Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/7/2018 at 7:39 AM, TBBT78 said:

Ok so I just watched the Consummation Deviation here in the uk. Is it just me or were there some major inconsistencies? Leonard tells Howard and raj first sex with Penny was awesome and yet as I recall they both agreed it was “not that great” “fine” and “okay” 


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that was when they came back from north pole and penny and leonard hadnt been together for 3 months, that was when they had the story line of the sex was 
Ok" or Just "fine"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MookiStar said:

that was when they came back from north pole and penny and leonard hadnt been together for 3 months, that was when they had the story line of the sex was 
Ok" or Just "fine"

That was the main discrepancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

They have always written Leonard & Penny as a turbulent pairing always having ups and downs, but after they got married writing them that way became harder. Which is why when they do write them like that now it comes across badly, which is why so many of us thought something bad was going to happen with the way they were written in the second half of season ten. It could also be why we don't get many storylines for them because they continue to write them that way and they know they can't do that all the time or fans will question what's going on between them.

The thing is aren’t writers suppose to be creative and since they are getting paid the big bucks, being at the top of their profession working on a top TV show, shouldn’t they be able to adapt to a changing story where the characters grow in the show, because it sure doesn’t sound like these writers can.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard would never tell Howard and Raj any kind of sex was just okay. He would have to tell them it was awesome. He's that kind of guy.
He tell tell them it was fine. I don't think he was bragging

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Leonard would never tell Howard and Raj any kind of sex was just okay. He would have to tell them it was awesome. He's that kind of guy.

This is flat out false.  In 3.02, he told Howard and Raj it was "just fine" and "wasn't great".  In the comic book store, after Howard, Raj, and Sheldon speculated that Leonard "got a floppy disk", was the following dialogue:

Leonard: Nothing like that happened, all right? The sex was just fine.

Raj: Just fine? Oh, dude, the fourth Harry Potter movie was just fine.

Leonard: I’m not saying it was bad, I’m just saying it… wasn’t great.

He did not say it was awesome, Leonard is not that kind of guy, 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Good point. It didn't occur to me there was a romance to follow with Lenny married at the end of it. Yes, perhaps the writers thought the same at first and  then were influenced by those fans who demanded a romance after the acting and chemistry came across to them.

I wasn't thinking so much of the pester-power of fans, but that in the early seasons maybe the programme-makers had the sense to see what a great thing they had in KC & JG and to run with it. Later they must have lost that sense, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

I wasn't thinking so much of the pester-power of fans, but that in the early seasons maybe the programme-makers had the sense to see what a great thing they had in KC & JG and to run with it. Later they must have lost that sense, of course.

Obviously, what a stupid mistake that was. I guess they never heard the adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, chucky said:

Obviously, what a stupid mistake that was. I guess they never heard the adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

L and P still look to me as though they have great chemistry. They're of the same mind pretty much and we don't see them quarrel. They speak lovingly to each other. They have similar senses of humour ( as in 'I'm not sharing my chicken' this week and 'the new neighbours are weird' last year ) and the same sense of compassion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

L and P still look to me as though they have great chemistry. They're of the same mind pretty much and we don't see them quarrel. They speak lovingly to each other. They have similar senses of humour ( as in 'I'm not sharing my chicken' this week and 'the new neighbours are weird' last year ) and the same sense of compassion.

Yes I can agree with that. To tell the truth it don't matter anymore. About 15 more episodes and thanks to Jim Parsons, there will be no new Sheldon Cooper Show episodes! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Tensor said:

This is flat out false.  In 3.02, he told Howard and Raj it was "just fine" and "wasn't great".  In the comic book store, after Howard, Raj, and Sheldon speculated that Leonard "got a floppy disk", was the following dialogue: 

Leonard: Nothing like that happened, all right? The sex was just fine.

Raj: Just fine? Oh, dude, the fourth Harry Potter movie was just fine.

Leonard: I’m not saying it was bad, I’m just saying it… wasn’t great.

He did not say it was awesome, Leonard is not that kind of guy, 

I'm saying I think he is that kind of guy and i think he would have said that and I'm at a loss as to why he didn't. He knew they would talk about him afterwards between themselves. If you disagree, that's fine. But I think he cared what they thought and that whole scene where he discussed it with him was off somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm saying I think he is that kind of guy and i think he would have said that and I'm at a loss as to why he didn't. He knew they would talk about him afterwards between themselves. If you disagree, that's fine. But I think he cared what they thought and that whole scene where he discussed it with him was off somehow.
I don't remember Leonard bragging about having sex with anyone

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm saying I think he is that kind of guy and i think he would have said that and I'm at a loss as to why he didn't. He knew they would talk about him afterwards between themselves. If you disagree, that's fine. But I think he cared what they thought and that whole scene where he discussed it with him was off somehow.

He was being honest, and he was more occupied with his feelings than with what his friends might say. I don't see Leonard as one to embellish things. He may have talked excitedly about some sexual stuff he did with Penny, but that was stuff he really enjoyed. Bragging about sex when the reality wasn't that great sounds more like Howard to me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm saying I think he is that kind of guy and i think he would have said that 

 

   I don't remember him saying sex with someone was awesome, when it wasn't.  On the other hand, we have specific evidence where he said is wasn't great, that refutes your point.  Do you have any evidence, other than a scene being "off" that supports your contention?  

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

 I'm at a loss as to why he didn't. 

Maybe, because, he show demonstrates he's not that kind of guy. 

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

If you disagree, that's fine. 

It's not just me, the show itself disagrees with you, with specific dialogue.  

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But I think he cared what they thought 

Even though the show demonstrates he didn't? 

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

 that whole scene where he discussed it with him was off somehow.

What specifically was off?  Or, is it off because it doesn't fit with what you expected?    

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, joyceraye said:

L and P still look to me as though they have great chemistry. They're of the same mind pretty much and we don't see them quarrel. They speak lovingly to each other. They have similar senses of humour ( as in 'I'm not sharing my chicken' this week and 'the new neighbours are weird' last year ) and the same sense of compassion.

Yes they have great chemistry still but my complaint is that they're not treated as the romantic leads anymore.  Instead a couple with zero chemistry is foregrounded.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Yes they have great chemistry still but my complaint is that they're not treated as the romantic leads anymore.  Instead a couple with zero chemistry is foregrounded.

Were they ever the official romantic leads ? At the time they were looking permanent, there were three other serious couples, including a married one.

For a couple in their fourth year I don't think Lenny look too bad at all.They're still firmly attracted to each other and Leonard,even when he was suffering from the shock of being told by Penny she wasn't going to let him be a father, made it a point to tell her how lucky he thought he was to have her. How much more romantic could it get at a time like that ? It was very loving of him, I thought.

And a day in a Batmobile wasn't going to make up for potential childlessness, but it did show that Penny, who has a tendency to throw Batgoods away, was still on his wavelength.

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Were they ever the official romantic leads ? At the time they were looking permanent, there were three other serious couples, including a married one.

For a couple in their fourth year I don't think Lenny look too bad at all.They're still firmly attracted to each other and Leonard,even when he was suffering from the shock of being told by Penny she wasn't going to let him be a father, made it a point to tell her how lucky he thought he was to have her. How much more romantic could it get at a time like that ? It was very loving of him, I thought.

And a day in a Batmobile wasn't going to make up for potential childlessness, but it did show that Penny, who has a tendency to throw Batgoods away, was still on his wavelength.

Ehhhh, alright.

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Were they ever the official romantic leads ? At the time they were looking permanent, there were three other serious couples, including a married one.

For a couple in their fourth year I don't think Lenny look too bad at all.They're still firmly attracted to each other and Leonard,even when he was suffering from the shock of being told by Penny she wasn't going to let him be a father, made it a point to tell her how lucky he thought he was to have her. How much more romantic could it get at a time like that ? It was very loving of him, I thought.

And a day in a Batmobile wasn't going to make up for potential childlessness, but it did show that Penny, who has a tendency to throw Batgoods away, was still on his wavelength.

Of course they're the official romantic leads. You are here not for nothing in an official (Dark) Lenny thread. 😉

n_550.gif.0b05c2e61198925ddeda4739d2d93d5d.gif

Now, all joking aside, I think your further explanations are perfectly correct! But I shudder seriously at the idea of a "romantic couple" by watching Sheldon with.. whomever. Sorry. :shy:

 

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, veejay said:

Of course they're the official romantic leads. You are here not for nothing in an official (Dark) Lenny thread. 😉

 

Now, all joking aside, I think your further explanations are perfectly correct! But I shudder seriously at the idea of a "romantic couple" by watching Sheldon with.. whomever. Sorry. :shy:

 

Purrrrfectly stated!  :hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

With Zack coming back I bet he talks about the fake wedding and the fake family they wanted just so tpbt can make fun of Leonard again

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

So, is Zack even smart enough to remember that they were married? That being said, I wouldn't put it past the writers to take pot shots at Leonard. I just hope Penny defends him instead of joining in the pot shots.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, chucky said:

So, is Zack even smart enough to remember that they were married? That being said, I wouldn't put it past the writers to take pot shots at Leonard. I just hope Penny defends him instead of joining in the pot shots.

He doesn't have to be smart to remember.

The last times Zack has appeared were either fine or positive for Lenny, so I don't see him as an omen. We'll have to wait and see.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bfm said:

He doesn't have to be smart to remember.

The last times Zack has appeared were either fine or positive for Lenny, so I don't see him as an omen. We'll have to wait and see.

Exactly Zack likes Leonard so I can't see him taking any shots at him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...