[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

Tensor

30 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I'm not convinced there are as many gay people of either sex as think they are. 

She surely doesn't think anybody, let alone herself, could be as bad  a mother as Leonard had himself ? Bloody hell !

OK. Wyatt phones Beverly. Beverly Skypes Penny and reassures her. 

I disagree with you about gay people. I believe worldwide there are more than we know of, because of the prejudice and true malice they suffer.

And I don't think Beverly could be used as a standard for motherhood in any way.

Speaking of Beverly, she might get involved in this whole thing. She may not like Leonard giving a child with her genes to a dumb guy. Her involvement could be surprisingly good but also utterly terrible. Of course it all depends on Christine Baranski's availability for one or a few "Skype" scenes.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, bfm said:

I disagree with you about gay people. I believe worldwide there are more than we know of, because of the prejudice and true malice they suffer.

And I don't think Beverly could be used as a standard for motherhood in any way.

Speaking of Beverly, she might get involved in this whole thing. She may not like Leonard giving a child with her genes to a dumb guy. Her involvement could be surprisingly good but also utterly terrible. Of course it all depends on Christine Baranski's availability for one or a few "Skype" scenes.

There are many gay people still in the "closet"! As far as Beverly goes, hopefully she stays out of situation. Nothing she will do will be good for Leonard!

There are many gay people still in the "closet"! As far as Beverly goes, hopefully she stays out of situation. Nothing she will do will be good for Leonard!
Maybe where you live but here in long beach about 50,000 people come out for pride weekend every year it's the second biggest money maker for the city the grand prix draws about 125,000 for the weekend

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Maybe where you live but here in long beach about 50,000 people come out for pride weekend every year it's the second biggest money maker for the city the grand prix draws about 125,000 for the weekend

Down here is the south! Need I say more?

5 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Interesting - so the Shamys are actually to blame for the decline in quality - and the producers for pandering to them.

I'm not blaming Shamys in general. Not every Shamy went to the panel. But if they got more questions on Shamy that year, and thought they had written all they wanted to write about Lenny, they could have used that as justification to move on. Maybe they were being dumb. I don't know. But after that panel is when I saw things really start to change and I think it well could have been an excuse for the writers to quit writing something they were tired of working with and go with something different.

8 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Maybe not. I just think it's possible and am throwing it out as a possibility. The first kid I had at 26 was a whole lot easier than the last kid I had at 39.

Biologically it is best for the mother and the baby if the woman conceives in her teens.  The waiting till a woman is older is just something driven by social norms of our so called civilized society.

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But if they got more questions on Shamy that year, and thought they had written all they wanted to write about Lenny, they could have used that as justification to move on.

I doubt that very much! Those people aren't so stupid as to change the path of the show over a few questioners at an event. There are a hell of a lot more fans that didn't attend than those that did. Probably a large majority of fans there didn't even ask any questions. So your assumption is flawed.

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I'm not convinced there are as many gay people of either sex as think they are. 

She surely doesn't think anybody, let alone herself, could be as bad  a mother as Leonard had himself ? Bloody hell !

OK. Wyatt phones Beverly. Beverly Skypes Penny and reassures her. 

Why on earth would Wyatt phone Beverly?

4 hours ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I still hope the reason is her commitment issues. As I see Penny, I think she's really afraid of any sort of deep affection/attachment (like we saw it with Leonard). And even if she can somehow control this attachment with everyone else, it's gonna be pretty hard to do with her own kids, since it's mostly about the maternal instinct 🙃 So maybe that's what scares her

Wholeheartedly agree with this comment. I have had this reasoning for awhile and it seems a very logical explanation

2 hours ago, SRAM said:

Biologically it is best for the mother and the baby if the woman conceives in her teens.  The waiting till a woman is older is just something driven by social norms of our so called civilized society.

Age could also be mentioned with regards to Marissa. I don't know how old the other characters are compared to Penny but I always think of her as younger. Zack and Marissa cannot be married any more than two years. It seems rushed that they want a baby. I could see Marissa thinking she's getting old and be the same age as Penny.

2 hours ago, chucky said:

I doubt that very much! Those people aren't so stupid as to change the path of the show over a few questioners at an event. There are a hell of a lot more fans that didn't attend than those that did. Probably a large majority of fans there didn't even ask any questions. So your assumption is flawed.

It's more of a theory than an assumption, but if you can come up with and explain why they shifted away from Lenny at that time, I'm all ears. And I'd love more evidence on how they are not stupid.

21 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

It's more of a theory than an assumption, but if you can come up with and explain why they shifted away from Lenny at that time, I'm all ears. And I'd love more evidence on how they are not stupid.

I have a theory and this seasons thread kind of proves it. I believe the writers know ratings will be good if they kept writing Shamy stories because Lenny fans will keep watching till the end.

21 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't know and I'm not going to venture a guess. If you really want to know, ask TPTB! Anything I say would be a guess and I won't go there. I'm just going to say is I disagree with your theory.

3 hours ago, chucky said:

Down here is the south! Need I say more?

About thirty years ago there was an American TV series 'Soap' which had a male gay couple in it.

The grandmother of the baby daughter of one of them said, 'You're a homo ? We don't have homos in Texas, live ones anyway.'  They probably wouldn't be allowed to put that in a script these days.

In places where it's not allowed, it stands to reason they'd be in the closet. why wouldn't they ? Who wants to go to prison and/or be beaten up ? A man's sexuality doesn't  make him stupid.

I knew a RL gay couple once and they weren't stupid. In fact they were anything but and both became mayor at different times. People who didn't know them well assumed they were father and son. They were partners in a business and lived together in the same big house. They weren't in the closet, just didn't go on about it until the civil partnership law came in. They were discreet and nobody felt threatened enough to want to do them harm.

Where it's not only allowed but fashionable and even encouraged, there might be young people mistakenly thinking they are gay when they are really straight. They're the ones I worry about. Someone like Raj who in the 18th century would be known as a dandy or a fop, or a mere rich man who could afford to take care of his skin and hair and who probably dressed in fashionably colourful, flamboyant outfits, could easily in another social circle in this century be persuaded he was gay. Where and when one grows up can make a big difference. 

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

About thirty years ago there was an American TV series 'Soap' which had a male gay couple in it.

The grandmother of the baby daughter of one of them said, 'You're a homo ? We don't have homos in Texas, live ones anyway.'  They probably wouldn't be allowed to put that in a script these days.

In places where it's not allowed, it stands to reason they'd be in the closet. why wouldn't they ? Who wants to go to prison and/or be beaten up ? A man's sexuality doesn't  make him stupid.

I knew a RL gay couple once and they weren't stupid. In fact they were anything but and both became mayor at different times. People who didn't know them well assumed they were father and son. They were partners in a business and lived together in the same big house. They weren't in the closet, just didn't go on about it until the civil partnership law came in. They were discreet and nobody felt threatened enough to want to do them harm.

Where it's not only allowed but fashionable and even encouraged, there might be young people mistakenly thinking they are gay when they are really straight. They're the ones I worry about. Someone like Raj who in the 18th century would be known as a dandy or a fop, or a mere rich man who could afford to take care of his skin and hair and who probably dressed in fashionably colourful, flamboyant outfits, could easily in another social circle in this century be persuaded he was gay. Where and when one grows up can make a big difference. 

I never said anything about stupid. My oldest daughter is gay and living with her wife. Both are out of the closet. I have no problem with it at all. 

It's not illegal to be gay anywhere in the US

17 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I have a theory and this seasons thread kind of proves it. I believe the writers know ratings will be good if they kept writing Shamy stories because Lenny fans will keep watching till the end.

I thought the Shamy questioners in the audience at that particular meeting were chosen to ask their questions because Mayim and Jim were the ones there on the stage. There was no reason for a competition to develop between the couples. Lenny just weren't nearly as out of the ordinary as Shamy in the first place so it made sense that they grew up sooner. After all these years the pairs still contrast each other. I can't see Sheldon giving up his dinner for Lenny even if they were depressed, for instance. Their different personalities still show through and keep the interest going. Howardette are the couple who look normal on the surface but who are crackers underneath.

13 minutes ago, chucky said:

I never said anything about stupid. My oldest daughter is gay and living with her wife. Both are out of the closet. I have no problem with it at all. 

I said they stay in the closet  where it's not allowed because they're not stupid. If kissing a same-sex partner got you executed you'd have to be an idiot to do it in public.

I thought the Shamy questioners in the audience at that particular meeting were chosen to ask their questions because Mayim and Jim were the ones there on the stage. There was no reason for a competition to develop between the couples. Lenny just weren't nearly as out of the ordinary as Shamy in the first place so it made sense that they grew up sooner. After all these years the pairs still contrast each other. I can't see Sheldon giving up his dinner for Lenny even if they were depressed, for instance. Their different personalities still show through and keep the interest going. Howardette are the couple who look normal on the surface but who are crackers underneath.

They don't pre-choose the audience questions.  They just happen at the discretion of the host of the session.

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I said they stay in the closet  where it's not allowed because they're not stupid. If kissing a same-sex partner got you executed you'd have to be an idiot to do it in public.

It's not illegal to be gay in the U. S. of A. It's just that down south they're some red neck country folk that might take offense to it.

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I know. Plenty of places where it is though.

Not in the States! It may not be legal to get married in some places though!

Really ? How do they get the microphones ?

They have event staff members staged at several different points in the auditorium with wireless microphones.  They call them runners.  They pass off the microphone to whom ever the host gestures to.  After they ask their question they pass it back.

Just now, chucky said:

It's not illegal to be gay in the U. S. of A. It's just that down south they're some red neck country folk that might take offense to it.

I was referring to places where it's a capital crime but I daresay if they had prejudiced neighbours who were likely to be violent they might want to be discreet. 

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

They have event staff members staged at several different points in the auditorium with wireless microphones.  They call them runners.  They pass off the microphone to whom ever the host gestures to.  After they ask their question they pass it back.

Interesting. So the Shamy questions were random. Thanks.