Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 12 Dark Lenny Thread

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

The final episode being one hour long could mean that we will get both a Shamy Nobel Prize and a Shamy baby. So sad thinking about that.

Not really. IT maybe an hour. But with the ton of Advertising bound to be in the Series Final. Everyone wanting an ad spot. The episode well prob end up being 25-30 mins. So we've got an half an hour to fill in alot of culmination to storylines. I Think it is more likely Shamy win the Nobel Prize then a pregnancy. They have barley referenced a Shamy baby, other then a couple of episodes. They have frequently had more focus on The Super Assymtery plot and Lenny baby. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Not really. IT maybe an hour. But with the ton of Advertising bound to be in the Series Final. Everyone wanting an ad spot. The episode well prob end up being 25-30 mins. So we've got an half an hour to fill in alot of culmination to storylines. I Think it is more likely Shamy win the Nobel Prize then a pregnancy. They have barley referenced a Shamy baby, other then a couple of episodes. They have frequently had more focus on The Super Assymtery plot and Lenny baby. 

:sungum:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Not really. IT maybe an hour. But with the ton of Advertising bound to be in the Series Final. Everyone wanting an ad spot. The episode well prob end up being 25-30 mins. So we've got an half an hour to fill in alot of culmination to storylines. I Think it is more likely Shamy win the Nobel Prize then a pregnancy. They have barley referenced a Shamy baby, other then a couple of episodes. They have frequently had more focus on The Super Assymtery plot and Lenny baby. 

I'm sorry but i seriously doubt that they will have more time spent on advertising than the episode. It will be more likely that the episode will be closer to 40 minutes long. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

I'm sorry but i seriously doubt that they will have more time spent on advertising than the episode. It will be more likely that the episode will be closer to 40 minutes long. 

It could be closer 43 to 44 minutes long!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 9:23 PM, bfm said:

When asked about this interviews they say they wanted to convey the message that you don't have to have kids to be fulfilled in life or something like that and that it was interesting to have a character take a different route. That's all nice in theory but they ignore that they just dropped this on a character out of the blue, that it doesn't fit the characters and what we've seen before and the heavy reprecussions it has for the characters in what is supposed to be a feel-good show.

They think this message is news? That's a worthless explanation as it's never questioned that it's fine for a couple not to have children: it's just not right for Lenny.

What makes this explanation especially despicable is that they destroyed another message that isn't so obvious: not everybody needs a romantic relationship to be fulfilled, and not every man wants sex. That was Sheldon in Seasons 1 - 7, and very nicely expressed (eg Sheldon's speech at B & H's wedding). They destroyed that when S had to express his unconvincing love for Amy, and then S was turned into an uxorious travesty of his former self. The promotion of Shamy degraded TBBT in more than one way.

  • Like 3
  • Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

They think this message is news? That's a worthless explanation as it's never questioned that it's fine for a couple not to have children: it's just not right for Lenny.

What makes this explanation especially despicable is that they destroyed another message that isn't so obvious: not everybody needs a romantic relationship to be fulfilled, and not every man wants sex. That was Sheldon in Seasons 1 - 7, and very nicely expressed (eg Sheldon's speech at B & H's wedding). They destroyed that when S had to express his unconvincing love for Amy, and then S was turned into an uxorious travesty of his former self. The promotion of Shamy degraded TBBT in more than one way.

Hey, I agree! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year has been running a bit longer than last year, but average is around 19 minutes, which means two half hour episodes would be about 38 minutes.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 12:46 AM, Tensor said:

This year has been running a bit longer than last year, but average is around 19 minutes, which means two half hour episodes would be about 38 minutes.  

It may be longer as more story to get out may mean more time. But who knows, I'm probably wrong. It wouldn't be the first time!  :hi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Yeah I'm sure Lenny fans would love to see that ending. Not

Yeah but since when do the writers care about that?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Yeah but since when do the writers care about that?

Agreed ,the writers do what they want and it rarely what Lenny fans want. 

But at this point, we don't know what will happen in the finale , all i will say to my fellow Lennies, is I wouldn't get your hopes up  of getting anything amazing. I mean the vast majority of us wanted a Penny pregnancy , but the writers have denied us that, could it still happen? sure but it's  highly unlikely  .I think whatever they decide to do it will not go down well with all fans . I expect after we find out we will end up discussing for a while what they should of done , if the writers had not been so heavily focused on Shamy.

 

But out of curiosity ,what could happen in the finale that would make you happy?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

But out of curiosity ,what could happen in the finale that would make you happy?

The real laughing Lenny?  🙂

bts_30.gif.7a788fa7339a3e0c5db416056be27779.gif

Edited by veejay
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

But out of curiosity ,what could happen in the finale that would make you happy?

At this point I think whatever they do will be problematic because they wrote themselves into a lose-lose situation. I guess the best scenario for me would be a reveal that there was some deep reason for Penny saying she doesn't want kids and it is not that she really doesn't want them, in fact she does want kids but "gave up" on them due to something, maybe some insecurities/fears that she can overcome with Leonard's support, and they will end up having kids and being happy together. And Penny will keep enjoying and succeeding at her job because I wouldn't like that to be like her only purpose is having kids.

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bfm said:

At this point I think whatever they do will be problematic because they wrote themselves into a lose-lose situation. I guess the best scenario for me would be a reveal that there was some deep reason for Penny saying she doesn't want kids and it is not that she really doesn't want them, in fact she does want kids but "gave up" on them due to something, maybe some insecurities/fears that she can overcome with Leonard's support, and they will end up having kids and being happy together. And Penny will keep enjoying and succeeding at her job because I wouldn't like that to be like her only purpose is having kids.

2

Now the bold part could actually work ,having a heart to heart conversation with Leonard about the reason she said she didn't want kids. Leonard could be very supportive of her like you said , leading to it being  implied  that she could change her mind  ,they wouldn't have to have her say she wants kids or is pregnant just that it could happen 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zephon75 said:

Now the bold part could actually work ,having a heart to heart conversation with Leonard about the reason she said she didn't want kids. Leonard could be very supportive of her like you said , leading to it being  implied  that she could change her mind  ,they wouldn't have to have her say she wants kids or is pregnant just that it could happen 

I guess at this point her saying she may some day change her mind is the best we can hope for... And I don't have high hopes for that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zephon75 said:

Agreed ,the writers do what they want and it rarely what Lenny fans want. 

The writers seem to think Lenny are happy and that's all they think they have promised. Not sure why.

 

37 minutes ago, bfm said:

I guess at this point her saying she may some day change her mind is the best we can hope for... And I don't have high hopes for that...

I don't either.

 

1 hour ago, Zephon75 said:

I expect after we find out we will end up discussing for a while what they should of done , if the writers had not been so heavily focused on Shamy.

The whole thing got messed up when they wrote in two pregnancies for Melissa. I really think that's where the pregnancy problems for Lenny started. They'd done two kids for Howardette and didn't want to do anymore. Feel free to disagree but I still think Howardette's kids sank Lenny kids.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

The whole thing got messed up when they wrote in two pregnancies for Melissa. I really think that's where the pregnancy problems for Lenny started. They'd done two kids for Howardette and didn't want to do anymore. Feel free to disagree but I still think Howardette's kids sank Lenny kids.

But they still made kids for Shamy, will probably make ‘em for Raj/Any, Stuart/Denice, maybe even for Bert, Kripke, Leslie Winkle... But Lenny? Those two as parents? Nooo, who would want that...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The whole thing got messed up when they wrote in two pregnancies for Melissa. I really think that's where the pregnancy problems for Lenny started. They'd done two kids for Howardette and didn't want to do anymore. Feel free to disagree but I still think Howardette's kids sank Lenny kids.

And yet......Shamy?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smartandbeautiful said:

But they still made kids for Shamy, will probably make ‘em for Raj/Any, Stuart/Denice, maybe even for Bert, Kripke, Leslie Winkle... But Lenny? Those two as parents? Nooo, who would want that...

They may alllude to the Shamy and Stunise kids, or show them in a time jump, but I don't think we'll see them otherwise. I'm not sure about anyone else. I  don't think the writers are interested in doing any more kids during TBBT at all. I could be wrong, but I'm just not feeling it.

2 minutes ago, Itwasdestined said:

And yet......Shamy?

That came up after YS started. I don't know why.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The writers seem to think Lenny are happy and that's all they think they have promised. Not sure why.

 

I don't either.

 

The whole thing got messed up when they wrote in two pregnancies for Melissa. I really think that's where the pregnancy problems for Lenny started. They'd done two kids for Howardette and didn't want to do anymore. Feel free to disagree but I still think Howardette's kids sank Lenny kids.

Absolutely agree with your comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

They may alllude to the Shamy and Stunise kids, or show them in a time jump, but I don't think we'll see them otherwise. I'm not sure about anyone else. I  don't think the writers are interested in doing any more kids during TBBT at all. I could be wrong, but I'm just not feeling it.

I don’t think anyone really cares about Stunise or even Raj/Anu kids. My point is that the only couple who would be perfectly natural and just amazing at being parents is not going to have kids. (IMO, of course!)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

I don't expect anything huge at all for Lenny in the final episode, all focus will probably be just on Shamy.

o_166.gif.2bca12bbdb6914f032e41ea66ad24339.gif

Defeatist!  😄

--------------------------------------------------

114576_0099b_FULL.thumb.jpg.6a6d321aefae852e32a151be75329adc.jpg

I recognize an united front.  (Click to enlarge)

S12/EP18 - The Laureate Accumulation - Promos

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

I don't expect anything huge at all for Lenny in the final episode, all focus will probably be just on Shamy.

Well if that is your expectation you'll get what you deserve lol. I think Shamy well be a big chunk of the finalie with their Nobel Prize plot. But as it is the series final. I am relatively confident it well be balanced. I think seeing it is an hour, a show like TBBT benefits from more time. Regardless of Ads. I can see the whole Penny was insecure. It is cannon after all. Her whole characterization has been her putting up safeguards, to protect her insecurities. So in theory they could bring that up, and Penny gives birth. Or they could go the accidental route. Would make sense for Lenny, Penny gets pregnant by accident, and it is unexpected. 

I also think another possible plot line for them is Penny's Career. A move to becoming an actress again, or she gets a job offer. She meet the man in the industry in the last episode. Got his card, a job offer could arise from that. And Lenny couple episodes before finalie go house hunting. And they move. With possibly twins (When Penny gives Birth). Of course I would love if they showed a montage of Lenny through out the series. I also always wanted the Elevator to be fixed in the Series Final. I had this idea they all go in the elevator, when they are leaving the apt for the final time. And it breaks down lol.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.