Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

"I'm not in a rush" put it off to some time in the distant future, not the immediate future.  I said she was not SUPER committed. Not that she never would or definitely was ready to. The showrunners went against that statement and now we have to live with their decision. I wish that they would explain why she changed her mind, too. I wish that as much as anyone. But she was not interested immediately. Whereas the comment about Amy being her best friend was recent. Could they have a falling out and she change her mind someday? Sure. But I don't think they have time for that. We'll see.  I can't understand this need some fans have to insist that Penny and Amy are not friends at all, though. What does that get us? That Penny has no female friends at all?

 

I don't look at spouses and same sex friends the same way. I could tell my husband he's my best friend and still have a best female friend, You can have more than one best friend. But I would not tell someone to their face that they are my best friend if I couldn't stand them.

Well that is your opinion but to me it is wrong. A best friend is a best friend regardless of whether they are your spouse or same sex. Also I  disagree about being able to have multiple best friends. You can have multiple close friends or great friends. But you can only have one best friend. As by having lots of best friends makes the term best friend meaningless. Best means there is no one better or second to none.  So that can't apply to multiple people. This is my opinion and IDGAGRA .

No one is saying Penny and Amy are not friends, it is just that some of us will never believe that Amy is Penny's best friend , because there is nothing in the show to support that statement. Even though they had Penny realise Amy was her best friend, to me that was plot driven nothing more. Also you forgot about Bernadette, a woman Penny knew long before Amy turned up , so i don't understand why you think she would have no females friends if she doesn't have Amy as a friend .

Edited by Zephon75
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can actually live with the one off cheating bullshit more than the long running stupidity of the “he wore her down” line which yet again rears its ugly head in the next episode. As unrealistic and

It was about a year ago at this time and I just finished watching 11.24. The Shamy wedding. It was wonderful and marvelous. A really amazing television wedding. It was then that I told myself yes. The

The comparison between the Fowlers and Lenny was over the top and so was the shoe horned set up line from Bernadette. Not that I share everyone’s disgust for the accusation of them having nothing in c

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Also o disagree about having being able to have multiple best friends. You can have multiple close friends or great friends. But you can only have one best friend. As by having lots of best friends makes the term best friend meaningless. Best means there is no one better or second to none.  So that can't apply to multiple people. This is my opinion and IDGAGRA .

Totally agree. I feel that there is only one best friend. The remaining being close or very good friends and several being just regular friends!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Well that is your opinion but to me it is wrong. A best friend is a best friend regardless of whether they are your spouse or same sex. Also I  disagree about being able to have multiple best friends. You can have multiple close friends or great friends. But you can only have one best friend. As by having lots of best friends makes the term best friend meaningless. Best means there is no one better or second to none.  So that can't apply to multiple people. This is my opinion and IDGAGRA .

No one is saying Penny and Amy are not friends, it is just that some of us will never believe that Amy is Penny's best friend , because there is nothing in the show to support that statement. Even though they had Penny realise Amy was her best friend, to me that was plot driven nothing more. Also you forgot about Bernadette, a woman Penny knew long before Amy turned up , so i don't understand why you think she would have no females friends if she doesn't have Amy as a friend .

g_205.gif.6b9dff251ecb512e0d11b94c7d5204d5.gif

🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

"I'm not in a rush" put it off to some time in the distant future, not the immediate future.  I said she was not SUPER committed. Not that she never would or definitely was ready to. my best friend if I couldn't stand them.

Super committed isn't the point.  She is either committed to having kids, or she isn't.  At that time of that phrase, she was.  "I'm not in a rush" is a timeframe reference for having kids, not a commitment reference.  But there is a definite commitment phrase in there.  "Someday, yeah sure," is saying, "yes someday I'll have kids."  not, "I don't want kids at all."  

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But she was not interested immediately.

Which is irrelevant.  Either she was committed or she wasn't.  Her comment was, "Yeah, sure, someday."  That is a commitment to having kids.  "Yeah, someday" isn't any different than saying , "Yeah, in the next year or two."  Except for the latter being more specific than someday.

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Whereas the comment about Amy being her best friend was recent. Could they have a falling out and she change her mind someday? Sure. But I don't think they have time for that. We'll see.  I can't understand this need some fans have to insist that Penny and Amy are not friends at all, though. What does that get us? That Penny has no female friends at all?

I'm not saying she doesn't have ANY friends, just that Amy is not her best friend.   And I don't understand the need to downplay Penny's commitment to having kids, when it is quite clear she said she wanted them someday.  As I pointed out, someday is not, "I don't want kids. or I"m not enthused about kids."  it simply means that she doesn't want them right now, but does want them in the future.   Which is why a lot of Lennys are perplexed by her saying she now doesn't want kids.  

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't look at spouses and same sex friends the same way. I could tell my husband he's my best friend and still have a best female friend,

But that isn't the question is it?  Does what we see on the screen amount to canon.  Or, as I asked,  is canon is going to depend on the lens that the viewer looks through.  You brought in some other criteria for determining whether or not Leonard, Amy or both are her best friend, criteria I wouldn't use.  That looks an awful lot like canon being dependent on the viewer's lens.  

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

You can have more than one best friend. 

No, you can't.  Best is  a superlative, meaning only one.  Now, you can have bests, in different categories, but you have to specify the categories, and I haven't seen Penny specifically, (it has to be on screen, remember), state the categories for Amy and Leonard.  If you have, please let me know where I can find them.  

7 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But I would not tell someone to their face that they are my best friend if I couldn't stand them.

 I don't remember anyone saying that any character on the show can't stand any other character on the show.  We also might remember that Penny told her that, because she thought Amy should ask her to be her matron of honor.   Could she have been lying to get that spot?    The discussion, as far as I can tell is whether or not what we see on the screen is canon, and the assumption that Penny was lying to be the matron of honor, would be based on how I view the situation.  Not unlike the question "did Penny want kids in previous seasons?"   

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, veejay said:

A: Since you're my best friend, I thought it would be a good bonding opportunity.
P: I’m your best friend?
A: Don't you read my blog?

This is also from way back. Penny more recently decided and said that Amy was her best friend. And if she's not, then yes, Penny has no female friends anymore, aside from Bernie and that's sad. But it's not worth arguing about anymore as far as I'm concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

This is also from way back. Penny more recently decided and said that Amy was her best friend. And if she's not, then yes, Penny has no female friends anymore, aside from Bernie and that's sad. But it's not worth arguing about anymore as far as I'm concerned.

Disagree! Penny's response was a question, not a statement!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

This is also from way back. Penny more recently decided and said that Amy was her best friend. And if she's not, then yes, Penny has no female friends anymore, aside from Bernie and that's sad. But it's not worth arguing about anymore as far as I'm concerned.

g_060.gif.27727a5cdf295a179933669dff1c8eb9.gif

😉

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, veejay said:

All right, let’s talk about some big business.
Karen (behind Bernie) seems too busy finding the yogurt. 🙂
from The Conference Valuation (12/17)


Promo pix

 

Seems strange that Penny, Bernadette and Amy talked bad about Pryia wearing pantsuits and now Penny's wearing them! :sungum:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seems strange that Penny, Bernadette and Amy talked bad about Pryia wearing pantsuits and now Penny'swearing them! :sungum:


I suppose the writers have just forgotten how Penny hates trouser suits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TBBT78 said:

 


I suppose the writers have just forgotten how Penny hates trouser suits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

One of many things they have conveniently forgotten!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, veejay said:

Now I'm nosy. What did they sell you? It wasn't yogurt, was it? 😁

They seems to be selling the drug "Inflaminex" but I'm not yet really sure what it's good for.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

They seems to be selling the drug "Inflaminex" but I'm not yet really sure what it's good for.

...or probably some kind of a bran muffin. Probably fat-free and good for your colon. 🙂
(Quote was perhaps taken from S7 - The Gorilla Dissolution)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2019 at 2:52 AM, chucky said:

It would be great for her to get away from Bernadette!

Maybe, but according to the TR she doesn't go.

On 2/26/2019 at 1:58 PM, chucky said:

Seems strange that Penny, Bernadette and Amy talked bad about Pryia wearing pantsuits and now Penny's wearing them! :sungum:

That was a few years ago. Fashions change, acceptability expands, and as women's legs age they need something to cover up the support stockings - or is that just me ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That was a few years ago. Fashions change, acceptability expands, and as women's legs age they need something to cover up the support stockings - or is that just me ?


Didn’t see any support stockings covering Penny’s legs in the bedroom a couple of weeks ago[emoji12]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Maybe, but according to the TR she doesn't go.

That was a few years ago. Fashions change, acceptability expands, and as women's legs age they need something to cover up the support stockings - or is that just me ?

I think it's just you LOL. 😊

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

That was a few years ago. Fashions change, acceptability expands, and as women's legs age they need something to cover up the support stockings - or is that just me ?

Look at this embarrassing entrance...

n_148.gif.d04b6511886deef29646fc28c39f4b31.gif

...after all these years...

n_618.gif.7f8cb8d5725979dccf47c399352e2937.gif

Maybe you're right.  🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

That was a few years ago. Fashions change, acceptability expands, and as women's legs age they need something to cover up the support stockings - or is that just me ?

Pantsuits have been a standard in the business world for more years than I want to remember.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.