The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Wait for the premeire LOL

12×01 - Lenny are like the Fowlers 

12×02 - Shamy are "the good kind" of a married couple, not like the Fowlers.

And these will be on the same week.

Yay.

I hope the episodes written knowing it is the last season will be better for Lenny.

Can't wait to see what they come up with!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 9:01 AM, chucky said:

Can't wait to see what they come up with!

I sure hope it is some meaningful storylines. Just read an article about possible other spin-offs. They seem to discount a spin-off following Penny and Leonard. They wrote: "Since their wedding a few seasons ago the show's principal couple has been noticeably cast aside with little actual progress in their married life. At one point, they even acknowledged this problem, but that still didn't give them any concrete narrative moving forward. And that may be an issue in a spin-off. The couple's relationship is so stereotypical and has been overdone that it is difficult to find a new angle strong enough for a separate show".  Guess more than us fans recognize the imbalance in their characters with Sheldon/Shamy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Koala Face 1

7 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I sure hope it is some meaningful storylines. Just read an article about possible other spin-offs. They seem to discount a spin-off following Penny and Leonard. They wrote: "Since their wedding a few seasons ago the show's principal couple has been noticeably cast aside with little actual progress in their married life. At one point, they even acknowledged this problem, but that still didn't give them any concrete narrative moving forward. And that may be an issue in a spin-off. The couple's relationship is so stereotypical and has been overdone that it is difficult to find a new angle strong enough for a separate show".  Guess more than us fans recognize the imbalance in their characters with Sheldon/Shamy.

It's a shame, because they used to have fun, playfull, not stereotypical dialogue, especially in seasons 5-6.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

I'm sure if they found a better set of writers focused solely on a Lenny SitCom. some nice story lines could be discovered. No Sheldon/shamy. Had enough of that over the years.

42 minutes ago, bfm said:

It's a shame, because they used to have fun, playfull, not stereotypical dialogue, especially in seasons 5-6.

Basically this set of writers are focused on shamy and give Lenny the table scraps of the scripts!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chucky said:

I'm sure if they found a better set of writers focused solely on a Lenny SitCom. some nice story lines could be discovered. No Sheldon/shamy. Had enough of that over the years.

Nah they already don’t write about them much so they would not have much interest in a sitcom or spinoff 

• Like 1
  • Run to India 2

A spin-off if Penny and Leonard would require some conflict such as Leonard working while taking care of the kid and Penny making it in movies

whioe Leonard is Department head.  Or Them moving to Nebraska or something.  It could be done.  I agree they are unlikely to do it.  

Assuming Jim is tired of playing Sheldon they could move the Hofstedtet’s to Texas to interact with sheldon’s Family and keep the tie in to You g Sheldon they love so much. With occasional visits from Sheldon and more From Amy they could make that work and make a more relationship show.  Anyway I expect the last season of TBBT to be bombarded with young Sheldon.

Edited by MsGreentea
  • Like 2
  • Run to India 1

A lenny spinoff will not work. TPTB and writers are not interested in any kind of story for lenny now and beyond S12. So yeah the glory days are all we lenny's can clinch onto.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

A lenny spinoff will not work. TPTB and writers are not interested in any kind of story for lenny now and beyond S12. So yeah the glory days are all we lenny's can clinch onto.

It would and could work. Bot I seriously doubt TPTB would even try.

Not with the current lot. Maybe if another network bought the rights, then maybe.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Not with the current lot. Maybe if another network bought the rights, then maybe.

Big maybe!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chucky said:

Them moving to Nebraska for Penny to run a horse ranch and Leonard working at the local university could a good story for them.  Mixing the two different plots, the horse ranch and the university, and the country life with Penny compared to the academic life of Leonard could create a lot of situations for a half hour show, more than the plots left for young Sheldon.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

Them moving to Nebraska for Penny to run a horse ranch and Leonard working at the local university could a good story for them.  Mixing the two different plots, the horse ranch and the university, and the country life with Penny compared to the academic life of Leonard could create a lot of situations for a half hour show, more than the plots left for young Sheldon.

A very interesting scenario indeed!  I like it

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

A very interesting scenario indeed!  I like it

Leonard could get an offer to head up the physics department at the University of Nebraska and Penny’s parents could want to retire and her take over the farm.  The whole first season could deal with Leonard trying to settle into a management job, being people’s boss, and Penny trying to turn a farm into a horse ranch while they both get use to living in Nebraska.  The could even hint that Howard and Bernadette moved to Houston, so Howard could work at NASA, and they can guest star once in a while.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SRAM said:

That could work nicely! Especially with no Sheldon or shamy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, chucky said:

Neither Kaley or Johnny would go for it in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Neither Kaley or Johnny would go for it in my opinion.

You never know with those two. They love working together. But TPTB won't even ask them. So your and my comments on this topic is pretty much mute!

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:51 AM, bfm said:

People are different and so they have different expectations, desires and things that work for them in a relationship. Of course I'm not supporting an uneven relationship, but if contracts help Sheldon, then as long as things are fine and fair to Amy so be it.

I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but this is Sheldon we're talking about. You know if he has devised such an agreement, it will NEVER be truly fair to Amy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Carlos said:

I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but this is Sheldon we're talking about. You know if he has devised such an agreement, it will NEVER be truly fair to Amy.

There's never been a Sheldon Cooper agreement that wasn't slanted in his favor. His agreements are all about and for him.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chucky said:

There's never been a Sheldon Cooper agreement that wasn't slanted in his favor. His agreements are all about and for him.

As long as Sheldon leaves our two heroes alone.

n_255.gif.2b9891b63f500839d7c58e6d38fc421f.gif

He'll write up a "Diaper agreement" followed by a "Breast feeding agreement" followed up by more and more agreements, or more likely he becomes a super-villain, builds a formidable robot army and becomes the main antagonist of "The Avengers 12". 😀

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, veejay said:

As long as Sheldon leaves our two heroes alone.

n_255.gif.2b9891b63f500839d7c58e6d38fc421f.gif

He'll write up a "Diaper agreement" followed by a "Breast feeding agreement" followed up by more and more agreements, or more likely he becomes a super-villain, builds a formidable robot army and becomes the main antagonist of "The Avengers 12". 😀

Nah, those will just be addendums to the original Marriage/Procreation Agreement! 

Plus he knows Penny will go all Nebraska on his ass if he tries to include them in his stupid agreements.

Edited by chucky

On 9/4/2018 at 9:15 AM, chucky said:

Plus he knows Penny will go all Nebraska on his ass if he tries to include them in his stupid agreements.

Altho Penny was said to "go all Nebraska" and similar, in fact she has put up with far too much disgusting behaviour from other characters without lashing out. Only Howard ever got the deserved treatment. I would have liked to see her GAN on Raj and on Amy on various occasions. It's a part of KC's range we should see more of.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Altho Penny was said to "go all Nebraska" and similar, in fact she has put up with far too much disgusting behaviour from other characters without lashing out. Only Howard ever got the deserved treatment. I would have liked to see her GAN on Raj and on Amy on various occasions. It's a part of KC's range we should see more of.

As for Sheldon, he's scared of what she can do with those Nebraska man hands!

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 5:30 PM, chucky said:

You never know with those two. They love working together. But TPTB won't even ask them. So your and my comments on this topic is pretty much mute!

If they were to create a spin-off  with Penny and Leonard using completely different producers and writers would they have to get sanctioned from Lorre & Prady as they created those characters. And this might not be out of the realm of possibility as  both Kaley and Johnny have their own production companies  But with all that said this is still a big IF.

• Like 1