[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

15 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

I can actually live with the one off cheating bullshit more than the long running stupidity of the “he wore her down” line which yet again rears its ugly head in the next episode.

As unrealistic and out of nowhere as it was, and as cruel it was to even have it as a Lenny plot, they at least dropped in a couple of hints in 6.24 and 7.01 that were seen as stupid one liners at the time but were made prophetic by the jerk writers two seasons later.
“Leonard: Yeah. And I’m a little worried because things between us have been so great, and I’d hate to do anything that screws that up.
Penny: Oh, sweetie, if you’re gonna screw things up, it’s gonna be while you’re here, not while you’re away.”

“Penny: This is ridiculous. Why am I upset just because he’s off having a good time?

Sheldon: Well, perhaps you’re obsessively picturing him engaged in drunken coitus with another woman. Is that it? Did I get it right?”

They also set up Leonard as a slave to hormones with Plimpton and Latham and open to cheating with the Alice character. Not that this in any way suggests I think this was a plausible plot. It just wasn’t. But at least there was something to work with.

The “wore her down” crap, on the other hand, is a contradiction of the sum of the show.

He knocked her back in Season 1 in the Halloween episode, just simply suggested the season 1 finale date which she quickly accepted. This after him having sex with Leslie to show he wasn’t begging to be with her.

He had another serious relationship with Leslie and then Stephanie to show Penny he wasn’t desperate to be her and then later lusts after Alicia. Penny is the one who makes the move in the shot lime neck kiss scene. Penny is the one hiding her feelings at the end of Season 2 and is the one who throws herself at him to start Season 3.

It’s Penny who is desperate to make the sexual relationship work in episode 2. During that season, Leonard holds firm on the guitarist, upsets her over psychics but she forgives and relents not the other way around. Her doubts end the relationship, which he accepts and moves on with Plimpton and then far more seriously with Priya in Season 4.

In Season 4, Leonard becomes very committed to Priya and it’s Penny portrayed as not being able to let go emotionally, hardly Leonard wearing her down as he’s coitusing Priya, unless moving on with your life is wearing someone down in the minds of the writers.

In Season 5, his first move is on Alice, not Penny, which he openly discusses with Penny. The non date at the movies is strong willed Leonard not desperate to be back with you Leonard. Yes Leonard makes the move to reignite the relationship but his bug list shows his willingness to criticise without fear of losing her. Now if premature proposals and ILYs is wearing someone down, fine but they were both rejected so nah.

Season 6 has more examples of Penny doubts rather than Leonard wearing her down and when she finally accepts her love for him that’s all her. Leonard takes all the pressure off in the Valentine episode and hands all responsibility for decisions on marriage to Penny which he sticks to til the end.

In 7, he knocks back the drunk proposal, criticises her decision making and even when she finally proposes seriously in 7.23, he still asks if she’s sure.

Pennys doubts continue into Season 8 and Leonard continues to put no pressure on. In the evil finale, it is again Penny who decides and even when the writers throw in the cheating BS, the opposite of wearing down, she decides she still wants to marry.

If anything, it was Penny who wore Leonard down! He just waited until she accepted what she knew in her heart for so long. And I thought it was finally put to bed with the Penny drunk video on top of two beautiful wedding speeches. But no, here we are in the final season, 3 years into the marriage and we still get the “wore her down” line. Poor writing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a brilliant analysis!

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can actually live with the one off cheating bullshit more than the long running stupidity of the “he wore her down” line which yet again rears its ugly head in the next episode. As unrealistic and

It was about a year ago at this time and I just finished watching 11.24. The Shamy wedding. It was wonderful and marvelous. A really amazing television wedding. It was then that I told myself yes. The

The comparison between the Fowlers and Lenny was over the top and so was the shoe horned set up line from Bernadette. Not that I share everyone’s disgust for the accusation of them having nothing in c

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

I can actually live with the one off cheating bullshit more than the long running stupidity of the “he wore her down” line which yet again rears its ugly head in the next episode.

As unrealistic and out of nowhere as it was, and as cruel it was to even have it as a Lenny plot, they at least dropped in a couple of hints in 6.24 and 7.01 that were seen as stupid one liners at the time but were made prophetic by the jerk writers two seasons later.
“Leonard: Yeah. And I’m a little worried because things between us have been so great, and I’d hate to do anything that screws that up.
Penny: Oh, sweetie, if you’re gonna screw things up, it’s gonna be while you’re here, not while you’re away.”

“Penny: This is ridiculous. Why am I upset just because he’s off having a good time?

Sheldon: Well, perhaps you’re obsessively picturing him engaged in drunken coitus with another woman. Is that it? Did I get it right?”

They also set up Leonard as a slave to hormones with Plimpton and Latham and open to cheating with the Alice character. Not that this in any way suggests I think this was a plausible plot. It just wasn’t. But at least there was something to work with.

The “wore her down” crap, on the other hand, is a contradiction of the sum of the show.

He knocked her back in Season 1 in the Halloween episode, just simply suggested the season 1 finale date which she quickly accepted. This after him having sex with Leslie to show he wasn’t begging to be with her.

He had another serious relationship with Leslie and then Stephanie to show Penny he wasn’t desperate to be her and then later lusts after Alicia. Penny is the one who makes the move in the shot lime neck kiss scene. Penny is the one hiding her feelings at the end of Season 2 and is the one who throws herself at him to start Season 3.

It’s Penny who is desperate to make the sexual relationship work in episode 2. During that season, Leonard holds firm on the guitarist, upsets her over psychics but she forgives and relents not the other way around. Her doubts end the relationship, which he accepts and moves on with Plimpton and then far more seriously with Priya in Season 4.

In Season 4, Leonard becomes very committed to Priya and it’s Penny portrayed as not being able to let go emotionally, hardly Leonard wearing her down as he’s coitusing Priya, unless moving on with your life is wearing someone down in the minds of the writers.

In Season 5, his first move is on Alice, not Penny, which he openly discusses with Penny. The non date at the movies is strong willed Leonard not desperate to be back with you Leonard. Yes Leonard makes the move to reignite the relationship but his bug list shows his willingness to criticise without fear of losing her. Now if premature proposals and ILYs is wearing someone down, fine but they were both rejected so nah.

Season 6 has more examples of Penny doubts rather than Leonard wearing her down and when she finally accepts her love for him that’s all her. Leonard takes all the pressure off in the Valentine episode and hands all responsibility for decisions on marriage to Penny which he sticks to til the end.

In 7, he knocks back the drunk proposal, criticises her decision making and even when she finally proposes seriously in 7.23, he still asks if she’s sure.

Pennys doubts continue into Season 8 and Leonard continues to put no pressure on. In the evil finale, it is again Penny who decides and even when the writers throw in the cheating BS, the opposite of wearing down, she decides she still wants to marry.

If anything, it was Penny who wore Leonard down! He just waited until she accepted what she knew in her heart for so long. And I thought it was finally put to bed with the Penny drunk video on top of two beautiful wedding speeches. But no, here we are in the final season, 3 years into the marriage and we still get the “wore her down” line. Poor writing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just wish I was this eloquent! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, veejay said:

Come on. You are still you! That's all that matters.

ow_115.gif.f4247b807f8a0d32d4a91698553dcc3f.gif

There are still times I want to be better. I know to some I can be annoying, I'm good with that! To be a more eloquent writer would be nice! 8)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chucky said:

There are still times I want to be better. I know to some I can be annoying, I'm good with that! To be a more eloquent writer would be nice! 8)

Oops, I deleted my posting too late - Damn, there was an ocean-wide time shift playing the game -. I was a little too hasty with my thoughts. Anyway, stay as you are! :shy:

Edited by veejay

1 minute ago, veejay said:

Oops, I deleted my posting too late. I was a little too hasty with my thoughts. Anyway, stay as you are! :shy:

Probably have to, too old of a dog to be taught new tricks. 😊

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, veejay said:

Oops, I deleted my posting too late - Damn, there was an ocean-wide time shift playing the game -. I was a little too hasty with my thoughts. Anyway, stay as you are! :shy:

Don't feel bad, it is always nice looking at a gif with Penny.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

Oh, my Chef. What would I be without your encouragement!? :shy:

ow_151.gif.9742c2ad521fa74fe767333bcc20bf34.gif

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, veejay said:

Oh, my Chef. What would I be without your encouragement!? :shy:

ow_151.gif.9742c2ad521fa74fe767333bcc20bf34.gif

Penny even looks good in this condition.

45 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

So true!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chucky said:

Hey chucky you get your point across as well as anybody on this forum.  Just keep saying it like it is

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2018 at 5:37 PM, Itwasdestined said:

In Season 5, his first move is on Alice, not Penny, which he openly discusses with Penny. The non date at the movies is strong willed Leonard not desperate to be back with you Leonard. 

If I recall correctly it was Penny who asked Leonard on the non-date which only strengthens your point.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Cereal Apist said:

If I recall correctly it was Penny who asked Leonard on the non-date which only strengthens your point.

Too bad he spoiled it in the end of the episode.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Well that was an interesting episode, who said this season couldn’t get worse.

I totally disagree. Leonard didn’t buckle to Penny. This proved nothing about then not having children.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

I totally disagree. Leonard didn’t buckle to Penny. This proved nothing about then not having children.

Yeah I Think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion. They just had a rational discussion about kids. Both parties held their own. I Don't think this signals anything regarding the certanity of them having kids. Anymore than it did in S9. I don't think S12 so far has been great or average. It has been somewhere in between. ITs only just started. So its too soon to say if this season is getting worser or not. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Well that was an interesting episode, who said this season couldn’t get worse.

Just my personal opinion but I think Leonard was a complete shit for calling Wyatt when he and Penny had not discussed the topic further.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Just my personal opinion but I think Leonard was a complete shit for calling Wyatt when he and Penny had not discussed the topic further.

Well Penny was a complete shit for telling Leonard she didn’t want kids. She could of asked Leonard what he thought about having kids. She had used Beverly in the past to get even with Leonard

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Well Penny was a complete shit for telling Leonard she didn’t want kids. She could of asked Leonard what he thought about having kids. She had used Beverly in the past to get even with Leonard

Okay, so they were both wrong, but I think it would have been more Leonard's style to try to talk to her again before resorting to that. Feel free to disagree. But the loft comment gave me a hint of where it was going,.

• Like 1

Penny should have a least told Leonard before they got married that she didn't want kids. Personally I think that was shitty on her part

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Leonard Cupid 1

15 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Penny should have a least told Leonard before they got married that she didn't want kids. Personally I think that was shitty on her part

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tbf neither party had time to discuss goals in their marriage and their future. Based on the fact they got spontaneously married. Also Penny’s always been a very free spirited, spontaneous person. Not a plan things out kinda person. That’s more Leonard. All their milestones have been spontaneous. First Date, first time they slept together. Even their wedding was a Vegas quickie. Maybe if they talked about these things. But that’s not Leonard and Penny.

I have no problem with Leonard ringing Wyatt. He’s his father in law. And seeing he really has no real father figure in his life. I know we saw Alfred. But limited. So I think he was just looking for reassurance.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1