The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Non-Season 12 Show Discussion

50 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Lucy served her purpose. Raj is now talking to women

If that was all it was, alcohol served the same purpose...lol.

7 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

If that was all it was, alcohol served the same purpose...lol.

Yeah, but when he drank, he drove women away cause it made him an ass! But, Howard did say he was an ass anyway, they just couldn't hear him!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, chucky said:

Yeah, but when he drank, he drove women away cause it made him an ass! But, Howard did say he was an ass anyway, they just couldn't hear him!

What about the girl he wound up in bed with after the party?

55 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The one night stand with Cheryl? She thought he was a good listener not that he couldn't talk to women sober!

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

She just thought he was a good listener ! :)

21 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

She just thought he was a good listener ! :)

Beat ya by 10 minutes. 8)

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chucky said:

The one night stand with Cheryl? She thought he was a good listener not that he couldn't talk to women sober!

But he got a girl to sleep with him when they'd been drinking was my point. He didn't drive her away. Sorry that wasn't clear enough.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But he got a girl to sleep with him when they'd been drinking was my point. He didn't drive her away. Sorry that wasn't clear enough.

But he didn't talk to her. She said he was a great listener. The Raj that talked back then was an ass. He didn't get her, she got him because he just listened. Besides I don't think he drank that night!

Edited by chucky
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:25 AM, KripkeRules said:

It's just one opinion from one article, anyone can have different opinions and write articles about it, LOL.

Like it said Raj (Kunal) is the most underated talent of the entire cast, ummmm, no, that is Howard (Simon). 

Lucy, I actually think Lucy was more suited with Raj than Emily. 

Priya and Ramona, obviously these two characters were being used as the plot catalysts, I don't think they ruined the show, but I prefer TPTB didn't turn them into unlikable people. Priya could just break up with Leonard without cheating on him, and Ramona could play the "evil scientist" who was behind the "stealing their project" in S.10, that would be funnier than her third wheel role.

Leslie was the coolest scientist of the show when she was here, I still love her frozen banana and lazer noodles. 

And, Amy, OK, I'm biased, because she became my third favorite character gradually, but the article is just another "TBBT was better before Amy"...ugh, cry me a river, will you... But I'm surprised they said: "The gripe we have with this character has less to do with Mayim Bialik’s casting in the role – if anything, it’s hard to imagine anyone playing the uber nerd as convincingly as the former Blossom herself." This I agree. I like Mayim Bialik's acting. 

And some of those the article said "saved" the show...I can't agree with some of those. 

This entire article is just an "YMMV" thing, but I'd like to give my opinions because you know.

I haven't read the article, but let me comment on your opinions:

Lucy: I agree, even if I actually preferred Yvette the vet the most for Raj. Claire, IMO was a fiasco.

Priya: I hated the character, but I really liked the way Aarti Mann played her. IMO, that casting was perfect.

Amy: I think Mayim was cast perfectly as Amy, and as a matter of fact I like Amy more than I like Sheldon. Jim of course IS Sheldon and I happen to like Jim but I don't like Sheldon at all. I liked him more when he was more oblivious. Lately (for several seasons now) he is more mean than oblivious. As I see it he turned from genius who didn't know any better into a regular run of the mill asshole.

Ramona: I sort of agree with you but the character is too high strung for my taste.

Leslie Winkle: Another great casting. I loved her when he used to be Sheldon's nemesis. Her appearance on the 200th episode was to paraphrase Raj: "kah-kah".

What did you think of the casting of Meemah and Penny's brother? I personally hated them. I loved the casting of Sheldon's brother, though.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Ramona: I sort of agree with you but the character is too high strung for my taste.

Leslie Winkle: Another great casting. I loved her when he used to be Sheldon's nemesis. Her appearance on the 200th episode was to paraphrase Raj: "kah-kah".

What did you think of the casting of Meemah and Penny's brother? I personally hated them. I loved the casting of Sheldon's brother, though.

Totally agree!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Carlos said:

I haven't read the article, but let me comment on your opinions:

Lucy: I agree, even if I actually preferred Yvette the vet the most for Raj. Claire, IMO was a fiasco.

Priya: I hated the character, but I really liked the way Aarti Mann played her. IMO, that casting was perfect.

Amy: I think Mayim was cast perfectly as Amy, and as a matter of fact I like Amy more than I like Sheldon. Jim of course IS Sheldon and I happen to like Jim bit I don't like Sheldon at all. I liked him more when he was more oblivious. lately (for several seasons now) he is more mean than oblivious. As I see it he turned from genius who didn't know any better into a regular run of the mill asshole.

I agree most of what you are saying here. All except for the Sheldon part, but that's OK, haha. 

Yvette the vet was good too, but it was just one episode, hard to decide, Lucy was better because she got "more material" to work on, IMO.

Yes, Priya, Leslie, Amy, George, all of them are great casting.  

Oh, MeeMaw is not bad casting to me, but her plots were so bad...So the poor actress couldn't save the mess.

Penny's brother, bad casting and bad character setting, IMO.

And I want to add, IMO, Penny's Mother was not a bad casting, I like the actress, she plays Jake's Mom on Brooklyn 99 (another show I love) . But I don't like they made her "too cautiously" upon meeting Leonard's family. No need to do that, I thought Penny's Mother was some badass with a good sense of humor, not this "walking on a tight rope" style. Penny's Dad, as always, was awesome. 

I think this show has a lot of "great castings", whether people like this character or not is based on everyone's POV. Up until now, Penny's brother was the only "bad casting" to me. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, KripkeRules said:

I agree most of what you are saying here. All except for the Sheldon part, but that's OK, haha. 

Yvette the vet was good too, but it was just one episode, hard to decide, Lucy was better because she got "more material" to work on, IMO.

Yes, Priya, Leslie, Amy, George, all of them are great casting.  

Oh, MeeMaw is not bad casting to me, but her plots were so bad...So the poor actress couldn't save the mess.

Penny's brother, bad casting and bad character setting, IMO.

And I want to add, IMO, Penny's Mother was not a bad casting, I like the actress, she plays Jake's Mom on Brooklyn 99 (another show I love) . But I don't like they made her "too cautiously" upon meeting Leonard's family. No need to do that, I thought Penny's Mother was some badass with a good sense of humor, not this "walking on a tight rope" style. Penny's Dad, as always, was awesome. 

I think this show has a lot of "great castings", whether people like this character or not is based on everyone's POV. Up until now, Penny's brother was the only "bad casting" to me. 

Penny's mom is a great actress, the way she portrayed Susan was wrong. Don't know who's decision that was, it was just wrong. Memaw was the same thing. She was completely different from the way Sheldon described her. Again, not the actress's fault, 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Carlos said:

TOTALLY agree.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 9/18/2018 at 9:38 PM, Carlos said:

What did you think of the casting of Meemah and Penny's brother? I personally hated them.

I agree about the brother, but, Memaw had to go with what "The Writers" gave her. I don't think any actress could done any better with what she had to work with. So I have to put the blame solely on the writers for the Memaw debacle!

Edited by chucky

I'm probably the only one who liked the idea of Penny's brother turning out to be kind of "flaky", and not your stereotypical drug dealer. I think that fitted better that he was kind of a screw-up, not a sophisticated, greedy, very aware guy.

52 minutes ago, bfm said:

I'm probably the only one who liked the idea of Penny's brother turning out to be kind of "flaky", and not your stereotypical drug dealer. I think that fitted better that he was kind of a screw-up, not a sophisticated, greedy, very aware guy.

Well, I expected someone like Penny, tough on the outside. He was a wimp! He would have fit in good with Howard, Raj and Sheldon!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:42 AM, bfm said:

I think DJ Quails (from the episode "The Loobenfeld Decay") would have been much better, with a couple of tweaks to his role.

10 hours ago, Carlos said:

I think DJ Quails (from the episode "The Loobenfeld Decay") would have been much better, with a couple of tweaks to his role.

Totally agree!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I guess I was too busy focusing and thinking about the insipid plots than Penny's attire or hairstyle.

I saw nothing wrong really with what she is wearing, she probably has two types of attire when working, one for meeting clients and looking professional and a smart casual look when around the offices, perhaps getting ready for whatever meetings she has during the week ahead.

The only times that I had a problem Penny's attire or hair style was when she bought and wore the same shirt as Raj. Also didn't care for the Pixie cut hair style. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chucky said:

The only times that I had a problem Penny's attire or hair style was when she bought and wore the same shirt as Raj. Also didn't care for the Pixie cut hair style. 

Yeah, that was pretty OOC for Penny. If she wanted to buy matching shirts it should be with her husband and not Raj.

1 minute ago, Mario D. said:

Yeah, that was pretty OOC for Penny. If she wanted to buy matching shirts it should be with her husband and not Raj.

Why?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Why?

Well, for one I think that whole episode was OOC for Penny.  Here was Leonard feeling like a third wheel in his own marriage and they buy matching shirts. How do you think Leonard felt then. I really believe that you buy matching shirts like that to show you are a couple and Raj & Penny are not. Besides I think Leonard had a little twinge because of their history. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Well, for one I think that whole episode was OOC for Penny.  Here was Leonard feeling like a third wheel in his own marriage and they buy matching shirts. How do you think Leonard felt then. I really believe that you buy matching shirts like that to show you are a couple and Raj & Penny are not. Besides I think Leonard had a little twinge because of their history. 

Whether or not you think it was right for Penny to get matching shirts for her and Raj. I don’t think that’s proof of Penny being OOC. Maybe not being consistent with how they should be writing a unified married couple. OOC to me is not being consistent with the predisposed cannon. Theirs no previous cannon that says Penny shouldent be getting matching shirts for her and Raj. Cos that’s her and Leonard’s thing lol. OOC for me was Leonard cheating. You would really need to suspend your disbelief to think Leonard would cheat on Penny. 

But besides I would hate Leonard and Penny to wear matching shirts. I mean ugh. They both have their own personalities. And their independence. I wouldent like them to kinda become one person, 

Edited by 3ku11

1 minute ago, Mario D. said:

I've been married a very long time and I have never bought a matching shirt with my husband.  I bought a matching shirt with my friend and co worker for a conference we were attending.  My husband thought we were hilarious. 

The problem wasn't Penny's, it's Leonard's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I've been married a very long time and I have never bought a matching shirt with my husband.  I bought a matching shirt with my friend and co worker for a conference we were attending.  My husband thought we were hilarious. 

I’m not quite seeing how the situations are the same.  We’re you ignoring  your husband to spend time with your co-worker?  Did you and your co-worker go out shopping for shirts while you ignored your husband?  Would you have continued to do it if you knew it upset your husband?

16 minutes ago, vonmar said:

The problem wasn't Penny's, it's Leonard's.

Is that because he should be happy and content his wife is spending more time with someone else, than with him?  Never mind that it is some one she’s had a sexual encounter with?

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1