Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bfm said:

 

But I would prefer a place that isn't Nebraska, I'm just afraid the "lame Leonard messing up" card will be overplayed in such case.

I agree about the danger of lame Leonard. That's why I said a necessary condition would be that L should successfully learn to ride a horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

It's true that what has mainly lowered the quality of TBBT is Shamy scenes.  But this requires Amy, obvs. Sheldon without Amy is usually fine. Making Shamy a romantic couple has reduced the quality of S as a character IMO. We have seen too much A without S, eg her implausible  dating when S & A were broken up, her intrusion in 4A and even scenes with L.

I disagree. While I do think Shamy can be too sacharinne at times and that there is just too much of them, as there is of Sheldon (though so far this season it's a bit better IMO), I don't have a problem with them as a couple in general and I definitely don't have a problem with Amy without Sheldon. I know you do, but I wanted to make clear that that wasn't what I was implying in my comment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what Johnny Galecki thinks about possible spin offs

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/why-the-big-bang-theory-stars-are-conflicted-about-shows-end/news-story/308bd08413de98bc46081706c0dcd35c

"There were rumours of a Big Bang spin-off without Parsons — which Galecki emphatically denies: “Oh, absolutely not. The show could not continue without Jim.”

The same could surely be said about Roseanne, Galecki’s other regular gig, which spawned The Connors after its titular star was fired.

“They are very different situations,” he reasons, “but I can tell you that no one has any interest (in a Big Bang Theory spin-off).”

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bfm said:

Sorry, but Penny could never ever get a part on Broadway... 

That was just a thought of a reason for them moving from Pasadena! As far as not getting a part there, you never know. No one knows what's in the minds of the writers, not even them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

That's what Johnny Galecki thinks about possible spin offs

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/why-the-big-bang-theory-stars-are-conflicted-about-shows-end/news-story/308bd08413de98bc46081706c0dcd35c

"There were rumours of a Big Bang spin-off without Parsons — which Galecki emphatically denies: “Oh, absolutely not. The show could not continue without Jim.”

The same could surely be said about Roseanne, Galecki’s other regular gig, which spawned The Connors after its titular star was fired.

“They are very different situations,” he reasons, “but I can tell you that no one has any interest (in a Big Bang Theory spin-off).”

He probably means the current show could not continue without Jim. He's right about that, maybe. A spin off about Lenny wouldn't need Jim/Sheldon at all. He enjoys working with Kaley, so you never know!

6 minutes ago, chucky said:

“but I can tell you that no one has any interest (in a Big Bang Theory spin-off).”

We know he's wrong there as Kaley has expressed an interest and Chuck Lorre hasn't shot down the idea! I think that was a comment made at the heat of the moment right after learning of the ending of the show. You can never know for sure!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new show focussed on Lenny in a new setting and without the rest of the gang seems like a wishful dream for Lennies. But consider: when MB joined the cast she apparently brought a personal following who didn't much care for the then setup where Lenny were the only romantic couple and KC was the undisputed leading lady. A setup where Amy was the romantic heroine and Shamy were the romantic focus must then have seemed like a wishful dream to them. And now they've got it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

A setup where Amy was the romantic heroine and Shamy were the romantic focus must then have seemed like a wishful dream to them. And now they've got it.

Yeah, but in a few months that dream ends except in reruns!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the metro article it reinforces that Johnny is not interested in a spin off and there will be no baby for Lenny neither of which surprises me since I've had that gut feeling since the end of the show was announced.
https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/19/jim-parsons-compares-ending-of-the-big-bang-theory-to-putting-down-a-dog-8154705/

 

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Yeah, but in a few months that dream ends except in reruns!


Everything ends for all the fans in a few months, no matter what aspect of the show they like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

That's what Johnny Galecki thinks about possible spin offs

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/why-the-big-bang-theory-stars-are-conflicted-about-shows-end/news-story/308bd08413de98bc46081706c0dcd35c

"There were rumours of a Big Bang spin-off without Parsons — which Galecki emphatically denies: “Oh, absolutely not. The show could not continue without Jim.”

The same could surely be said about Roseanne, Galecki’s other regular gig, which spawned The Connors after its titular star was fired.

“They are very different situations,” he reasons, “but I can tell you that no one has any interest (in a Big Bang Theory spin-off).”

That's what I meant when I said he said there was no interest in a Jim-less spin-off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

In the metro article it reinforces that Johnny is not interested in a spin off and there will be no baby for Lenny neither of which surprises me since I've had that gut feeling since the end of the show was announced.
https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/19/jim-parsons-compares-ending-of-the-big-bang-theory-to-putting-down-a-dog-8154705/

 


Everything ends for all the fans in a few months, no matter what aspect of the show they like.

True, but there's a possibility, however slight, for a Lenny spin off, but definitely not Shamy! 

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

That's what I meant when I said he said there was no interest in a Jim-less spin-off.

Maybe, maybe not. The end of that story hasn't been written yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chucky said:

That was just a thought of a reason for them moving from Pasadena! As far as not getting a part there, you never know. No one knows what's in the minds of the writers, not even them!

She is highly unqualified for Broadway. A theater, TV or movie role somewhere maybe, although I don't think she will ever return to acting. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

She is highly unqualified for Broadway. A theater, TV or movie role somewhere maybe, although I don't think she will ever return to acting. 

Who knows, you maybe right! But I really don't care, that was just an amusing thought by me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

In the metro article it reinforces that Johnny is not interested in a spin off and there will be no baby for Lenny neither of which surprises me since I've had that gut feeling since the end of the show was announced.
https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/19/jim-parsons-compares-ending-of-the-big-bang-theory-to-putting-down-a-dog-8154705/

 


Everything ends for all the fans in a few months, no matter what aspect of the show they like.

All this is speculation  No one knows how it will end.  I have read just in the past two weeks Kaley's interviews where she does not think there will be a pregnancy or wishes that the writers change their minds for Penny to get pregnant because it is what the fans are hoping for.   IDK, but my gut feeling is that Penny may announce she is pregnant in the last or next to last episode.

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

All this is speculation  No one knows how it will end.  I have read just in the past two weeks Kaley's interviews where she does not think there will be a pregnancy or wishes that the writers change their minds for Penny to get pregnant because it is what the fans are hoping for.   IDK, but my gut feeling is that Penny may announce she is pregnant in the last or next to last episode.

That's the scenario I wouldn't deny.

n_596.gif.885a1663ef5df3bc7eae274f82075f52.gif

See! :pleasantry:

  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bfm said:

She is highly unqualified for Broadway. A theater, TV or movie role somewhere maybe, although I don't think she will ever return to acting. 

That's not necessarily true. If a producer (different function on Broadway, than in movies and TV.  On broadway, they help finance the show and big producers tend to have people they want in a show, get in a show.)  took an interest in her, she could be part of a Broadway show.  Or, she could get a part in an original production in a theatre such as La Jolla, then just travel with it and if it makes it to broadway, go with it.  My daughter has been in two musicals, here in Florida, that started at the La Jolla playhouse, came here for a try out, and then moved on to Broadway.  While most of those, who started with the shows in La Jolla went with it to Broadway, my daughter was asked to come to New York to audition for the part she played here.   Straight ability doesn't always have something to do with getting into a show, and even so, Penny seems not to have had any trouble with Blanche's monologue in "Streetcar" and she is a SAG member (although probably lapsed at this time).  

Now, having said all that, while, as depicted, it seems she would be able to handle being on Broadway, I don't think her chances are all that good.  First, she would probably have to have some patron, in New York, to take an interest in her to get her into a show, or she would have to get to La Jolla (in San Diego, or much less likely, Steppenwolf in Chicago) to audition, get picked for a role and then just ride it to Broadway (and hope a big time producer in New York didn't have anyone else in mind for  the play).  Any one of which is very unlikely. 

But, you're right, as for the rest.   I don't think she'll be returning to acting either, and if she did, she would more than likely end up in Screen roles, rather than theatre roles.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Tensor said:

That's not necessarily true. If a producer (different function on Broadway, than in movies and TV.  On broadway, they help finance the show and big producers tend to have people they want in a show, get in a show.)  took an interest in her, she could be part of a Broadway show.  Or, she could get a part in an original production in a theatre such as La Jolla, then just travel with it and if it makes it to broadway, go with it.  My daughter has been in two musicals, here in Florida, that started at the La Jolla playhouse, came here for a try out, and then moved on to Broadway.  While most of those, who started with the shows in La Jolla went with it to Broadway, my daughter was asked to come to New York to audition for the part she played here.   Straight ability doesn't always have something to do with getting into a show, and even so, Penny seems not to have had any trouble with Blanche's monologue in "Streetcar" and she is a SAG member (although probably lapsed at this time).  

Now, having said all that, while, as depicted, it seems she would be able to handle being on Broadway, I don't think her chances are all that good.  First, she would probably have to have some patron, in New York, to take an interest in her to get her into a show, or she would have to get to La Jolla (in San Diego, or much less likely, Steppenwolf in Chicago) to audition, get picked for a role and then just ride it to Broadway (and hope a big time producer in New York didn't have anyone else in mind for  the play).  Any one of which is very unlikely. 

But, you're right, as for the rest.   I don't think she'll be returning to acting either, and if she did, she would more than likely end up in Screen roles, rather than theatre roles.  

Most Broadway productions are musicals. Penny either can't sing (if you go by that episode where she understudied for Mimi in season 1) or sings at Kaley Cuoco's level, which is okay-ish, but far far from Broadway level. As for plays, your second paragraph applies. She would need a producer to really really like her and she would need to be at a high professional level.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, as I sit here and read the forum, I can't help but laugh at all the ink my two simple posts have generated. The simple use of the word "wallah" and my musing of Penny getting a shot at a Broadway Play as a basis of a spin off show. The responses have been hilarious. It'll be a sitcom! The producers and writers will go with what they want to go with. Whether Penny deserves or is talented enough isn't the question. I strongly agree with Tensor and bfm. But, in the long run, what we think don't matter, it's what TPTB want to do. That Broadway stuff was just an example of what they could do not would do. I know that English teachers and specialists are cringing at my poor use of the English language, but that's the redneck in me. 😊

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2018 at 3:38 PM, chucky said:

You know, as I sit here and read the forum, I can't help but laugh at all the ink my two simple posts have generated. The simple use of the word "wallah" and my musing of Penny getting a shot at a Broadway Play as a basis of a spin off show. The responses have been hilarious. It'll be a sitcom! The producers and writers will go with what they want to go with. Whether Penny deserves or is talented enough isn't the question. I strongly agree with Tensor and bfm. But, in the long run, what we think don't matter, it's what TPTB want to do. That Broadway stuff was just an example of what they could do not would do. I know that English teachers and specialists are cringing at my poor use of the English language, but that's the redneck in me. 😊

I know we do not have a TR for this last episode that was taped on Tuesday, Nov. 20. But if the blurb is correct that the episode (no. 10) is a good one for Shamy that makes by my count seven of the 10 episodes were Sheldon/Shamy centric.  Yes, this season is EPIC indeed. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2018 at 8:30 AM, bfm said:

he reasons, “but I can tell you that no one has any interest (in a Big Bang Theory spin-off).”

These words seem a bit off they must of been reworded to sound like galecki does not care as much 

the original was probably similar to this “well I have not heard anyone say they would like to do a spinoff”

Edited by Burberry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I know we do not have a TR for this last episode that was taped on Tuesday, Nov. 20. But if the blurb is correct that the episode (no. 10) is a good one for Shamy that makes by my count seven of the 10 episodes were Sheldon/Shamy centric.  Yes, this season is EPIC indeed. 

Epic as in the continuation of the Sheldon Cooper show!

1 hour ago, Burberry said:

These words seem a bit off they must of been reworded to sound like galecki does not care as much 

the original was probably similar to this “well I have not heard anyone say they would like to do a spinoff”

The only one asked was Johnny and that was right after the announcement of the ending of the show. Kaley has stated she would like to continue playing Penny! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, chucky said:

The only one asked was Johnny and that was right after the announcement of the ending of the show. Kaley has stated she would like to continue playing Penny! 

I think the newer quotes are from later events. Many media outlets released articles with these quotes at about the same time, which was a short time ago (about a week or two).

Edited by bfm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I know we do not have a TR for this last episode that was taped on Tuesday, Nov. 20. But if the blurb is correct that the episode (no. 10) is a good one for Shamy that makes by my count seven of the 10 episodes were Sheldon/Shamy centric.  Yes, this season is EPIC indeed. 

Actually to me it's eight that have been Sheldon/Shamy centric ,  only episodes 3 and 7 haven't been, but this of course is just how I see it. My bigger issue is that episode 10 is apparently the last episode before the holiday hiatus, correct me if i'm wrong but this will be the first time they've only shown 10 episodes before the holidays. And if it's true i'm disappointed as I was hoping we'd get a Christmas episode in this final season although there hasn't being a TR for the episode so it could very well be a Christmas episode. My bigger disappointment is that unfortunately we aren't going to ever see a Penny birthday episode which I think is just wrong.

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Lenny spin off? Interesting, never thought about that. I keep my fingers crossed for all Lennys who wish for it.

As for a Shamy spin off - even as a Shamy I‘m not sad there won‘t be one. We got everything we ever dreamed of and more.  And by asking for even more all the time we might end up like the fisherman‘s wife in the fairy tale. 😉

Have a great weekend guys, and spend some quality time with the people you love if you have a chance to. 😊

  • Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Actually to me it's eight that have been Sheldon/Shamy centric ,  only episodes 3 and 7 haven't been, but this of course is just how I see it. My bigger issue is that episode 10 is apparently the last episode before the holiday hiatus, correct me if i'm wrong but this will be the first time they've only shown 10 episodes before the holidays. And if it's true i'm disappointed as I was hoping we'd get a Christmas episode in this final season although there hasn't being a TR for the episode so it could very well be a Christmas episode. My bigger disappointment is that unfortunately we aren't going to ever see a Penny birthday episode which I think is just wrong.

I have to agree with you. I had hoped to be able to celebrate our mutual birthday with her one last time in a suitable way, damn it! 🤧

n_326.gif.c56d3ded227601e48b0d2b9c4932c805.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bfm said:

I think the newer quotes are from later events. Many media outlets released articles with these quotes at about the same time, which was not a short time ago (about a week or two).

If you say so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.