Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Mario D. said:

Yes this divorce crap really is getting old. If tptb do twist this up at the end and have them divorce I will definitely shoot my television and then send off 100 emails to Chuck Lorre & company to vent my frustration!

Oh-my-God, another George Cooper Sr.! Love it!  :sungum:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

And TBH i don't think its fair nor accurate to place all accountability for the problems in their marriage on Penny. Shes always portrayed as the bad wolf. And poor Leonard. But he contributes just as much to their mundane lives. He should get off his backside too and show some interest in his wife's hobbies. They both should. 

Totally accurate statement. 100% agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, chucky said:

Totally accurate statement. 100% agree!

I  watched back the episode. And when Penny said shut up. It was in reference to  their banter over How many floors their are on the Apt. And Leonard’s like. So three right? And Penny’s like shut up.. It was fun and light hearted. So I think the tone between them is fine. 

Edited by 3ku11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I didn't like the "shut up".  I don't think she should have said it.  Leonard politely explained what the situation was,  and she blew him off.  Not good.  

I don’t think she blew him off. The tone wasent snarky. She seemed out of breath, and was like shut up. In a sarcastic kinda way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, 3ku11 said:

I don’t think she blew him off. The tone wasent snarky. She seemed out of breath, and was like shut up. In a sarcastic kinda way 

That’s fine, you can think that, like I’m allowed to think he blew him off. If she had said thanks, then it wouldn’t have been blowing him off, otherwise that’s how I see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

I didn't like the "shut up".  I don't think she should have said it.  Leonard politely explained what the situation was,  and she blew him off.  Not good.  

That's how I see it, too. But that's exactly what Lenny has been drawing for a long time now. Hardly more profound dialogues. Mostly some supposedly funny punch lines, *haha. Character development on lowest level and almost free for far fetched interpretations. *Hooray!

n_528.gif.713e3b87dee5959ac7c18fb4937955ac.gif

Edited by veejay
*marked as sarcasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, veejay said:

That's how I see it, too. But that's exactly what Lenny has been drawing for a long time now. Hardly more profound dialogues. Mostly some supposedly funny punch lines

Sadly, that's how I see it as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That "shut up" didn't bother me much because I took it as "I'm wrong, don't rub it in" and I think for Leonard it was mostly just amusing. What I didn't like is that before that Penny had an air of being trerribly bored and not wanting anything to do with Leonard and wanting him to not bother her. If the tone of her snarky comment on his joke was somewhat different and her body language as a whole was different I think the "shut up" would've been better recieved as well. 

The writers keep telling us that they're happy but they don't seem to be. Not that they look miserable, and they do have cute moments, but to me they mostly feel bored, disillusioned, unfulfilled. 

I'd say that if the writers want to portray a happy childless (by choice) couple they are doing a very lousy job. Childless (by choice) couples should not be happy with this representation, IMO. Then again, I have no idea what these writers are trying to do and I'm so tired of trying to understand it.

Edited by bfm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, bfm said:

That "shut up" didn't bother me much because I took it as "I'm wrong, don't rub it in" and I think for Leonard it was mostly just amusing. What I didn't like is that before that Penny had an air of being trerribly bored and not wanting anything to do with Leonard and wanting him to not bother her. If the tone of her snarky comment on his joke was somewhat different and her body language as a whole was different I think the "shut up" would've been better recieved as well. 

The writers keep telling us that they're happy but they don't seem to be. Not that they look miserable, and they do have cute moments, but to me they mostly feel bored, disillusioned, unfulfilled. 

I'd say that if the writers want to portray a happy childless (by choice) couple they are doing a very lousy job. Childless (by choice) couples should not be happy with this representation, IMO. Then again, I have no idea what these writers are trying to do and I'm so tired of trying to understand it.

I totally agree with you @bfm . The writers aren't doing a very good job with season 12 so far in my humble opinion.

Edited by Swedish Chef

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, bfm said:

That "shut up" didn't bother me much because I took it as "I'm wrong, don't rub it in" and I think for Leonard it was mostly just amusing. What I didn't like is that before that Penny had an air of being trerribly bored and not wanting anything to do with Leonard and wanting him to not bother her. If the tone of her snarky comment on his joke was somewhat different and her body language as a whole was different I think the "shut up" would've been better recieved as well. 

The writers keep telling us that they're happy but they don't seem to be. Not that they look miserable, and they do have cute moments, but to me they mostly feel bored, disillusioned, unfulfilled. 

I'd say that if the writers want to portray a happy childless (by choice) couple they are doing a very lousy job. Childless (by choice) couples should not be happy with this representation, IMO. Then again, I have no idea what these writers are trying to do and I'm so tired of trying to understand it.

screwthat.gif.c2e43376a45c6af0973140c54d0e2744.gif

😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I'd say that if the writers want to portray a happy childless (by choice) couple they are doing a very lousy job. Childless (by choice) couples should not be happy with this representation, IMO. Then again, I have no idea what these writers are trying to do and I'm so tired of trying to understand it.

I agree with you, but to tell the truth, I've given up trying understand those "people". They seem to think that only shamy should be happy and the rest get the table scraps.

1 hour ago, Swedish Chef said:

I totally agree with you @bfm . The writers aren't doing a very good job with season 12 so far in my humble opinion.

Similar minds think alike. Season 12 has been a dud so far. But, I am looking forward to The Halloween Episode Thursday Night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/21/2018 at 4:35 PM, bfm said:

That "shut up" didn't bother me much because I took it as "I'm wrong, don't rub it in" and I think for Leonard it was mostly just amusing. What I didn't like is that before that Penny had an air of being trerribly bored and not wanting anything to do with Leonard and wanting him to not bother her. If the tone of her snarky comment on his joke was somewhat different and her body language as a whole was different I think the "shut up" would've been better recieved as well. 

The writers keep telling us that they're happy but they don't seem to be. Not that they look miserable, and they do have cute moments, but to me they mostly feel bored, disillusioned, unfulfilled. 

I'd say that if the writers want to portray a happy childless (by choice) couple they are doing a very lousy job. Childless (by choice) couples should not be happy with this representation, IMO. Then again, I have no idea what these writers are trying to do and I'm so tired of trying to understand it.

Well said, i think the writers seemed to think that the way they write Lenny is entertaining. But it rarely comes off that way most of it comes off being not funny. It doesn't help when what they write and how the audience perceives it doesn't mesh. Look at the second half of season ten for example. Alot of fans and even tv critics thought they where heading for a split. But the showrunners didn't see it that way  they just thought is was funny and normal married stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Well said, i think the writers seemed to think that the way they write Lenny is entertaining. But it rarely comes off that way most of it comes off being not funny. It doesn't help when what they write and how the audience perceives it doesn't mesh. Look at the second half of season ten for example. Alot of fans and even tv critics thought they where heading for a split. But the showrunners didn't see it that way  they just thought is was funny and normal married stuff. 

Me thinks the writers are "abnormal" married folks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:38 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Some fans saw Lenny as the point of the show from the start. i do not believe the writers or showrunners ever saw them as the point of the show. Not for one minute have I ever believed that.

And I believe you're wrong. I think in the beginning they were. That being said I wouldn't mind if they're not. I would only hope that they would be written as they were up to S6. That's all. I think that now a days Lenny sucks. No, not because they don't have them do what I want them to, but because they are not written as well as they were written before.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:03 PM, bfm said:

I stand corrected 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/big-bang-theory-how-cbs-comedy-is-plotting-endgame-1146382

He said "not just fan service". But he also said "surprising", so...

You did see that Holland mentions doing something with Iain Armitage (the kid who plays young Sheldon)? (Uuuuughhhhh)

Also when asked it the ending will come full circle from the pilot or not he implies it wont. (Super uuuuuuggggghhhhh)

Edited by Carlos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Some seasons have swung more one way and some in other ways. I don't care who gets the most time as long as what's up on the screen is funny., They need to remember it's a comedy,

 

 

I agree. Though the last 3-4 seasons haven't really been funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Carlos said:

This one picture makes me remember when the show was funny. That was a nice feeling...

Yeah, maybe the writers and Holland need to watch Seasons 1-6 and learn what comedy truly is and they will be amazed at the difference!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Yeah, maybe the writers and Holland need to watch Seasons 1-6 and learn what comedy truly is and they will be amazed at the difference!

TBF they have at times tried to replicate older episodes in style. But it has just turned out into Repeated Cannon. Alot of the episodes around S9-S11. You could argue you could place in any Season 6 episode. I dont think the problem is that the shows not like it was In S1-6. More lack of originality, or any real creative choices. In regards to Storytelling. The writing Since Season 9 has been very safe and Dull. I hope as it is the final season. The TPTB well take far more risks. 

Edited by 3ku11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

TBF they have at times tried to replicate older episodes in style. But it has just turned out into Repeated Cannon. A lot of the episodes around S9 - S11. You could argue you could place in any Season 6 episode. I don' t think the problem is that the shows not like it was In S1-6. More lack of originality, or any real creative choices. In regards to Storytelling. The writing Since Season 9 has been very safe and Dull. I hope as it is the final season. The TPTB well take far more risks. 

I didn't mean for them to try to remake or copy, but to just see what true comedy really looks like. That way they may see how bad their style of comedy has been!

46 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

When Penny said shut up I thought she said it rudely. As for the show being funny it has not been very funny at all for several seasons.

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Unfortunately that seems like along time ago.

Yes, it does, yes it does.

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

When Penny said shut up I thought she said it rudely. As for the show being funny it has not been very funny at all for several seasons.

To me it just sounded like she was out of breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.