Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Non-Season 12 Show Discussion

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Well, for one I think that whole episode was OOC for Penny.  Here was Leonard feeling like a third wheel in his own marriage and they buy matching shirts. How do you think Leonard felt then. I really believe that you buy matching shirts like that to show you are a couple and Raj & Penny are not. Besides I think Leonard had a little twinge because of their history. 

I thought it usually showed you were part of any sort of team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

I thought it usually showed you were part of any sort of team.

True, but the Penny and Rah team?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tensor said:

True, but the Penny and Rah team?

Good question. Only in that they had the same favorite mall activities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Can you elaborate more on why the problem was Leonard.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
 

He was clueless about his wife's work life, he pouted throughout the shopping trip, he was basically a miserable mess.

5 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I’m not quite seeing how the situations are the same.  We’re you ignoring  your husband to spend time with your co-worker?  Did you and your co-worker go out shopping for shirts while you ignored your husband?  Would you have continued to do it if you knew it upset your husband?

He came with us, we've all been friends for years.

7 minutes ago, Tensor said:

 Is that because he should be happy and content his wife is spending more time with someone else, than with him?  Never mind that it is some one she’s had a sexual encounter with?

Who called Raj and invited him to live in 4A?  Leonard did.

  • Like 3
  • Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Who called Raj and invited him to live in 4A?  Leonard did.
Interesting points. But Leonard asking him to move in was a kind & friendly gesture. Not a problem as you put it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Interesting points. But Leonard asking him to move in was a kind & friendly gesture. Not a problem as you put it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
 

Leonard inviting Raj to move in indicated to me that Leonard was over the whole "Raj & Penny" thing, so there was no problem with him living there.

  • Like 2
  • Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Leonard inviting Raj to move in indicated to me that Leonard was over the whole "Raj & Penny" thing, so there was no problem with him living there.

Not until he moved in and became Penny's new girlfriend.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leonard inviting Raj to move in indicated to me that Leonard was over the whole "Raj & Penny" thing, so there was no problem with him living there.
There wasn't until Penny began ignoring her husband and didn't think or acknowledge it was a problem. According to the taping report for the episode, there was a deleted scene where the tables were turned and Penny did not like been ignored.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, vonmar said:

He was clueless about his wife's work life, he pouted throughout the shopping trip, he was basically a miserable mess.

He was clueless about the office gossip. Penny knew Leonard wasn't into idle gossip. With Raj being more girl than man, he enjoyed the gossip. Moping during the shopping trip because he doesn't enjoy shopping, like most men plus he was ignored by Penny. Raj ,being more girl than guy, gets into shopping. He became her best female friend! Wonder why they didn't show Amy jealous about being replaced by Raj!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Leonard inviting Raj to move in indicated to me that Leonard was over the whole "Raj & Penny" thing, so there was no problem with him living there.

That is a matter of conjecture.  We don't know what Leonard was in Leonard's mind. By inviting him, kind of reluctantly I might add, he was being a good friend. However, about three episodes later both him and Penny were pushing him out the door. Maybe they realized this was not a good situation.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Whether or not you think it was right for Penny to get matching shirts for her and Raj. I don’t think that’s proof of Penny being OOC. Maybe not being consistent with how they should be writing a unified married couple. OOC to me is not being consistent with the predisposed cannon. Theirs no previous cannon that says Penny shouldent be getting matching shirts for her and Raj. Cos that’s her and Leonard’s thing lol. OOC for me was Leonard cheating. You would really need to suspend your disbelief to think Leonard would cheat on Penny. 

But besides I would hate Leonard and Penny to wear matching shirts. I mean ugh. They both have their own personalities. And their independence. I wouldent like them to kinda become one person, 

You do not think Penny was OOC in this episode?  She really ignored Leonard to do all these girly things with Raj.  She did yoga with Raj when she was supposed to go to breakfast with her husband. They go shopping and she ignores Leonard again by letting Raj play cosmetician while Leonard has to hold her purse and packages. And then I think buying the matching shirts was sort of an insult to her husband. I think Leonard had a right to be slighted in this episode.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

That is a matter of conjecture.  We don't know what Leonard was in Leonard's mind. By inviting him, kind of reluctantly I might add, he was being a good friend. However, about three episodes later both him and Penny were pushing him out the door. Maybe they realized this was not a good situation.

As usual I agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vonmar said:

He came with us, we've all been friends for years.

So, it wasn't the same situation as Penny ignoring Leonard and spending more time with Raj.

2 hours ago, vonmar said:

Who called Raj and invited him to live in 4A?  Leonard did.

 I really don't see what that has to do with him supposedly being happy and content his wife ignoring him and spending more time with Raj.  Blaming Leonard  for the way he felt about being ignored, is  like blaming Penny for Leonard kissing the girl on the North Sea, because she said he should go.  

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

You do not think Penny was OOC in this episode?  She really ignored Leonard to do all these girly things with Raj.  She did yoga with Raj when she was supposed to go to breakfast with her husband. They go shopping and she ignores Leonard again by letting Raj play cosmetician while Leonard has to hold her purse and packages. And then I think buying the matching shirts was sort of an insult to her husband. I think Leonard had a right to be slighted in this episode.

Don't forget she took Raj's opinion over Leonard's in getting that red dress!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Whether or not you think it was right for Penny to get matching shirts for her and Raj. I don’t think that’s proof of Penny being OOC. Maybe not being consistent with how they should be writing a unified married couple. OOC to me is not being consistent with the predisposed cannon. Theirs no previous cannon that says Penny shouldent be getting matching shirts for her and Raj. Cos that’s her and Leonard’s thing lol. OOC for me was Leonard cheating. You would really need to suspend your disbelief to think Leonard would cheat on Penny. 

But besides I would hate Leonard and Penny to wear matching shirts. I mean ugh. They both have their own personalities. And their independence. I wouldent like them to kinda become one person, 

What was OOC to me was that Penny would like to buy matching shirt with Raj. Penny wanting to be identified as somehow related to him was OOC, IMO.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bfm said:

What was OOC to me was that Penny would like to buy matching shirt with Raj. Penny wanting to be identified as somehow related to him was OOC, IMO.

I don’t think she was trying to relate to him. I just think it was a random fun thing she thought was funny. Which is consistent with her personality 

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

So, it wasn't the same situation as Penny ignoring Leonard and spending more time with Raj.

 I really don't see what that has to do with him supposedly being happy and content his wife ignoring him and spending more time with Raj.  Blaming Leonard  for the way he felt about being ignored, is  like blaming Penny for Leonard kissing the girl on the North Sea, because she said he should go.  

Penny never kissed Raj though. It was just like David Underhill season 2. Penny oblivious to Leonard’s feelings. And she’s responsible. But Leonard also not being direct. So it’s his fault partly too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

I don’t think she was trying to relate to him. I just think it was a random fun thing she thought was funny. Which is consistent with her personality 

I think in any other episode as soon a she saw Raj in that shirt she would change

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

But Leonard also not being direct. So it’s his fault partly too. 

Usually I agree with you, but not this time. Leonard did not have any blame in this instance. This was all on Penny's shoulders. She's the one that ignored her husband, spent all that time with Raj, bought and wore matching shirts with Raj, She's the one who took Raj's opinion on that Red Dress over her husband. That was all on Penny.

5 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think in any other episode as soon a she saw Raj in that shirt she would change

She wouldn't have bought it knowing Raj did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Penny never kissed Raj though. It was just like David Underhill season 2. Penny oblivious to Leonard’s feelings. And she’s responsible. But Leonard also not being direct. So it’s his fault partly too. 

Actually she admitted to kissing Raj, so yes, she did kiss him.  

But, that was not the point. Another poster blamed  for Penny’s behavior, because he invited (after Penny agreed) Rah to move in.  I just pointed out blaming Leonard for Penny’s behavior in that situation, is the same as blaming Penny for Leonard’s behavior on the North Sea, because she said he should go. 

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I don’t think she was trying to relate to him. I just think it was a random fun thing she thought was funny. Which is consistent with her personality 

Penny never kissed Raj though. It was just like David Underhill season 2. Penny oblivious to Leonard’s feelings. And she’s responsible. But Leonard also not being direct. So it’s his fault partly too. 

But Leonard did confront both Penny and Raj in his bumbling sort of way. When they both had the matching shirts on he tried to tell them he wasn't happy with the situation but Raj kept explaining it his way.  Also, when he called them "Hey, Olsen twins"  they should have got the message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

But Leonard did confront both Penny and Raj in his bumbling sort of way. When they both had the matching shirts on he tried to tell them he wasn't happy with the situation but Raj kept explaining it his way.  Also, when he called them "Hey, Olsen twins"  they should have got the message.

Well, Raj is completely clueless. Penny should have recognized not only that but that her husband mood in general!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bfm said:

What was OOC to me was that Penny would like to buy matching shirt with Raj. Penny wanting to be identified as somehow related to him was OOC, IMO.

What was OOC was her not being a good friend Raj wasn't supposed to be spending money so Penny shouldn't have been encouraging him. Also, he was learning to pay his own way and yet according to Leonard Raj was living there for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just throwing this in here:

Leonard: "I know, but he was my friend first. It’s like she’s stealing him and they’re just having the best time doing all their dumb girly stuff together."

Leonard's complaint wasn't so much that Penny ignored him but rather that Raj ignored him and didn't do fun non-girly stuff with him.

  • Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, April said:

Just throwing this in here:

Leonard: "I know, but he was my friend first. It’s like she’s stealing him and they’re just having the best time doing all their dumb girly stuff together."

Leonard's complaint wasn't so much that Penny ignored him but rather that Raj ignored him and didn't do fun non-girly stuff with him.

Personally, I feel that was Leonard being sarcastic. Everybody knows Raj was Howard's friend. Raj just tagged along with Howard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, April said:

Just throwing this in here:

Leonard: "I know, but he was my friend first. It’s like she’s stealing him and they’re just having the best time doing all their dumb girly stuff together."

Leonard's complaint wasn't so much that Penny ignored him but rather that Raj ignored him and didn't do fun non-girly stuff with him.

 

From the horse's mouth so to speak.

That's the impression I got at the time as well, he would have had no problem Raj crashing there if he and Raj were actually doing things together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.