[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

10 minutes ago, veejay said:

Look at this embarrassing entrance...

n_148.gif.d04b6511886deef29646fc28c39f4b31.gif

...after all these years...

n_618.gif.7f8cb8d5725979dccf47c399352e2937.gif

Maybe you're right.  🙂

Looking at them legs, I definitely think that was a wrong assessment. At least as far as Penny is concerned!

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can actually live with the one off cheating bullshit more than the long running stupidity of the “he wore her down” line which yet again rears its ugly head in the next episode. As unrealistic and

It was about a year ago at this time and I just finished watching 11.24. The Shamy wedding. It was wonderful and marvelous. A really amazing television wedding. It was then that I told myself yes. The

The comparison between the Fowlers and Lenny was over the top and so was the shoe horned set up line from Bernadette. Not that I share everyone’s disgust for the accusation of them having nothing in c

Posted Images

On 2/28/2019 at 11:58 PM, veejay said:

Look at this embarrassing entrance...

n_148.gif.d04b6511886deef29646fc28c39f4b31.gif

...after all these years...

n_618.gif.7f8cb8d5725979dccf47c399352e2937.gif

Maybe you're right.  🙂

I reckon the red pantsuit was a bit of wardrobe messaging. Corporate but not too corporate. And the leading lady gets the red outfit to cut through - very traditional screen shorthand.

and, for fun...

Edit: Maybe the song is not about Penny, per se. 

If you listen, it’s about a corporate warrior type “touring the facility” and “cutting red tape”. That’s not what Penny is at at all, but what she is trying to emulate, and she is just wearing a costume for the role she fell into and doesn’t really like.

Well, I thought it appropriate. 

Edited by Nogravitasatall

8 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I reckon the red pantsuit was a bit of wardrobe messaging. Corporate but not too corporate. And the leading lady gets the red outfit to cut through - very traditional screen shorthand.

and, for fun...

Maybe not Penny, per se. 

OKAY DOKAY

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

Holland doesn't really say anything in this interview, except what may be, perhaps, a hint of Penny getting promoted ir something like that, but I had to comment on his saying the show has always been positive... LMFAO what show is he talking about? The Shamy show I guess, because this sure isn't true for Lenny.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Holland doesn't really say anything in this interview, except what may be, perhaps, a hint of Penny getting promoted ir something like that, but I had to comment on his saying the show has always been positive... LMFAO what show is he talking about? The Shamy show I guess, because this sure isn't true for Lenny.

Yeah, you said it. Penny has had more variety and new things to do this season than in recent years, when her character was mostly overlooked because TPTB degraded her and Leonard to a supporting role. But I remember the same sayings from Holland and Molaro for years. Their view of Lenny has obviously not changed up to now and new insights are probably not to be expected in the remaining time span.

g_219.gif.64322d9b6e08e63baef374a86e7799c3.gif

I like to take Penny's remark here as a quietly recommended resignation on my part.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, veejay said:

Yeah, you said it. Penny has had more variety and new things to do this season than in recent years, when her character was mostly overlooked because TPTB degraded her and Leonard to a supporting role. But I remember the same sayings from Holland and Molaro for years. Their view of Lenny has obviously not changed up to now and new insights are probably not to be expected in the remaining time span.

I like to take Penny's remark here as a quietly recommended resignation on my part.

Totally agreed!

3 hours ago, veejay said:

While I was definitely surprised by them not realizing the vibes they gave in season 10, I just find it unbelievable that they don't realize the major negativity they brought upon Lenny with the no kids plot (and earlier with the boat kiss). Do they ever give any second thought to the ideas they come up with? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, bfm said:

While I was definitely surprised by them not realizing the vibes they gave in season 10, I just find it unbelievable that they don't realize the major negativity they brought upon Lenny with the no kids plot (and earlier with the boat kiss). Do they ever give any second thought to the ideas they come up with? 

I think they see it as fleeting. As they did with the vibes in Season 10. They brought it up. Now its over apparently. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bfm said:

n_683.gif.7a24cf1eb1e5d3e479fc7628cee4c10b.gif

...but, no!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, veejay said:

Actually I thought it was a big step for Penny to have referred to herself as ' a mediocre actress' thus showing she now believes she was right to have made the change. I'm pretty sure this is the first time she's been so straightforward about that.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Actually I thought it was a big step for Penny to have referred to herself as ' a mediocre actress' thus showing she now believes she was right to have made the change. I'm pretty sure this is the first time she's been so straightforward about that.

You may be right about that. Especially in view of the superficiality of Penny's portrayal over many years. Unfortunately, deeper backgrounds in the stories for Lenny mostly remained hidden to us as "the popular clairvoyants".

n_687.gif.baac77d991f5b2f9239e02f93cab375f.gif

🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, veejay said:

Unfortunately, deeper backgrounds in the stories for Lenny mostly remained hidden to us as "the popular clairvoyants".

That's so very true. Hopefully that's the last we see of Beverly!

58 minutes ago, chucky said:

That's so very true. Hopefully that's the last we see of Beverly!

Don't be so harsh on her. 😉

bev_25.gif.d2df393b751f207d4326c96c7f8eb74f.gif

Frankly, I was very happy that Beverly wasn't directly involved in the Shamy nonsense this time. I found Leonard's phone call with her rather remarkable, because he confronted her with his typical problems without his usual long considerations.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, veejay said:

I found Leonard's phone call with her rather remarkable, because he confronted her with his typical problems without his usual long considerations.

Yeah, but she still lives in his head.

15 minutes ago, veejay said:

Frankly, I was very happy that Beverly wasn't directly involved in the Shamy nonsense this time. I found Leonard's phone call with her rather remarkable, because he confronted her with his typical problems without his usual long considerations.

It was a bit of a odd episode in some respects.  Are we to think that this sort of solves or eases Leonard's issues with Beverly?  Some of her "fondest moments" came while subjecting him to experiments?  An act of love?  Hmmm....food for thought.

Secondly in this same vein...Penny has found fulfillment after all in her position at Zangen?  Last night she appeared to be quite good at her job and to even enjoy it as well as receiving attention from a rival company. 

Only 7 episodes to go.......

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yeah, but she still lives in his head.

True, but that's also where Penny lives! And she will probably not move out there quickly. Good for Leonard, bad for *others.

n_692.gif.9ef73c77385922e8cf531adcddd44dfa.gif

*sigh. 😘

29 minutes ago, veejay said:

True, but that's also where Penny lives! And she will probably not move out there quickly. Good for Leonard, bad for *others.

Maybe she'll evict Beverly so she can have some elbow room.  :hi:

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

It was a bit of a odd episode in some respects.  Are we to think that this sort of solves or eases Leonard's issues with Beverly?  Some of her "fondest moments" came while subjecting him to experiments?  An act of love?  Hmmm....food for thought.

Secondly in this same vein...Penny has found fulfillment after all in her position at Zangen?  Last night she appeared to be quite good at her job and to even enjoy it as well as receiving attention from a rival company. 

n_684.gif.b60b8f5e78a83c7868f6b69a36fa5546.gif

😁

• Like 4

I wonder if the attention from the rival company has some significance for the ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TBBT78 said:

I wonder if the attention from the rival company has some significance for the ending.

Good question!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

It's really nice to see that Penny now seems to be pretty happy about her work at Zangen.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, veejay said:

I loved their scene, fav part of the episode! This late in the run to see Leonard confront her. And she opened up to him was surprising I got to say.

17 minutes ago, TBBT78 said:

Thats what I said in the other Lenny thread. I think this could be a major plot line for the series final. May lead to Penny getting a big job offer. Could mean Penny is offered a job and she has to commute. And Leonard and Penny need to make a decision about it. 

• Like 4