The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

My late father in law's favorite thing...we actually used to buy him huge jars of it as gifts.

You really struck a nerve. ūüėĀ

ow_222.gif.d1d06710b413ce3bd235d1adc9fb13cf.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

My late father in law's favorite thing...we actually used to buy him huge jars of it as gifts.

My Southern Redneck Grandmother had a love for pickled pig's feet and pickled eggs. Although I am a Southern Redneck as well, I have no love for those delicacies. God. give me a steak, fried chicken and moonshine.

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Just noting there was a quoting error, the post you quoted was made by veejay

7 hours ago, bfm said:

Ever since I found out they "wrote against" Lenny having children as a strategy to make it a surprise in the finale, I just don't take Penny not wanting kids seriously. I don't see this position as genuine anymore. The whole thing felt so OOC and against what we've seen prior to it because it was. It wasn't something that stemmed from the character and its experiences, it was something that was dropped on the character due to production interests, even though it didn't fit. 

If I do try to "fill in the blanks", I'd go with that it's not that Penny genuinely didn't want to have kids but that due to anxieties and feelings of inferiority (we did get glimpses of that from her over the years) she decided to give up on that. Finding out she was pregnant would make it poured out of her and then Leonard would find out. Those kind of feelings are something Leonard knows and understands well, he has battled with them successfully, especially in his quest to be with Penny. He would give her support and understanding, making them stronger than ever (as they seem in the finale).

Great analysis of their relationship!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Great analysis of their relationship!

I agree, it's a very good analysis!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bfm said:

Ever since I found out they "wrote against" Lenny having children as a strategy to make it a surprise in the finale, I just don't take Penny not wanting kids seriously. I don't see this position as genuine anymore. The whole thing felt so OOC and against what we've seen prior to it because it was. It wasn't something that stemmed from the character and its experiences, it was something that was dropped on the character due to production interests, even though it didn't fit. 

If I do try to "fill in the blanks", I'd go with that it's not that Penny genuinely didn't want to have kids but that due to anxieties and feelings of inferiority (we did get glimpses of that from her over the years) she decided to give up on that. Finding out she was pregnant would make it poured out of her and then Leonard would find out. Those kind of feelings are something Leonard knows and understands well, he has battled with them successfully, especially in his quest to be with Penny. He would give her support and understanding, making them stronger than ever (as they seem in the finale).

I always felt they took this playing around with Lenny, giving them all these difficult situations to deal with, almost too far.  You notice the huge difference between Lenny’s breakup, which lasted for years, and the fluffy little breakups Shamy and Howardette had, also how they both got together quickly while Lenny took several episodes to even date again, and even then the first time they have sex they have another conflict again.  The whole not wanting a baby thing just proved to me that the writers and show runner had gotten ridiculous in their treatment of Lenny, gone way too far, because Lenny had hinted at kids in their future throughout the series, so her suddenly not wanting them made absolutely no sense.  I sometimes think that when the writers didn’t know what to write about in the show, their go to idea was to screw with Lenny.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

I sometimes think that when the writers didn’t know what to write about in the show, their go to idea was to screw with Lenny.

I agree. That was their go to plan! I think they should have cut the kitchen island bar in half and gave a half each to Johnny and Kaley since they spent so much time there the last few years. Especially after they got married!

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 8:40 AM, bfm said:

Just noting there was a quoting error, the post you quoted was made by veejay

I swear, I don't know how that happened.

15 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Not your fault, just a technical error :)

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

No worries, it happens to everybody.¬†¬†ūüėä