The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

Non-Season 12 Show Discussion

9 hours ago, BobtheBlob said:

I'll give you that about the first wedding because even I agree he made it about himself, but the second wedding not so much because if you want to say that Sheldon made it about himself, then so did Alfred becaus he did the exact same thing as Sheldon did and interrupted the ceremony, besides if I recall correctly Leonard and Penny didn't seem to mind that Sheldon intruded on their second wedding, also Sheldon's exact quote from the scene where he intruded was "excuse me, I would like to say something to someone pretty special and it just can't wait any longer.... Leonard" so to me that's not a huge intrusion, what would have been was if he had proposed to Amy then, now that would have truly ruined the wedding.

Really though, Sheldon did not make the first wedding about himself. The writers made the episode about Sheldon, but as far as the actual wedding, Leonard and Penny got married none the wiser to what was going on back home. They weren't at the wedding (Sheldon, et al). Sheldon made the get together at the Wolowitz's about him (because he was hurt and confused) but not the wedding.

Disclaimer: I am not a "shipper" and have no "ship" preference. butRajshouldgetbackwithEmilythedermatologist.

Edited by BigBang15
  • Like 1
  • Run to India 1

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

If the show was written differently, Or better IMO, the dislike for Sheldon would be quite a bit less.

Yes!  If it were not so entirely Sheldon centric.  It is one thing to have him as the/an antoginist but to have the majority of story lines feature him prominently as well as nearly every danged tag scene in Season 11 feature him.  Sheesh again.////

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hokie3457 said:

Wasn't this more of a sarcastic question/remark from Bernadette?  Regardless, it was not an invitation for SLC to come down to the front of the proceedings and push his way front and center, leaving Bernadette to finish by saying "I now pronounce you man and wife and weird other man who came with the apartment" or words to that effect.

And of course he is the antagonist; the linchpin.  It doesn't mean that I have to like it or like him or be a fan of is character.  I'm not.  His actions so often ruing things that I am watching without any extreme consequence.  Meanwhile, his wedding is a storybook affair.  When someone is about to jump ugly (Mrs. Fowler) people (Penny) jump to his defense.  Okay.  Getting myself worked up.  Just would like a handful of tag scenes that don't include SLC.  At all.  Okay rant done for now.  Sheesh......(sorry)

I agree, although some may disagree.

I don't know how to link it but the author considered Amy, Leslie, Lucy, Priya and Ramona a bad decision

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, chucky said:

Sheldon should have stood up and said his piece, not go to the front and thrust his ass in the proceedings, just as Alfred did. But that wouldn't have been funny, huh!

It could have been just as hilarious if Bernadette or his mother or anyone threatned him bodily harm if he didn't sit down and shut his mouth.....You know like Penny did to his future mother-in-law.  Sheesh yet again.  I am so worked up!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BigBang15 said:

Really though, Sheldon did not make the first wedding about himself. The writers made the episode about Sheldon, but as far as the actual wedding, Leonard and Penny got married none the wiser to what was going on back home. They weren't at the wedding (Sheldon, et al). Sheldon made the get together at the Wolowitz's about him (because he was hurt and confused) but not the wedding.

No he just made such a scene that the gang couldn't watch. It was all about him. What he did was not comedy in the least bit.

1 minute ago, hokie3457 said:

It could have been just as hilarious if Bernadette or his mother or anyone threatned him bodily harm if he didn't sit down and shut his mouth.....You know like Penny did to his future mother-in-law.  Sheesh yet again.  I am so worked up!!!!!!!

That's so right!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

If the show was written differently, Or better IMO, the dislike for Sheldon would be quite a bit less.

I agree!

s_215.gif.29161bba01632b6a710e71f91d6e46b3.gif

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Disclaimer: I am not a "shipper" and have no "ship" preference. butRajshouldgetbackwithEmilythedermatologist.

I have to disagree strongly with most of this.  Yes, he was hurt and confused.  He was repeatedly told by Amy that she needed space, needed to be away from him but he couldn't accept that.  He went somewhere that he was explicitly NOT invited and took the attention away from the others (and the viewing audience's) ability to witness his supposedly best friend get married. Something he was not in the least interested (meaning when they were on the phone from Las Vegas) in until he found a way to make it about him.  Sorry.  Again, sheesh!

BUT.....YES #butRajshouldgetbackwithEmilythedermatologist would be a wonderful, wonderful thing!!!!

10 minutes ago, chucky said:

I agree, although some may disagree.

It is their right to disagree, just as I find SLC disagreeable......(am soooo worked up.  Over a television show.  The sheeshing continues....)

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I have to disagree strongly with most of this.  Yes, he was hurt and confused.  He was repeatedly told by Amy that she needed space, needed to be away from him but he couldn't accept that.  He went somewhere that he was explicitly NOT invited and took the attention away from the others (and the viewing audience's) ability to witness his supposedly best friend get married. Something he was not in the least interested (meaning when they were on the phone from Las Vegas) in until he found a way to make it about him.  Sorry.  Again, sheesh!

BUT.....YES #butRajshouldgetbackwithEmilythedermatologist would be a wonderful, wonderful thing!!!!

It is their right to disagree, just as I find SLC disagreeable......(am soooo worked up.  Over a television show.  The sheeshing continues....)

I am so digging the sheeshing. I also agree on your assessment of SLC!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

n_349.gif.82c1f13cefd4a48a0a55470b2590cc8b.gif

Om.   😉

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, veejay said:

Om.   😉

That don't always work I tried it once, then proceeded to throw a baseball through a window. Shit Happens! :sungum:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chucky said:

That don't always work I tried it once, then proceeded to throw a baseball through a window. Shit Happens! :sungum:

It's always the teacher that counts!😀

2 minutes ago, veejay said:

It's always the teacher that counts!😀

Yeah, but that was an expensive experiment in ways to calm yourself and fail. The wife didn't appreciate my actions at all!  Of course that was years ago and hopefully she's forgotten it.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, veejay said:

Om.   😉

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!  I stepped away from the Forum and am (presently) rage free!!!!  Ommmmm, indeed!!!  (thanks @veejay ??)

26 minutes ago, chucky said:

...well, at least the baseball was meant for throwing? 

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!  I stepped away from the Forum and am (presently) rage free!!!!  Ommmmm, indeed!!!  (thanks @veejay ??)

...well, at least the baseball was meant for throwing? 

At the time, the wife didn't see the humor in what I did. Don't know why she was so upset, I paid to replace the window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Absolutely right. Here (again) one of my favourite scenes just as a fun confirmation. 😀

s_215.gif.29161bba01632b6a710e71f91d6e46b3.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

At the time, the wife didn't see the humor in what I did. Don't know why she was so upset, I paid to replace the window.

Well, be proud of her.  She seems to be a tough birdy too. 😀

misc_269.gif.974182928cee9f882cef3e111d23fca8.gif

(of course, I'm just kidding!)

I don’t strongly disagree with any of the plus/minus analysis. I think it would have been hilarious for example to see  (original) Sheldon/Amy get married and live together purely to procreate geniuses in a somewhat socially acceptable way.  I do think the categories of save/hurt the show are too strong for the contributions of all but the core characters and maybe Stuart.  

Edited by MsGreentea

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Did anyone read the article on Screen Rant about the show. The 5 casting decisions that hurt the show and the 15 that saved it.

I did. I was interested in what they would say about Sheldon due to all the discussion about Jim being the one to call it quits.

They said: "When The Big Bang Theory began, it was clear that the series was thought of as Leonard’s series with Sheldon as the eccentric second banana roommate whose hijinks were entertaining sideplots.  However, it didn’t take long for that to change: The Big Bang Theory is now, and will probably always be, known as Sheldon’s show. How could it not be, with the master class of a performance that Jim Parsons has turned in season after season for eleven years? Sheldon is truly a one of a kind character, embodying the fragility that comes with being a child genius all grown up, and yet never once failing in his commitment to his scientific pursuits, nerdy fandom, and love of all things mathematics. When he’s been given the occasional emotional moment over the years, Parsons has elevated his often unintentionally hilarious humor into a truly moving display of human growth and feeling.  it was Parsons’ decision to walk away from the series that led to the decision to end it all after twelve seasons – and with that particular decision, we can’t say we disagree."

I agree with that.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, veejay said:

Well, be proud of her.  She seems to be a tough birdy too. 😀

misc_269.gif.974182928cee9f882cef3e111d23fca8.gif

(of course, I'm just kidding!)

She is a tough birdie. She sorta reminds me of Bernadette, except she's Filipino. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I did. I was interested in what they would say about Sheldon due to all the discussion about Jim being the one to call it quits.

They said: "When The Big Bang Theory began, it was clear that the series was thought of as Leonard’s series with Sheldon as the eccentric second banana roommate whose hijinks were entertaining sideplots.  However, it didn’t take long for that to change: The Big Bang Theory is now, and will probably always be, known as Sheldon’s show. How could it not be, with the master class of a performance that Jim Parsons has turned in season after season for eleven years? Sheldon is truly a one of a kind character, embodying the fragility that comes with being a child genius all grown up, and yet never once failing in his commitment to his scientific pursuits, nerdy fandom, and love of all things mathematics. When he’s been given the occasional emotional moment over the years, Parsons has elevated his often unintentionally hilarious humor into a truly moving display of human growth and feeling.  was Parsons’ decision to walk away from the series that led to the decision to end it all after twelve seasons – and with that particular decision, we can’t say we disagree."

I agree with that.

😕 One actor does not make a show even the great Jim Parsons. Without Johnny, Kaley, Mayim and the rest he's just Sheldon talking to himself!

• Like 2

Just now, chucky said:

😕 One actor does not make a show even the great Jim Parsons. Without Johnny, Kaley, Mayim and the rest he's just Sheldon talking to himself!

Actually the author would disagree. She said the show was better off without Amy.

2 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Glad you liked her but I did not. I didn't like either Emily at all.