[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

Tensor

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

They don't pre-choose the audience questions.  They just happen at the discretion of the host of the session.

If I remember correctly people thought the host was terrible and made it about herself?

9 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I thought the Shamy questioners in the audience at that particular meeting were chosen to ask their questions because Mayim and Jim were the ones there on the stage.

So was Kaley.

9 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Really ? How do they get the microphones ?

If you watch the clip that is one of the first things they explain.

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

If I remember correctly people thought the host was terrible and made it about herself?

I've watched it several times over the years and never found her so. I'd love to know what you think if you ever get the time to rewatch the clip.

4 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

So was Kaley.

If you watch the clip that is one of the first things they explain.

I've watched it several times over the years and never found her so. I'd love to know what you think if you ever get the time to rewatch the clip.

I just looked at the comment section at the end of the article. One could argue that Lenny had more stories in the first half of season 6 and thus the questions about Shamy made sense.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I just looked at the comment section at the end of the article. One could argue that Lenny had more stories in the first half of season 6 and thus the questions about Shamy made sense.

Totally agree!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, chucky said:

Surely you've never been to San Francisco!

Indeed I have not. I did, however, once in the 1980s wear flowers in my hair for a car-and-the-lady competition at a classic car rally. I had a 1969 Morris Traveller at the time. The winners were ladies dressed in 1950s elegant styles whose cars were even older than mine. I didn't stand a chance.

My only-ever claim to decadence happened on that day. I was refused admittance when in costume to the stately home in whose grounds the rally was held.

49 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Indeed I have not. I did, however, once in the 1980s wear flowers in my hair for a car-and-the-lady competition at a classic car rally. I had a 1969 Morris Traveller at the time. The winners were ladies dressed in 1950s elegant styles whose cars were even older than mine. I didn't stand a chance.

My only-ever claim to decadence happened on that day. I was refused admittance when in costume to the stately home in whose grounds the rally was held.

Well San Francisco is known for more than hippy's with flowers in their hair. They, probably have the US's largest Gay population. I was stationed in Alameda, which is just outside of San Francisco back in the 70's. Even back then there was a large contengent there.

17 hours ago, chucky said:

Well San Francisco is known for more than hippy's with flowers in their hair. They, probably have the US's largest Gay population. I was stationed in Alameda, which is just outside of San Francisco back in the 70's. Even back then there was a large contengent there.

A bit of trivia, I read an article this year about the average home in San Francisco selling for $1 Million dollars now, so being a hippy or gay or just anything must pay well.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, SRAM said:

A bit of trivia, I read an article this year about the average home in San Francisco selling for $1 Million dollars now, so being a hippy or gay or just anything must pay well.

I never said that the entire population was hippy or gay. I  also stated that this was in the 70's. I've been retired from the U. S. Navy since 1995. I haven't been to California since 1985. Big difference between last year and then! 

3 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Isn't someone going to post a last curse of the year on the showrunners and writers?

Yeah, I hope they all have new jobs already because this last season, so far, is not going to look good for any of them when they submit their resumé. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, SRAM said:

Yeah, I hope they all have new jobs already because this last season, so far, is not going to look good for any of them when they submit their resumé. 

I think they will all find jobs and fairly quickly. I feel that way about the entire crew, too. That's just the way TV works.

7 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I think they will all find jobs and fairly quickly. I feel that way about the entire crew, too. That's just the way TV works.

Maybe, but at least not as one team of writers.

I ask again, does anyone know whether the writing crew churning out the dreck of the last few seasons are the same people who originally wrote the 3 wonderful characters Penny, Leonard and Sheldon ( I was going to say created, but the creation of P, L and S was a seamless collaboration between actors and writers)? So sad they've degraded what they once had.

Edited by JohnPhD
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

I ask again, does anyone know whether the writing crew churning out the dreck of the last few seasons are the same people who originally wrote the 3 wonderful characters Penny, Leonard and Sheldon ( I was going to say created, but the creation of P, L and S was a seamless collaboration between actors and writers)? So sad they've degraded what they once had.

Do you mean who came up with the story ideas or who wrote the actual teleplays? The first season was odd because production on the show was halted for awhile due to the Writer's Guild of America strike. I think Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady and Steve Molaro came up with most of the ideas. For awhile a woman named Jennifer Glickman was working on the scripts as were Lee Aronsohn & Dave Goetsch. Prady, Lorre and Molaro are still doing story ideas and I think last season Goetsch was still around.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 1

Do you mean who came up with the story ideas or who wrote the actual teleplays? The first season was odd because production on the show was halted for awhile due to the Writer's Guild of America strike. I think Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady and Steve Molaro came up with most of the ideas. For awhile a woman named Jennifer Glickman was working on the scripts as were Lee Aronsohn & Dave Goetsch. Prady, Lorre and Molaro are still doing story ideas and I think last season Goetsch was still around.

I Think Kaleys casting was arguably the most important. If you contrast it with Katie. She brought a bubbly energy. That lifted TBBT unaired pilot from drad, and weary. To uplifiting, compelling, and colorful. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I Think Kaley's casting was arguably the most important. If you contrast it with Katie. She brought a bubbly energy. That lifted TBBT unaired pilot from drab, and weary. To uplifting, compelling, and colorful. 

So true. Don't think the show would have lasted 12 years without any of the big 3!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I Think Kaleys casting was arguably the most important. If you contrast it with Katie. She brought a bubbly energy. That lifted TBBT unaired pilot from drad, and weary. To uplifiting, compelling, and colorful. 

KC also brought a depth to the character far beyond what you usually get in sitcom acting.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

They changed a lot more than the actress from that pilot. I don't know how Katie would have been once they sorted out what they wanted from the character.