Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, bfm said:

How is their relationship "strained and broken"? Yes they had these stupid unreasonable fights in season 10 but they weren't "broken" then and it stopped when the writers realized it didn't come across the way they thought it would (just humor). I don't see anything strained or broken with them now, to me they seem happy and relaxed.

Here, let me give you a few examples

for starters they fight about all kinds stupid sh*t all the time, (friends, family, work, sex) I mean I highly suggest you go back and rewatch season 5,6,7,8,9,10

2) Leonard gave her a engagement ring that was made out of diamond drill bits, who does that?

3) Penny took off her engagement ring at work to flirt with other men. First off if   Penny feels the need to do that, they should not be getting married

4) i highly suggest you go back and rewatch season 5,6,7,8,9,10 they had some pretty stupid fights over nothing

5) their tradition of stupid fights with Lenny will probably go on for the rest of tbbt because it has always been there and it’s part of the shows history

 

Edited by Burberry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Burberry said:

...

5) their tradition of stupid fights with Lenny will probably go on for the rest of tbbt because it has always been there and it’s part of the shows history

Well, how the history of this comedy is dealt with can be seen most clearly in Sheldon. So in case of Lenny, one can really hope for some changes.
Some could also indulge in slightly hidden sarcasm.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Here, let me give you a few examples

for starters they fight about all kinds stupid sh*t all the time, (friends, family, work, sex) I mean I highly suggest you go back and rewatch season 5,6,7,8,9,10

2) Leonard gave her a engagement ring that was made out of diamond drill bits, who does that?

3) Penny took off her engagement ring at work to flirt with other men. First off if   Penny feels the need to do that, they should not be getting married

4) i highly suggest you go back and rewatch season 5,6,7,8,9,10 they had some pretty stupid fights over nothing

5) their tradition of stupid fights with Lenny will probably go on for the rest of tbbt because it has always been there and it’s part of the shows history

 

Wrong, they had fights made up and are stronger than ever. What couple don't fight over stupid stuff? It's part of the relationship. They love each other enough to not let it effect the relationship. I guess we see things differently and I'm happy with that. Have a nice day!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Here, let me give you a few examples

for starters they fight about all kinds stupid sh*t all the time, (friends, family, work, sex) I mean I highly suggest you go back and rewatch season 5,6,7,8,9,10

2) Leonard gave her a engagement ring that was made out of diamond drill bits, who does that?

3) Penny took off her engagement ring at work to flirt with other men. First off if   Penny feels the need to do that, they should not be getting married

4) i highly suggest you go back and rewatch season 5,6,7,8,9,10 they had some pretty stupid fights over nothing

5) their tradition of stupid fights with Lenny will probably go on for the rest of tbbt because it has always been there and it’s part of the shows history

 

1) News flash: couples fight. Friends, work, family, sex...These are the things that make up their lives, so yes they fight about them. 

2) A sitcom character does that. But why would this mean their "broken" or "strained"?

3) While definitely not a great move, that has nothing to do with Leonard. She does that to flirt with doctors in order to make sales, she would have done this no matter the state of her marriage.

4) There were fights in previous seasons but most of them weren't as stupid as the (second half of) season 10 fights, these were thankfully dropped in season 11. Again , couples fight, and in a sitcom fights may be overemphasized and exaggerated, this is not a documentary. 

5) See above.

By the way, Howard and Bernadette fight too, does this mean they're also "strained" and "broken"?

Shamy may fight less but with Sheldon being part of that relationship they had to go through a long journey until their relationship became more mutual and affectionate. 

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bfm said:

...

Shamy may fight less but with Sheldon being part of that relationship they had to go through a long journey until their relationship became more mutual and affectionate. 

I guess that's just a wishing well. 😉

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, veejay said:

I guess that's just a wishing well. 😉

Well, they have hugged, held hands, kissed and had sex, once. That's a perfect relationship for them. I guess now that they are married, Sheldon will agree to having coitus with Amy twice a year and that will be magical. Oh the two times is Amy's birthday and their anniversary. Sheldon probably don't see the need to do it on his birthday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chucky said:

Well, they have hugged, held hands, kissed and had sex, once. That's a perfect relationship for them. I guess now that they are married, Sheldon will agree to having coitus with Amy twice a year and that will be magical. Oh the two times is Amy's birthday and their anniversary. Sheldon probably don't see the need to do it on his birthday!

n_308.gif.421b0bcf09c76ba0942327aaf2d4e507.gif

...no matter how hard it falls.  :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burberry said:

Here, let me give you a few examples

for starters they fight about all kinds stupid sh*t all the time, (friends, family, work, sex) I mean I highly suggest you go back and rewatch season 5,6,7,8,9,10

2) Leonard gave her a engagement ring that was made out of diamond drill bits, who does that?

3) Penny took off her engagement ring at work to flirt with other men. First off if   Penny feels the need to do that, they should not be getting married

4) i highly suggest you go back and rewatch season 5,6,7,8,9,10 they had some pretty stupid fights over nothing

5) their tradition of stupid fights with Lenny will probably go on for the rest of tbbt because it has always been there and it’s part of the shows history

 

All right then, name these stupid fights then, and  remember only the stupid!fights.So that means  you can't put every fight they've had. Because as far as i remember most of there fights had a reason behind them. 

To me a stupid fight is when it's happens for a stupid reason that makes no sense. Like10x13 that fight was stupid, but most of there fights imo aren't stupid. Also when have they had a fight over sex? 

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Burberry said:

2) Leonard gave her a engagement ring that was made out of diamond drill bits, who does that?

That was Sheldon's description of the ring. Probably something Leonard told a gullible Sheldon who's stupid enough to believe anything someone tells him!

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chucky said:

Well, they have hugged, held hands, kissed and had sex, once. That's a perfect relationship for them. I guess now that they are married, Sheldon will agree to having coitus with Amy twice a year and that will be magical. Oh the two times is Amy's birthday and their anniversary. Sheldon probably don't see the need to do it on his birthday!

He doesn't. Amy was expecting him to when she persuaded him to have a party. However, when she mentioned she was going to see him in his birthday suit he  thought she was talking about clothes.

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

when she mentioned she was going to see him in his birthday suit he  thought she was talking about clothes.

That's our Sheldon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chucky said:

Wrong, they had fights made up and are stronger than ever. What couple don't fight over stupid stuff? It's part of the relationship. They love each other enough to not let it effect the relationship. I guess we see things differently and I'm happy with that. Have a nice day!

Sure

5 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

All right then, name these stupid fights then, and  remember only the stupid!fights.So that means  you can't put every fight they've had. Because as far as i remember most of there fights had a reason behind them. 

To me a stupid fight is when it's happens for a stupid reason that makes no sense. Like10x13 that fight was stupid, but most of there fights imo aren't stupid. Also when have they had a fight over sex? 

Umm to many times, you should seriously consider rewatch season 5,6,7,8,9,10 

Have a nice day 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Burberry said:

Sure

Umm to many times, you should seriously consider rewatch season 5,6,7,8,9,10 

Have a nice day 👍

I have, numerous times.  probably approaching 50 times at this point.   You are the one that claimed all their fights are about stupid shit, so how about you provide some actual evidence for this.   If not, it's just a claim with no support.   And, please come up with a definition of stupid shit that everyone agrees with.  

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2018 at 9:01 AM, chucky said:

Well, they have hugged, held hands, kissed and had sex, once. That's a perfect relationship for them.

And how much hugging, handholding, kissing and sex have you seen from the other two married couples the last couple of years? Not that much I'd wager and I doubt most fans think they are all happy.

Regarding stupid fights I think most people would agree the one they had on the way to Vegas was stupid. I still think if you fight all the way to your elopement, you should not elope. If the writers were going to pull that out of their asses, I think they should have resolved it better before the wedding. But that's just me and I know that's the proverbial dead horse around here.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

And how much hugging, handholding, kissing and sex have you seen from the other two married couples the last couple of years? Not that much I'd wager and most fans think they are all happy.

Regarding stupid fights I think most people would agree the one they had on the way to Vegas was stupid. I still think if you fight all the way to your elopement, you should not elope. If the writers were going to pull that out of their asses, I think they should have resolved it better before the wedding. But that's just me and I know that's the proverbial dead horse around here.

Well, Bernadette has had two kids, and we all know Penny's love of sex, so even though there's no showing of it , it's happening. Penny's always holding Leonard's hand or touching him in some way. She's always kissing him on the cheek. Which is way more than you can say for Sheldon and Amy. Sheldon "MR Germfest" Cooper carries a bottle of purell around with him for a reason.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chucky said:

Penny's always holding Leonard's hand or touching him in some way. She's always kissing him on the cheek

If it was ALWAYS Lenny fans would be a lot happier and with good reason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

If it was ALWAYS Lenny fans would be a lot happier and with good reason.

We are happy with Lenny, we are upset at having Sheldon/shamy shoved down our throats with 70 to 75 percent of each episode. Leaving 25 to 30 percent divided between 5 cast members!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Burberry said:

Sure

Umm to many times, you should seriously consider rewatch season 5,6,7,8,9,10 

Have a nice day 👍

Seriously? What would rewatching those seasons accomplish?. I will tell you .nothing because as a Lenny i know everything that's happened between them during those seasons. . Also i have rewatched those seasons on multiple occasions. 

The problem isn't with us we weren't the ones to claim all there fights are stupid. So as the one who did the burden of proof is on you to prove all there fights where stupid. 

  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Seriously? What would rewatching those seasons accomplish?. I will tell you .nothing because as a Lenny i know everything that's happened between them during those seasons. . Also i have rewatched those seasons on multiple occasions. 

The problem isn't with us we weren't the ones to claim all there fights are stupid. So as the one who did the burden of proof is on you to prove all there fights where stupid.

You've stated it so much better than I could.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chucky said:

We are happy with Lenny, we are upset at having Sheldon/shamy shoved down our throats with 70 to 75 percent of each episode.

I know no one who is totally happy with what is being done with Lenny. If we all were we wouldn't need a Dark Lenny thread in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I know no one who is totally happy with what is being done with Lenny. If we all were we wouldn't need a Dark Lenny thread in the first place.

We're not happy with what's been and being done to them. We are happy with them. At least they're happily married, living in 4A without that giant, pain in the ass baby. Sheldon is Amy's problem now. Like Leonard said "No Backies".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been celebrating how Penny shows her love by the way she looks at and touches Leonard when they're not directly engaged in romantic activity. That comes to a sudden stop with S8. There's some lovely Lenny action such as their dance on the roof in the Ep With Penny's Prom Dress, but no incidental signs of affection. Any ideas why?

This was before the show was totally degraded by Shamification, which began to take hold in S9.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

We've been celebrating how Penny shows her love by the way she looks at and touches Leonard when they're not directly engaged in romantic activity.

The touching, kissing still happens. They're just fewer than before, It's as if the writers don't want shamy looking bad for not being romantic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chucky said:

The touching, kissing still happens. They're just fewer than before, It's as if the writers don't want shamy looking bad for not being romantic.

Exactly and this is probably why in season eleven we never got to see Lenny share a kiss or hug and no bed scenes, instead gave all these things  to the Shamy instead so they would appear to the more romantic couple.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.