gr_60.gif.7a5e5597e41acd2a7f336f657c7c19bd.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, veejay said:

That would be too funny. This isn't a comedy we're talking about, right? 😎

gr_60.gif.7a5e5597e41acd2a7f336f657c7c19bd.gif

Sometimes I wonder!  😄

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

He did not see them as dates.

What he thinks doesn't matter. Ramona probably did and he failed to tell her. So it could be conceived by others that he was dating Ramona. But that's open to each person's interpretation!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaisyJane said:

I'll give you Leslie, casual and brief as that always was, but the French teacher, seriously? We never even saw her or their relationship and it has never been of any relevance to the show.

Again, hate Sheldon, and even if I didn't it'd be completely irrelevant to the discussion. Total non-sequitur. 

You said the following and I quote:

“Probably Penny,  even though he's cheated on every established girlfriend he's had,”

I just provided you two established girlfriends he didn’t cheat on and proved your statement wrong.   Even his attempted cheating on Priya and Penny were not followed through because his nice guy conscious wouldn’t allow him to do that.  Add to that he confessed to both Priya and Penny he did it, so I don’t think you can classify Leonard as a normal cheater, because he never followed through with his cheating then confessed what he did to each woman he cheated on.

3 hours ago, DaisyJane said:

The redheaded doctor Howard liked? They dated one episode. 

She wasn’t Howard’s girlfriend and she told Leonard that Howard never had a chance with her so there is no cheating by either Leonard or Stephanie.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SRAM said:

“Probably Penny,  even though he's cheated on every established girlfriend he's had,”

I just provided you two established girlfriends he didn’t cheat on and proved your statement wrong.   Even his attempted cheating on Priya and Penny were not followed through because his nice guy conscious wouldn’t allow him to do that.  Add to that he confessed to both Priya and Penny he did it, so I don’t think you can classify Leonard as a normal cheater, because he never followed through with his cheating then confessed what he did to each woman he cheated on.

So true! 

2 hours ago, Sah said:

This makes zero sense to me. Your saying when I took a male friend to a world series game because he is a big baseball fan that I was cheating on my boyfriend who hates baseball?  Just because we did the world series does not mean I was interested in him or vise versa. We simply had a mutual interest. Sheldon was too naive to see that Ramona was coming on to him. He went to Amy imediately when he realized what Ramona was up too. Leonard can not say the same. He knew what was going on during all cheating senerios and didn't come clean.  Sheldon is many things. A cheater he is not. That is Leonard's department.

How is this like your boyfriend being out of town and you are going swimming with, having lunch and dinners and spending a lot of time, during and after work, with your male friend.  You are comparing apples to oranges, try comparing apples to apples.  Sheldon was also warned by his friends about Ramona and he ignored them, no one warned Leonard about Mandy, which he ended the kiss with as soon as he realized what was happening, just like Sheldon.  Concerning Penny, for someone who hates cheaters, because she was one previously, she did almost nothing to discourage Leonard from seeing that girl, you could say she her lack of telling him that he shouldn’t do it was actually enabling him.

• Confused 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, SRAM said:

She wasn’t Howard’s girlfriend and she told Leonard that Howard never had a chance with her so there is no cheating by either Leonard or Stephanie.  

They didn’t cheat but Leonard IMO was wrong in not telling Howard he was in a relationship with Stephanie especially after Howard  kept calling her. The only reason Howard found out was from Stephanie.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

They didn’t cheat but Leonard IMO was wrong in not telling Howard he was in a relationship with Stephanie especially after Howard  kept calling her. The only reason Howard found out was from Stephanie.

He did try to tell him, it was just that Stephanie called first.  Leonard kept a lot of secrets about Howard from Bernadette, which Raj spilled some at the party, so he is still a good friend to Howard, even after the Stephanie thing.

20 minutes ago, SRAM said:

How is this like your boyfriend being out of town and you are going swimming with, having lunch and dinners and spending a lot of time, during and after work, with your male friend.  You are comparing apples to oranges, try comparing apples to apples.  Sheldon was also warned by his friends about Ramona and he ignored them, no one warned Leonard about Mandy, which he ended the kiss with as soon as he realized what was happening, just like Sheldon.  Concerning Penny, for someone who hates cheaters, because she was one previously, she did almost nothing to discourage Leonard from seeing that girl, you could say she her lack of telling him that he shouldn’t do it was actually enabling him.

But when did Sheldon tell Amy about Ramona and when did Leonard tell Penny about Mandy?  Big difference.

• Like 5

Pretty hard for Leonard to tell Penny about Mandy right away when the writers didn't pull it out of their collective ass until much later.

Edited by gsxdoug
grammer
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

Pretty hard for Leonard to tell Penny about Mandy right away when the writers didn't pull it out of their collective ass until much later.

Yeah, not even a hint until 8/24!

14 minutes ago, vonmar said:

But when did Sheldon tell Amy about Ramona and when did Leonard tell Penny about Mandy?  Big difference.

Writers didn't decide about adding the boat kiss til 8/24! His not telling Penny is on the writers!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yeah, not even a hint until 8/24!

Writers didn't decide about adding the boat kiss til 8/24! His not telling Penny is on the writers!

Ah, I see, some characters have serious personal flaws and some are just poorly written.  Got it.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Make a lot more sense than that 2

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

Ah, I see, some characters are seriously flawed and some are just poorly written.  Got it.

Yes, Sheldon is seriously flawed and Leonard's part was poorly written. Good Night.

12 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Ah, I see, some characters have serious personal flaws and some are just poorly written.  Got it.

The fact remains, Mandy and the boat kiss didn't even exist until the writers retconned it to add unnecessary drama to the season finally, so yeah, it is on them.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

The roasting of Leonard continues. Wow. Leonard was young and all these women throwing themselves at him must have been overwhelming. Especially a guy that never had that/ the attention when schooling. Yeah I would have done exactly the same, but the difference is I would have gone all the way. Leonard didnt. Respect due. Imo Leonard fell to temptations as we all do at some point in life, we are only human, but in the end, he did the right thing and came to his senses. I think there is a lot of jealousy of the Leonard character. Some ppls dont like that he is the best out of all the characters on the show.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

It seems to me without Leonard there would be no group of 7. No others on the show can say that. He is directly or indirectly responsible for 3 married couples and two kids. Again no other character can say that. To me with all his faults that one positive above is bigger than any positive you can come up with. It’s seems everyone’s life is better because of him

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It seems to me without Leonard there would be no group of 7. No others on the show can say that. He is directly or indirectly responsible for 3 married couples and two kids. Again no other character can say that. To me with all his faults that one positive above is bigger than any positive you can come up with. It’s seems everyone’s life is better because of him

Re-watch the Cooper Extraction. Pretty good episode on how Sheldon has impacted the group. One of my favorite episodes :)

• Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

11 hours ago, DaisyJane said:

Sure, things that happened on-screen are factual inconsistencies. Nice dig. 

1) Cherry picking only the examples which prove your point is not presenting things in a fair way.

2) Your description of said things that happened on-screen is not accurate, IMO. Enough said.

3) I don't think that it would be productive for us to enter in a heated and prolonged discussion. You're not going to convince me to think like you do and I will probably not convince you to think like I do either.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sah said:

This makes zero sense to me. Are you saying when I took a male friend to a world series game because he is a big baseball fan that I was cheating on my boyfriend who hates baseball?  Just because we did the world series does not mean I was interested in him or vise versa. We simply had a mutual interest. Sheldon was too naive to see that Ramona was coming on to him. He went to Amy imediately when he realized what Ramona was up too. Leonard cannot say the same. He knew what was going on during all cheating scenarios and didn't come clean.  Sheldon is many things. A cheater he is not. That is Leonard's department.

Your statement in regards to Leonard is condescending, but OK. What are all the cheating scenarios? Are you talking about the boat kiss? Which is an OOC invention by the writers 2 years after the fact? In regards to your going to the World series game with a male friend, didn't your boyfriend know? If you told him , IMO it was OK, but if you didn't while I wouldn't consider it cheating, I wouldn't think it's OK either. Btw I hate bringing in real life events into the discussion, and I'm doing so only because you used them as an example.

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

No, but you have to admit that it was pretty OOC the thing about the boat kiss. And also that the writers waited 2 full years after the fact to even mention it. I think that is the only time they have ever done that on the show. On top of which it makes no sense whatsoever that Leonard told her when he did.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sah said:

Re-watch the Cooper Extraction. Pretty good episode on how Sheldon has impacted the group. One of my favorite episodes :)

Not sure what that has anything to with my point. Was my point wrong? Also in extraction Amy wouldn’t exist.

Edited by Chrismo

15 hours ago, chucky said:

What he thinks doesn't matter. Ramona probably did and he failed to tell her. So it could be conceived by others that he was dating Ramona. But that's open to each person's interpretation!

Yes, and since he TOLD Ramona he had a girlfriend I interpret it as  him not seeing that she was hoping to ruin that relationship. He's no expert on women.

But I never thought Leonard kissing Mandy was cheating, either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yes, and since he TOLD Ramona he had a girlfriend I interpret it as  him not seeing that she was hoping to ruin that relationship. He's no expert on women.

True, bit the gang warned him and continued on his merry way with her. To tell the truth, I'm tired of this subject. Everything said is open to individual interpretation.