[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

Tensor

2 hours ago, veejay said:

I don't think Shamy (fka Sheldon) is getting too much attention. The whole storyline with their super sym- or asymmetry bores (me) to death and I can't discover "the humor of nature" in it either. The stories of the other characters are more like the usual stuff.
Now, there’s Lenny. At the beginning of the season I had the feeling that their storylines were more detailed than usual and showed the cohesion of both more clearly. And yes, the usual teasing is still part of it! All this could have happily accompanied us to the end if it hadn't... yes, if it hadn't been for this completely absurd train of thought of the writers (which I don't have to describe here anymore).
This stupid way into a drama leaves me pretty stunned now.  🙄

n_599.gif.9fda59690e71777844bb5b9b3d34f6c7.gif

I agree with the second half of your post. But disagree with the first half, Sheldon/Shamy have had way too much attention on them this season. They have had more plots than anyone else. As for the Super Asymmetry plot i had no problem with it at first. But now i am just tired of the constant focus on it.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, veejay said:

And you know the worst is, on the long run it's not even funny anymore.

notfunny3.gif.d46eb316efc256e76d668d43b03b310c.gif

I know its sad. I mean, Sheldon may got a lot of story lines but I'm not too excited when they're not good. In some they tend to make him whiny or drill home once again that he can be a real jerk. I guess they have painted the character into a corner and now they're stuck. So, to see him progress a bit, for me, makes the story better. I love the show and all the characters but Jim made the right decision in deciding to stop playing Sheldon and Chuck Lorre was right to say it's over.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

I agree with the second half of your post. But disagree with the first half, Sheldon/Shamy have had way too much attention on them this season. They have had more plots than anyone else. As for the Super Asymmetry plot i had no problem with it at first. But now i am just tired of the constant focus on it.

Understandable. Probably my perception is influenced by my lack of interest in Shamy's story. 😉

12 minutes ago, shell said:

I know its sad. I mean, Sheldon may got a lot of story lines but I'm not too excited when they're not good. In some they tend to make him whiny or drill home once again that he can be a real jerk. I guess they have painted the character into a corner and now they're stuck. So, to see him progress a bit, for me, makes the story better. I love the show and all the characters but Jim made the right decision in deciding to stop playing Sheldon and Chuck Lorre was right to say it's over.

I agree with that. Right now I'm really horrified about the level we're offered for the last season. 🙄

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, veejay said:

Understandable. Probably my perception is influenced by my lack of interest in Shamy's story. 😉

I agree with that. Right now I'm really horrified about the level we're offered for the last season. 🙄

For a brief moment after I heard the news that TBBT was ending and that Jim Parsons wanted to leave, I thought that since Jim is a real likable and humble guy and gets along with all his co-stars that possibly he wanted to leave because he believed that his Sheldon character was getting too much attention with the scripts and storylines and he did not want to get into the position any further of having the show all about him. JMO

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, veejay said:

Understandable. Probably my perception is influenced by my lack of interest in Shamy's story.

That's my opinion as well. That's why, I think starting season 10, I started taping the episodes and fast forwarding past the shamy parts!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

For a brief moment after I heard the news that TBBT was ending and that Jim Parsons wanted to leave, I thought that since Jim is a real likable and humble guy and gets along with all his co-stars that possibly he wanted to leave because he believed that his Sheldon character was getting too much attention with the scripts and storylines and he did not want to get into the position any further of having the show all about him. JMO

You may have a point. When Craig Fergusen told him he should become the star of the show he told him, 'No! That'd be horrible!' (something along those lines.) I'm sure there are many reasons he wants to leave. I believe he's in it for the acting, not the money at this point.  I personally didn't like many stories in season 11. The writers seem to be re using the same jokes. 

Edited by shell
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, veejay said:

Definitely. When I watch my favorite shows (TBBT is sadly no longer one of them) I look forward to enjoy what they bring, trusting the writers and enjoying the ride. With TBBT I'm just waiting to see how they're gonna screw things even more than they already have. At least that's some kind of expectationa they do meet..? It's such a shame. To think I was hopeful when the season started...

Edited by bfm
  • Like 4

Just now, bfm said:

Definitely. When I watch my favorite shows (TBBT is sadly no longer one of them) I look forward to enjoy what they bring, trusting the writers and enjoying the ride. With TBBT I'm just waiting to see how they're gonna screw things even more than they already have. At least that's some kind of expectationa they do meet..? It's such a shame. To think I was hopeful when the season started...

I’m still hopeful! And I really hope tonight’s taping won’t change that 😁 (but if Leonard says yes to Zack ughhhh 😭

Edited by smartandbeautiful
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

I’m still hopeful! And I really hope tonight’s taping won’t change that 😁 (but if Leonard says yes to Zack ughhhh 😭

I won't be surprised if he says/said yes. Maybe he will do it, maybe he won't, but I think an initial yes is definitely possible.

• Like 1

Just now, bfm said:

I won't be surprised if he says/said yes. Maybe he will do it, maybe he won't, but I think an initial yes is definitely possible.

Yep, and that’s gonna be one of the worst plots in tv history... 

What bothers me most in this Lenny kids issue - other couples have everything. Shamy will probably end up with Nobel and at least twins, Howardette got their dream jobs and two kids, and then there is Lenny...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

Now I also know why I hardly watch TV anymore. No wonder with the current choice.

n_637.gif.6d8c72ffef5928419d54473abbb83285.gif

Oh, no offence, Penny! 😉

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

What bothers me most in this Lenny kids issue - other couples have everything. Shamy will probably end up with Nobel and at least twins, Howardette got their dream jobs and two kids, and then there is Lenny...

Perhaps TPTB thinks it's enough that Leonard and Penny have each other.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 1

Just now, Swedish Chef said:

Perhaps TPTB thinks it's enough that Leonard and Penny have each other.

It’s kinda sweet, yeah... and if this kid storyline was mutual and done in a more positive way, then I’d probably agree. But right now things for Lenny don’t seem as good as for the other couples 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

It’s kinda sweet, yeah... and if this kid storyline was mutual and done in a more positive way, then I’d probably agree. But right now things for Lenny don’t seem as good as for the other couples 🤷🏼‍♀️

I can only agree with you.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

The only thing I will be surprised by is lenny having a happy ending

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I do believe they'll say their happy and smile and so. I'm just not sure how much it will ring true to me, that depends on what will happen by then. Still, I doubt anything they do will make me think the no kids and donation plots were anything but huge, terrible mistakes. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, bfm said:

I do believe they'll say their happy and smile and so. I'm just not sure how much it will ring true to me, that depends on what will happen by then. Still, I doubt anything they do will make me think the no kids and donation plots were anything but huge, terrible mistakes. 

Those were mistakes alright!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, bfm said:

It's such a shame. To think I was hopeful when the season started...

I think we all were hopeful! The season started with such high expectations which turned into, for me, disappointments. There were some nice parts and some giggles, but they were too few and too far in between!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 4

I know it's just me but are tptb changing Penny into a taller Bernadette

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bernadette is the writers’ template for BBT wife. Penny just starting to behave like the role model she has been with. By Season 14, Amy would have been the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3