Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

Recommended Posts

Just a *serious reminder.

n_627.gif.b4c2c42c3edd0a7f3e7493abf8938ba9.gif

*Please don't ruin my stupid jokes with facts. 😁

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


That hug had a big impact on me. I felt for both of them and it gave me hope for a satisfying conclusion. Great Lenny episode for me but wish it was continuing next week instead of being put on hold again for a Dungeons and Dragons episode.

Leonard has changed his mind - will Penny?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I feel they may create the idea of Lenny having kids a gray area. Purposely open. That hug I had the same emotional response. When Penny gently placed her hand on Leonard’s face in Season 5. When Priya demanded Leonard disown Penny. Strong Lenny episode. Very reminiscent of a Season 6-7 episode.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDK, while they may have her change her mind in the last episode or something, when Penny said her reason to regret telling Leonard they won't have kids was not wanting to disappoint him and her dad, I felt that was the end of the Hofstadter children. That is not a reason to have children, and thankfully those two men she loves the most support her. 

This could also be used to show that if thwy do have children it is not because of Penny not wating to disappoint Leonard, but in that case they could've made her express the fear of disappointing and have Wyatt and Leonard support her without making it her only reason to regret the no kids decision. 

I didn't feel it remained in a grey area in this episode. Leonard still sadly accepts not having children, which for him is preferable to not having Penny. Penny did not change her mind and did not show any hint of desire to have children. Remember the promotion plot? There, when the job was about to be taken away from her, she confessed that she wanted it. This did not happen here. Sure, the writers may have not thought of that, but I think the parallel, with the possibility of another woman getting the job, was pretty clear. 

The hug was touching and showed that they still love each other very much, for Leonard even when Penny is kind of, in a way, the source of his misery. I saw Penny in this hug as being relieved and grateful that Leonard gave up on donating, and also sharing in his pain from the thought of having a biological child and not being said child's father. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bfm said:

IDK, while they may have her change her mind in the last episode or something, when Penny said her reason to regret telling Leonard they won't have kids was not wanting to disappoint him and her dad, I felt that was the end of the Hofstadter children. That is not a reason to have children, and thankfully those two men she loves the most support her. 

This could also be used to show that if thwy do have children it is not because of Penny not wating to disappoint Leonard, but in that case they could've made her express the fear of disappointing and have Wyatt and Leonard support her without making it her only reason to regret the no kids decision. 

I didn't feel it remained in a grey area in this episode. Leonard still sadly accepts not having children, which for him is preferable to not having Penny. Penny did not change her mind and did not show any hint of desire to have children. Remember the promotion plot? There, when the job was about to be taken away from her, she confessed that she wanted it. This did not happen here. Sure, the writers may have not thought of that, but I think the parallel, with the possibility of another woman getting the job, was pretty clear. 

The hug was touching and showed that they still love each other very much, for Leonard even when Penny is kind of, in a way, the source of his misery. I saw Penny in this hug as being relieved and grateful that Leonard gave up on donating, and also sharing in his pain from the thought of having a biological child and not being said child's father. 

I agree and disagree. I see Penny rethinking the not having kids bit. Could be wishful thinking, but we'll need to see it play out!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chucky said:

I agree and disagree. I see Penny rethinking the not having kids bit. Could be wishful thinking, but we'll need to see it play out!

She may rethink it, but in this episode there wasn't anything to indicate this.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bfm said:

She may rethink it, but in this episode there wasn't anything to indicate this.

We disagree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bfm , as a self-proclaimed and desperate believer, I stand by Wyatt's side, of course.

misc_485.gif.37ee07981d62e115da3cf19f5e41925d.gif

That doesn't stop me from offering you my virtual honest hug, but…

n_631.gif.e5a5d0b88484f6776ce43a8f266962e7.gif

...please.  🙂

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of honest hugging...

n_666.gif.d539200ebe2034a3186e4b2fde828e56.gif

n_637.gif.e76b639e0085186f0786ac742856fab7.gif

...more, please. 😉

  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

 


I feel they may create the idea of Lenny having kids a gray area. Purposely open. That hug I had the same emotional response. When Penny gently placed her hand on Leonard’s face in Season 5. When Priya demanded Leonard disown Penny. Strong Lenny episode. Very reminiscent of a Season 6-7 episode.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I really got that impression too, about it being a gray area, because I saw several chances to reaffirm her no kids stance in that last scene with the three of them, but it seemed to me it was purposely avoided.  The main point I got from that last scene was that Wyatt still loved and was proud of Penny, Leonard was still madly in love with Penny, and Penny had a lot of regret in how she was hurting the two most important men in her life.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, veejay said:

Speaking of honest hugging...

n_666.gif.d539200ebe2034a3186e4b2fde828e56.gif

n_637.gif.e76b639e0085186f0786ac742856fab7.gif

...more, please. 😉

As I said, gotta love Wyatt!

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chucky said:

As I said, gotta love Wyatt!

Okay, just one more great hug...

n_658.gif.08a9f293efe58bf23739305a780c446e.gif

…and shouldn't Wyatt better be called "hugger"? 🙂

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, veejay said:

Okay, just one more great hug...

n_658.gif.08a9f293efe58bf23739305a780c446e.gif

…and shouldn't Wyatt better be called "hugger"? 🙂

Well, he is a hugging machine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, veejay said:

Okay, just one more great hug...

n_658.gif.08a9f293efe58bf23739305a780c446e.gif

…and shouldn't Wyatt better be called "hugger"? 🙂

That little hop she does as she is opening the door is just too cute!!!  Happy to see her daddy!!!

  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

That little hop she does as she is opening the door is just too cute!!!  Happy to see her daddy!!!

Sort of reminds me of her hop at shamy's wedding!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lot of thoughts on this episode--mostly good and I'll share them later on the Lenny thread.  There was just one moment that got me in a certain way.  I have been going back and forth over it since it aired.  Penny had a look on her face for what seemed like a split second near the end of their part of the episode, just before the splendid and amazing hug.  With the look it appeared (to me) that she was saying to him "I'll give you anything.  Anything and everything. Exept for this".  Now again, I have some thinking to do and like I said, I've been going back and forth.  A lot.  And it was an amazing episode that showed us much of the wonderfulness of Penny and Leonard, but that one split second.  I need to watch it again.  Anyone with thoughts????

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

That little hop she does as she is opening the door is just too cute!!!  Happy to see her daddy!!!

Considering how nervous she was before Wyatt's arriving, this was appropriate as his grown-up "little" slugger. 🙂

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I have a lot of thoughts on this episode--mostly good and I'll share them later on the Lenny thread.  There was just one moment that got me in a certain way.  I have been going back and forth over it since it aired.  Penny had a look on her face for what seemed like a split second near the end of their part of the episode, just before the splendid and amazing hug.  With the look it appeared (to me) that she was saying to him "I'll give you anything.  Anything and everything. Except for this".  Now again, I have some thinking to do and like I said, I've been going back and forth.  A lot.  And it was an amazing episode that showed us much of the wonderfulness of Penny and Leonard, but that one split second.  I need to watch it again.  Anyone with thoughts????

Different people see and reads scenes differently. Some people will think that's the end to the baby talk. Others see it the door has been open as a possibility of having kids.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, veejay said:

After watching this episode I just afraid the discussion about whether Lenny will have children or not will continue to haunt us to the (bitter?) end. As a "hopeless" optimist I expect the „smart and beautiful babies" in whether portrayal the writers will be able to find.

Until then, I realize that this was a very successful pure Lenny episode. The portrayal of the characters (Leonard, Penny & Wyatt) was excellent and the story believable for me. And I was able to laugh although the subject was quite serious.

lennyhug1215v.gif.26b52d4a218896eb38e757fcac0a557c.gif

I'm hoping that we in the end finally will get the smart and beautiful Lenny babies.

I'm also hoping for a Lenny house and some fur babies and perhaps even a Lenny rabbit. (probably asking for a little bit too much, I know)

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I have a lot of thoughts on this episode--mostly good and I'll share them later on the Lenny thread.  There was just one moment that got me in a certain way.  I have been going back and forth over it since it aired.  Penny had a look on her face for what seemed like a split second near the end of their part of the episode, just before the splendid and amazing hug.  With the look it appeared (to me) that she was saying to him "I'll give you anything.  Anything and everything. Exept for this".  Now again, I have some thinking to do and like I said, I've been going back and forth.  A lot.  And it was an amazing episode that showed us much of the wonderfulness of Penny and Leonard, but that one split second.  I need to watch it again.  Anyone with thoughts????

Yes, I took some time today and watched the episode two times in a row (the second time only the Lenny story). Then, as usual while cutting the little jifs, I discovered all kinds of emotions and especially all the facial expressions of our heroes.
After a long time this episode finally showed me a much more complex but also very wide-ranging emotional world of the Hofstadters. That was exciting for me and funny in context at the same time. The question is, why doesn't this happen much more often?
I don't want to go into the content of the episode now, as I'm known to take a slightly different perspective when seeing this comedy.
But, yes, this Lenny episode was an absolute favorite of mine. 🙂

n_633.gif.a71690f31ebfebc2c8875dbaf32e0fed.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I have a lot of thoughts on this episode--mostly good and I'll share them later on the Lenny thread.  There was just one moment that got me in a certain way.  I have been going back and forth over it since it aired.  Penny had a look on her face for what seemed like a split second near the end of their part of the episode, just before the splendid and amazing hug.  With the look it appeared (to me) that she was saying to him "I'll give you anything.  Anything and everything. Exept for this".  Now again, I have some thinking to do and like I said, I've been going back and forth.  A lot.  And it was an amazing episode that showed us much of the wonderfulness of Penny and Leonard, but that one split second.  I need to watch it again.  Anyone with thoughts????

Maybe you're referring to what I saw as her sharing in his pain at the thought of having a biological child and not being their father. I can see what you're saying, it could be seen as "I understand this hurts you and I am here for you" implying this is not going to change.

I don't know what the writers have in mind, they may have her change her mind, but I didn't see any indication of that in this episode.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

Maybe you're referring to what I saw as her sharing in his pain at the thought of having a biological child and not being their father. I can see what you're saying, it could be seen as "I understand this hurts you and I am here for you" implying this is not going to change.

I don't know what the writers have in mind, they may have her change her mind, but I didn't see any indication of that in this episode.

I find it amazing that the writers have given Lenny such a comprehensive performance in this episode. Even Shamy were integrated into the main theme in a meaningful and funny way. Maybe TPTB of the series with their main characters try to navigate themselves into some kind of a Neutral Zone. It remains to be seen if there will be a Black Hole at the end or if the final Big Bang will take place.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, veejay said:

I find it amazing that the writers have given Lenny such a comprehensive performance in this episode. Even Shamy were integrated into the main theme in a meaningful and funny way. Maybe TPTB of the series with their main characters try to navigate themselves into some kind of a Neutral Zone. It remains to be seen if there will be a Black Hole at the end or if the final Big Bang will take place.

I was amazed as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SRAM said:

I really got that impression too, about it being a gray area, because I saw several chances to reaffirm her no kids stance in that last scene with the three of them, but it seemed to me it was purposely avoided.  The main point I got from that last scene was that Wyatt still loved and was proud of Penny, Leonard was still madly in love with Penny, and Penny had a lot of regret in how she was hurting the two most important men in her life.

I'm glad Wyatt is proud of Penny and Leonard stuck up for her, but I didn't see evidence of her changing her mind. Yes, she regrets disappointing them and may change her mind, but I don't see it as a given.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, veejay said:

Speaking of honest hugging...

n_666.gif.d539200ebe2034a3186e4b2fde828e56.gif

n_637.gif.e76b639e0085186f0786ac742856fab7.gif

...more, please. 😉

Once again you can see Kaleys facial expressions in her acting skills.......truly emotional moments and she portrayed it perfectly.

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst I'm pleased that Leonard decided to not donate, I am left wondering when it comes to this whole plot,  what was the point of it?. I mean if the writers have no intention of having Penny ever change her mind about having kids, then this plot arc was just a giant waste of time that served no purpose other than to annoy fans.

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.