif.c3a1864a76de4b00603444193c5d7c48.gif

😉

• Like 4

1 minute ago, veejay said:

😉

If the writers could surprise us with a scene like this gif.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

If the writers could surprise us with a scene like this gif.

You are more likely to see a scene like that with Leonard and Marissa.

• Haha 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

52 minutes ago, veejay said:

😉

Sorry, not in me to shush. Just not my style!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

You have to consider Penny’s world. The last time you saw Penny’s friends in a group setting was the Football game back on season 3. I just saw the episode last night with Penny’s father telling Leonard how stupid Penny’s ex boyfriends were.  The last person who you would consider Penny’s friend is Zack. Penny’s friends are the other 6. The problem is really Penny’s issue and avoiding the real problem. It’s been said she is worried about her body being different after kids, her career is going well and life is good. Those are valid reasons but not necessarily the real reasons. It’s been said it’s obvious she doesn’t want kids because she’s letting Leonard decide about donating. I don’t buy that at all. I think she was thrown for a loop when he didn’t say no. Obviously B and A didn’t side with her and at that moment she had no input into the decision though I’m not sure any woman would be happy their husband getting pregnant another woman. 

You think it will finally dawn on Penny after meeting Marissa that Leonard won't mind if his children aren't brilliant and academically able ?

Edited by joyceraye

15 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

You think it will finally dawn on Penny after meeting Marissa that Leonard won't mind if his children aren't brilliant and academically able ?

I hope that happens!

THAT was not good

I don’t care that Lenny were so sweet on the boat before the bombshell and kissed.....that was not good.

I don’t care Penny decided not to have kids without discussing it....... that was not good

I don’t care that both Penny and Leonard both have reason to be annoyed with the other ...... that was not good

I don’t care that Penny was the bigger person and thought it was Leonard’s decision since she made hers.....that was not good

I don’t care that Penny was so sweet to say they couldn’t have chosen a better person ..... that was not good

I don’t care that we haven’t seen the decision yet so he might say no still and I’ve uncharacteristically complained early.......that was not good

I don’t care that the story might still turn around and Lenny get the ending we’ve wanted for nearly 12 years.........that was not good

That just was not good.

FOR ME -

Worse than the BS Boat kiss

Worse than the bowling alley

Worse than Priya

Worse than the Raj thing

Worse than Penny nearly ending it at the start of Season 6

Worse than years of being trapped behind a kitchen island with nothing to do

Worse than Penny having years of no success

Worse than Leonard being constantly devalued by every friend

That was not good. The show is poorer for the writers thinking this was a good idea

c075e31019ec891e3d177c59541c580e.jpg&key=4dc7a9a72f59160451079a71d1838fa4592e7fd4db36298597195fb7f8b321c8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

THAT was not goodemoji35.png

I don’t care that Lenny were so sweet on the boat before the bombshell and kissed.....that was not good.

I don’t care Penny decided not to have kids without discussing it....... that was not good

I don’t care that both Penny and Leonard both have reason to be annoyed with the other ...... that was not good

I don’t care that Penny was the bigger person and thought it was Leonard’s decision since she made hers.....that was not good

I don’t care that Penny was so sweet to say they couldn’t have chosen a better person ..... that was not good

I don’t care that we haven’t seen the decision yet so he might say no still and I’ve uncharacteristically complained early.......that was not good

I don’t care that the story might still turn around and Lenny get the ending we’ve wanted for nearly 12 years.........that was not good

That just was not good.

FOR ME -

Worse than Priya

Worse than the Raj thing

That was not good. The show is poorer for the writers thinking this was a good idea

c075e31019ec891e3d177c59541c580e.jpg&key=4dc7a9a72f59160451079a71d1838fa4592e7fd4db36298597195fb7f8b321c8

WOW  Think you should be writing this show!

• Like 1

...and I think it's about time I rent a batmobile to escape.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

THAT was not goodemoji35.png

That just was not good.

FOR ME -

Worse than Priya

Worse than the Raj thing

Not sure if that was worse than the boat kiss or the sudden no kids decision for me, but I totally get your feelings, my friend :(

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I think episode 3 caused this episode

I think episode 3 was a huge mistake.

• Like 3

The boat kiss was a temporary invented insert to add a bit of drama to the start of their marriage and at least was resolved and put to bed in consecutive weeks and in hindsight was followed with 3 seasons to heal the wounds. This adds a sense of certainty to the no kid plot 9 episodes ago ( ridiculous amount of time to let it hang out to dry with no follow up) and then gets put on hold again like it didn’t happen in next week’s episode, other than a quick joke from Bernie at the end that she could get her pregnant. And we know we are approaching end game with no positive outcome in sight. This is moving dangerously into HIMYM territory.

I’ve been on and off this forum for nearly 6 years and always had the rep as the rational, calming influence in my heyday here. I’m surprised and embarrassed I’m reacting so emotionally to this. The Lenny story and itwasdestined story were almost mirror images. We even share a wedding anniversary. This no kids thing is really killing this old child lover.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Itwasdestined said:

The boat kiss was a temporary invented insert to add a bit of drama to the start of their marriage and at least was resolved and put to bed in consecutive weeks and in hindsight was followed with 3 seasons to heal the wounds. This adds a sense of certainty to the no kid plot 9 episodes ago ( ridiculous amount of time to let it hang out to dry with no follow up) and then gets put on hold again like it didn’t happen in next week’s episode, other than a quick joke from Bernie at the end that she could get her pregnant. And we know we are approaching end game with no positive outcome in sight. This is moving dangerously into HIMYM territory.

I’ve been on and off this forum for nearly 6 years and always had the rep as the rational, calming influence in my heyday here. I’m surprised and embarrassed I’m reacting so emotionally to this. The Lenny story and itwasdestined story were almost mirror images. We even share a wedding anniversary. This no kids thing is really killing this old child lover.

I'm sure it's not gonna be HIMYM style in the finale episode, and Lenny will live together happily ever after :) they seemed pretty happy in today's episode, and even though the kids question is still in the air, it's safe to say that Lenny's marriage is not in any danger - somehow they manage to put up with all that nonsense plots and don't leave each other's side. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I'm sure it's not gonna be HIMYM style in the finale episode, and Lenny will live together happily ever after :) they seemed pretty happy in today's episode, and even though the kids question is still in the air, it's safe to say that Lenny's marriage is not in any danger - somehow they manage to put up with all that nonsense plots and don't leave each other's side. 

😉  Okay. I was talking about confidence elsewhere, so...

n_600.gif.f558c2ae2cac8017cada645a4d25ea23.gif

• Like 2

Just now, veejay said:

😉  Okay. I was talking about confidence elsewhere, so...

n_600.gif.f558c2ae2cac8017cada645a4d25ea23.gif

Haha I don’t know why I’m so positive about this, but it feels good 😂

• Like 1