The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

I want them smart and beautiful babies! To each their own!

Totally agree with you @chucky ,of course should we get the smart and beautiful babies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chucky said:

Well, I'm glad you're happy, many are not.  For me I'm moving on!

I said I didn't trust the writers to do it decently and wasn't counting on it as being promised. That is not the same as being happy. At this point I don't think any faction of the fandom is truly happy. If any are I haven't met them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I said I didn't trust the writers to do it decently and wasn't counting on it as being promised. That is not the same as being happy. At this point I don't think any faction of the fandom is truly happy. If any are I haven't met them.

Oh. I don't know. There's always someone happy somewhere!

1 hour ago, chucky said:

Oh. I don't know. There's always someone happy somewhere!

😈 Probably the writers after they light up some medical Marijuana and start writing the next episode.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SRAM said:

😈 Probably the writers after they light up some medical Marijuana and start writing the next episode.

Maybe that's why the episodes have been "off" lately!

4 hours ago, chucky said:

Maybe that's why the episodes have been "off" lately!

I keep thinking of the bloopers from seasons before where Kaley and Johnny kept saying “Are you high?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, SRAM said:

They don't need medical marijuana.  It's legal in California.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

They don't need medical marijuana.  It's legal in California.  

Okay Dokay!

Are they serious ? Women who've decided to be child-free will be offended by a character in a sitcom who chops and changes her mind over whether or not to have children ? Offended by a brief storyline ? In a comedy ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Are they serious ? Women who've decided to be child-free will be offended by a character in a sitcom who chops and changes her mind over whether or not to have children ? Offended by a brief storyline ? In a comedy ? 

Obviously. How long have you been here? 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, veejay said:

Obviously. How long have you been here? 😉

Here reading Screenrant, about an hour.

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Well, yeah. When a minority group is generally under-represented, representation is important, and showing a character who belongs to this grouo should be done with reponsibility. It's like bisexual people are offended by the tendency to ignore their existence or present them as "confused" or as a step in the way of becoming homosexual. The BBT writers should have never gone there, they don't have it in them to treat such issues with the proper respect and responsibility. That doesn't make them inferior writers, it's just not their thing.  

ETA: Also, it would have been one thing if it were just this one character, but they already did it with Bernadette. She seemed very decided agianst having children, and changed her mind just like that. Their best way out of this, IMO, is revealing that Penny never really did not want children but something, that she can overcome, led her to making that decision.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I totally agree with this:

https://screenrant.com/big-bang-theory-leonard-penny-baby-conflict-solve/

In fact it feels like a conjunction of my posts and those of others here. I wonder if the Screen Rant people pay visits to the forum.

I'm not quite sure, but I believe they linked to our forum here in a previous article.

I like this website. I find their topics related to TBBT mostly comprehensible and well-founded.
So I dare to post this genuine topic here. (Please, let me stay alive.)

The Big Bang Theory: 20 Wild Revelations About Sheldon And Penny's Relationship
screenrant.com

25 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Here reading Screenrant, about an hour.

I meant here in our forum, with regard to your question: "Offended by a brief storyline ? In a comedy ?"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, veejay said:

I'm not quite sure, but I believe they linked to our forum here in a previous article.

I like this website. I find their topics related to TBBT mostly comprehensible and well-founded.
So I dare to post this genuine topic here. (Please, let me stay alive.)

The Big Bang Theory: 20 Wild Revelations About Sheldon And Penny's Relationship
screenrant.com

Seems they read ShennyHQ as well. LMAO

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, April said:

Comprehensible but ...Wild Revelations... 😊

Yes, worms in can, meet can opener. This may not end well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"What’s so funny is that Penny’s really become a mother to Sheldon. ... His character is like a child and it’s funny how much a part of each other’s lives they’ve become," she reflected in 2010, before offering an even more damning assessment. "I think [people] love [the idea] because it’s so not realistic. It’s like another planet. It’s not going to happen, so they want it to happen. And [if it did happen], they wouldn’t want it anymore."

Thank you Kaley!

Edited by bfm
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

Yes, worms in can, meet can opener. This may not end wellemoji12.png

Well, I like to quote...* ...Get over fantasy! 😉

6 hours ago, veejay said:

I meant here in our forum, with regard to your question: "Offended by a brief storyline ? In a comedy ?"

I knew you meant the forum. :)  I just found the screenrant suggestion that women who'd given serious thought and consideration to the matter of childfreeness and come to a decision would be offended if Penny now decided to have a child after all ridiculous.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I knew you meant the forum. :)  I just found the screenrant suggestion that women who'd given serious thought and consideration to the matter of childfreeness and come to a decision would be offended if Penny now decided to have a child after all ridiculous.

It's possible, personally I don't usually look to sitcoms to address topics such as that or raising some kind of awareness.

I think it depends on how it plays out, but I see a potential danger there on the horizon for the writers in regards to how in fact Penny changes her mind (if she does change her mind). If say for comedy purposes or through deliberate intention they make Penny's decision purely reactive to face a threat i.e. Leonard donating, so Penny backed in a corner feels she has to abandon her feelings and her position on the matter then I may have a real issue with the storyline and the writers.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It's possible, personally I don't usually look to sitcoms to address topics such as that or raising some kind of awareness.

There are quite enough comedies that show social responsibility and address such topics in a serious, responsible manner (including Lorre's own "Mom"). The BBT writers are not fit for this, so IMO they shouldn't have gone there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bfm said:

There are quite enough comedies that show social responsibility and address such topics in a serious, responsible manner (including Lorre's own "Mom"). The BBT writers are not fit for this, so IMO they shouldn't have gone there.

Personally I think since they're backed themselves in this corner, that they're damned if she does and damned if she doesn't get pregnant. Leonard should just give his donation to help the couple and Penny can live with her decision to let another woman bring her husband's baby in this world. As Penny said herself that since Leonard had no say in her decision on not having kids, she doesn't have a say in the donation.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chucky said:

Personally I think since they're backed themselves in this corner, that they're damned if she does and damned if she doesn't get pregnant. Leonard should just give his donation to help the couple and Penny can live with her decision to let another woman bring her husband's baby in this world. As Penny said herself that since Leonard had no say in her decision on not having kids, she doesn't have a say in the donation.

True  Kaley was outstanding acting that scene out. She came across cold and steadfast but with a tinge of emotion. Honestly, I did not expect her to say that after Leonard said he would not do it if she did not want him to.  But I get this gut feeling that she really feels bad about her decision knowing that she hurt Leonard....again

• Like 3

Okay, I posted a question the main DT  about a valentines day episode but I'd like to ask another more specific to  Lenny. If they do a valentines episode and if we get a Lenny plot in it. Do you think we'll finally get a happy valentine for them?. as after all they haven't had much luck with valentines day. In S3 Penny was ill, S6 Penny spent their dinner obsessing over her former friend and ex. In S7 they ended up stuck at the vets after Cinamon ate chocolate. And in S9 they weren't able to have dinner due it being busy and Penny not being happy about being called ma'am.Anyways if they have a plot do you think it'll finally be a happy one for them or continue there trend of them having something go wrong?

• Like 1