[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm not always happy with how she's written but I don't think she's ever horrible. And Penny says Amy is her best friend, after all.

Sorry, but I never believed that.

n_580.gif.4b737af4614ef06ecb2db05ea3fb2b4d.gif

Edited by veejay
  • Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can actually live with the one off cheating bullshit more than the long running stupidity of the “he wore her down” line which yet again rears its ugly head in the next episode. As unrealistic and

It was about a year ago at this time and I just finished watching 11.24. The Shamy wedding. It was wonderful and marvelous. A really amazing television wedding. It was then that I told myself yes. The

The comparison between the Fowlers and Lenny was over the top and so was the shoe horned set up line from Bernadette. Not that I share everyone’s disgust for the accusation of them having nothing in c

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

The magical part of L/P was their mis-match seemed to work. Love conquers... etc. It’s just sad that they apparently mis-matched themselves into a serious crisis with long term and possibly existential concerns.

Is it coherently redeemable? Can they give them a consistent and satisfying epilogue, or do they go out with this lingering regret hanging over them? Hard for me to see how this wraps tidily. I’m not on tenterhooks for the resolution either, because it’s just sad they went there.

Again, what a way to end a love story.

Not only a love story but the only real love story in the whole show.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Not only a love story but the only real love story in the whole show.

I 100% agree. Howadette is mostly a fear/love marriage. Shamy, god only knows what that is suppose to be. Quite possibly Shamy is a scientific experiment! 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, veejay said:

Sorry, but I never believed that.

n_580.gif.4b737af4614ef06ecb2db05ea3fb2b4d.gif

It did seem surprising when she said Amy was her best friend but if  Amy's not, then who is ? Bernadette ? We never see her with the crowd she hung out with in early seasons.

16 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

We never see her with the crowd she hung out with in early seasons.

Yeah, she seems to have cut off her old friends which is quite possibly a very responsible and grown up thing to do.

Amy being her best friend is a matter of convenience (for the writers) because they don’t need or want to add another Penny like person presumably representing most of the rest of us.  And Amy being her best friend shows growth versus her earlier friendships. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Penny isn't any more dismissing of Amy than she is of anyone else. If Amy isn't, who is?

Penny's only true best friend is and always will be her husband, Leonard! Amy and Bernadette are her female best friends. Amy's best friendship with Penny means more to Amy than Penny!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, chucky said:

Penny's only true best friend is and always will be her husband, Leonard! Amy and Bernadette are her female best friends. Amy's best friendship with Penny means more to Amy than Penny!

Okay, whatever, but I don't think anyone was thinking about marriages when we started discussing this. If so, you don't blindside your best friend husband with a no kids declaration. We saw Penny call Amy her best friend though and you can't wish that away.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

18 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

We saw Penny call Amy her best friend though and you can't wish that away.

One time! The actions of her not wanting kids and when she told Leonard is totally in her character and mannerisms.

44 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Okay, whatever, but I don't think anyone was thinking about marriages when we started discussing this. If so, you don't blindside your best friend husband with a no kids declaration. We saw Penny call Amy her best friend though and you can't wish that away.

lying.gif.09b48e14c482277d7b27d5c2618a2839.gif

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, chucky said:

Saying it one time doesn't make it so!

Penny saying it on screen makes it canon.  It is an established fact.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

All we have is what's on the screen, people.

l_229.gif.442be786b951bdd52df7a50bc9fea33d.gif

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

l_246.gif.c4a53e076fafd0523333f246ec56a289.gif

🙂

5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

All we have is what's on the screen, people.

Then by your reasoning above, your comment

On 12/2/2018 at 11:34 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

I also never saw Penny as super committed to having kids.

is just flat out wrong, because we have her on screen saying:

Penny: Babies? Well, I’m not in a rush but someday, yeah, sure.

So which is it?  What's on screen is canon, or is what's on screen canon depending on how you feel about it?  

Or, is it just simply open to interpretation, depending on how one reads the emotion, inflection and intonation, which is also on screen?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Then by your reasoning above, your comment

is just flat out wrong, because we have her on screen saying:

So which is it?  What's on screen is canon, or is what's on screen canon depending on how you feel about it?  

Or, is it just simply open to interpretation, depending on how one reads the emotion, inflection and intonation, which is also on screen?

...and the truth was simply told at the holy kitchen island!

n_107.gif.c3fa50dd0f4762aaec05f3f5d929c15c.gif

• Like 5

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

Penny also said Leonard was her best friend at their Las Vegas wedding. So that is also canon is it not?. In my opinion, they only had Penny say Amy was her best friend solely for the episode plot. There is no believable proof that Amy is Penny's best friend. But you can see it with Leonard even when they weren't together she wanted to be around him.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

s just flat out wrong, because we have her on screen saying:

"I'm not in a rush" put it off to some time in the distant future, not the immediate future.  I said she was not SUPER committed. Not that she never would or definitely was ready to. The showrunners went against that statement and now we have to live with their decision. I wish that they would explain why she changed her mind, too. I wish that as much as anyone. But she was not interested immediately. Whereas the comment about Amy being her best friend was recent. Could they have a falling out and she change her mind someday? Sure. But I don't think they have time for that. We'll see.  I can't understand this need some fans have to insist that Penny and Amy are not friends at all, though. What does that get us? That Penny has no female friends at all?

4 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Penny also said Leonard was her best friend at their Las Vegas wedding. So that is also canon is it not?. In my opinion, they only had Penny say Amy was her best friend solely for the episode plot. There is no believable proof that Amy is Penny's best friend. But you can see it with Leonard even when they weren't together she wanted to be around him.

I don't look at spouses and same sex friends the same way. I could tell my husband he's my best friend and still have a best female friend, You can have more than one best friend. But I would not tell someone to their face that they are my best friend if I couldn't stand them.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It did seem surprising when she said Amy was her best friend but if  Amy's not, then who is ? Bernadette ? We never see her with the crowd she hung out with in early seasons.

If it’s Amy then maybe that’s a little sad too. She could have had a bigger life, she had wanted one after all. No wonder she sounded surprised when she realised what had happened. I don’t recall her being overjoyed at the revelation. Bemused maybe, but not dancing.

I could be projecting, but...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

"I'm not in a rush" put it off to some time in the distant future, not the immediate future.  I said she was not SUPER committed. Not that she never would or definitely was ready to. The showrunners went against that statement and now we have to live with their decision. I wish that they would explain why she changed her mind, too. I wish that as much as anyone. But she was not interested immediately. Whereas the comment about Amy being her best friend was recent. Could they have a falling out and she change her mind someday? Sure. But I don't think they have time for that. We'll see.  I can't understand this need some fans have to insist that Penny and Amy are not friends at all, though. What does that get us? That Penny has no female friends at all.

My assessment above has nothing to do with friendships as such, but rather with Amy as Penny's best friend. And in view of the well-known development (*see also the quote) I'm not able to recognize an intimate friendship (bff) between Penny and Amy even today.
Also an overpriced piece of art as an oversized gift wouldn't shake my opinion. 🙂

A: Since you're my best friend, I thought it would be a good bonding opportunity.
P: I’m your best friend?
A: Don't you read my blog?

S4 / Ep13

Edited by veejay
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, veejay said:

My assessment above has nothing to do with friendships as such, but rather with Amy as Penny's best friend. And in view of the well-known development (*see also the quote) I'm not able to recognize an intimate friendship (bff) between Penny and Amy even today.
Also an overpriced piece of art as an oversized gift wouldn't shake my opinion. 🙂

A: Since you're my best friend, I thought it would be a good bonding opportunity.
P: I’m your best friend?
A: Don't you read my blog?

S4 / Ep13

Agreed! Amy is Penny's friend, but not BFF! Amy feels that way about Penny, but to Penny is just a friend!

• Like 4