Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoiler Free] Spoiler Free Season 12 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

This thread is for Spoiler Free discussion for Season 12.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 8:22 PM, Tensor said:

This thread is for Spoiler Free discussion for Season 12.  

Tensor, on the index page the header for this topic says Season 11. And despite your very busy schedule, thanks for getting Season 12 threads up and running! 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

Tensor, on the index page the header for this topic says Season 11. And despite your very busy schedule, thanks for getting Season 12 threads up and running! 😃

Thanks for pointing that out.  🙂 It's been fixed.   Tripper and I discussed it, we wanted it up no later than the end of the second week of July.  He created the Season 12 forum about a week ago, which allowed me to fit it in when I could.   There are several other threads that are currently hidden, and will go up once the season starts.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tensor said:

Thanks for pointing that out.  🙂 It's been fixed.   Tripper and I discussed it, we wanted it up no later than the end of the second week of July.  He created the Season 12 forum about a week ago, which allowed me to fit it in when I could.   There are several other threads that are currently hidden, and will go up once the season starts.  

By all means, you and Tripper should take the set up at your own pace. There isn't really anything to even discuss yet, and certainly nothing mission critical. Thanks again to you both for diverting from RL to prepare for S12! 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GivesAWhit said:

Tensor, on the index page the header for this topic says Season 11. And despite your very busy schedule, thanks for getting Season 12 threads up and running! 😃

Nice catch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering what everyone is thinking of the last season so far. (Oh goodness I sure hope it being the last is not a spoiler🙊) I have not been that impressed so far. I'm not sure what I'm looking for but maybe a little more pizazz than what we've been getting. They should be setting up a pretty epic finish here and it seems like they are lazily writing episodes. Obviously there could be greater episodes coming and I hope that is true. Curious to know what anyone else thinks. 

I guess I could be more specific about what I don't like. My opinion of course. 

Not a fan of Raj's finance storyline. Seems like a pretty lame ending for a romantic like him but hopefully if she sticks around, I'll find a way to enjoy it. 

Not a fan of Penny's all of a sudden I don't want kids storyline. I feel like that came out of nowhere and was not handled in the best way. 

I understand not wanting kids on the set but it's crazy to me that Howardette has two kids and we never get any storylines about them. What was the point? 

No major issues with Shamy. They are doing good. It's cute seeing them married and happy. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dana1010 said:

Not a fan of Raj's finance storyline. Seems like a pretty lame ending for a romantic like him but hopefully if she sticks around, I'll find a way to enjoy it. 

I think TPTB wrote a kinda clever twist on this Raj's engagement thing. We know Raj has been a huge fan of Sandra Bullock over the years, he even talked about this with Anu again in that episode, so when Anu proposed to him, on her knees, like one of Sandy B's movie - The proposal - then, the fact that Raj accepted it "kinda" made sense. He was a romantic after all. 

That being said, I want to see more of Anu to make a better judgement about this. Now, I don't think she is "the one" for Raj.

 

Overall, I think some of the episodes were funny, some of them were boring, so I have mixed feelings about this season so far. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Not a fan of Penny's all of a sudden I don't want kids storyline. I feel like that came out of nowhere and was not handled in the best way. 

IMO it was totally out of nowhere and was handled very badly. This episode upset me sooo much.

I'm on the fence about Anu. Maybe it will work out. We haven't seem enough of them together yet.

So far each episode either bored me or upset me. I wish they somehow make me change my mind but so far I wish this season never existed.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

IMO it was totally out of nowhere and was handled very badly. This episode upset me sooo much.

I'm on the fence about Anu. Maybe it will work out. We haven't seem enough of them together yet.

So far each episode either bored me or upset me. I wish they somehow make me change my mind but so far I wish this season never existed.

I certainly agree. There has been some giggles this season, but on the whole for me disappointment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The season is okay. NOT great. I didn't want them to extend the show last time because I thought it was running on fumes. Jim is my hero for calling it quits now instead of dragging this out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The season is okay. NOT great. I didn't want them to extend the show last time because I thought it was running on fumes. Jim is my hero for calling it quits now instead of dragging this out.

I wouldn't say it's okay. Just better than watching the news! I will however agree with your assessment of Jim calling it quits and not dragging it out longer than needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to say that I really enjoyed last weeks episode. The impersonations of each others characters was well done. I would have liked Howardette to dress as Shamy but it was still a fun episode. I imagine it was an entertaining taping as well. Anu is somewhat growing on me. Her and Raj's costume was pretty cool. Why was Lenny not in a couple's costume? It seemed weird that they weren't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dana1010 said:

Why was Lenny not in a couple's costume? It seemed weird that they weren't. 

It turns out they were originally supposed to be. Penny was supposed to be Penny from "Inspector Gadget", but the writers thought it was becoming weird with the kiss related dialogue, because Penny was the inspector's niece. I think they should've included the explanation in a joke, like Penny saying she was planning on that but decided against it because it would be creepy considering their plans for the night...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bfm said:

It turns out they were originally supposed to be. Penny was supposed to be Penny from "Inspector Gadget", but the writers thought it was becoming weird with the kiss related dialogue, because Penny was the inspector's niece. I think they should've included the explanation in a joke, like Penny saying she was planning on that but decided against it because it would be creepy considering their plans for the night...

Yeah, they didn't to be in couples costumes. I'm not sure if they've ever been in couples costumes, that's not their thing! Even at Stuart's Halloween Party, they went as Sexy Cop and Albert Einstein! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Why was Lenny not in a couple's costume? It seemed weird that they weren't. 

Because even as they age the writers have to reduce Penny to being something sexy. They can't see any other point to her unless it's drunk jokes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chucky said:

Yeah, they didn't to be in couples costumes. I'm not sure if they've ever been in couples costumes, that's not their thing! Even at Stuart's Halloween Party, they went as Sexy Cop and Albert Einstein! 

They wore matching/resembling costumes twice before, just not on Halloween. Valentine's day and pre-Christmas (getting a tree).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bfm said:

They wore matching/resembling costumes twice before, just not on Halloween. Valentine's day and pre-Christmas (getting a tree).

They did, but I was thinking Halloween costumes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 11:20 PM, bfm said:

It turns out they were originally supposed to be. Penny was supposed to be Penny from "Inspector Gadget", but the writers thought it was becoming weird with the kiss related dialogue, because Penny was the inspector's niece. I think they should've included the explanation in a joke, like Penny saying she was planning on that but decided against it because it would be creepy considering their plans for the night...

Omg why did they not do that! It would have been so perfect. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Omg why did they not do that! It would have been so perfect. 

It would have been perfect, but what we got was pretty good as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone staying spoiler free for the final season? What do we think as the show gets near the end? 

I'm anxious to see how they wrap everything up. I'm thinking Amy will end up pregnant at the end. I got major vibes in a recent episode when her and Sheldon were playing experiments on Howardette's kids. Looking forward to the end. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dana1010 said:

Is anyone staying spoiler free for the final season? What do we think as the show gets near the end? 

No, I would never stay spoiler free. I love spoilers. I love to see how the scenes described are played by the actors and if anything gets changed. But I think as they go to solely VIP seating we won't get any.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I think for the rest of the season spoilers will be a rare feat - especially TRs as barely anyone will get into the final tapings

 

Edited by April
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

No, I would never stay spoiler free. I love spoilers. I love to see how the scenes described are played by the actors and if anything gets changed. But I think as they go to solely VIP seating we won't get any.

Agreed !  It's the reason I originally went on the internet in AD 2000 when Frasier was at its height.  So far this week we've heard nothing and I'm still excited when I see there's a new post in case somebody's got home and written something about it. I like to compare the finished product with the 'raw' version described by audience members.  TBH  there have been many episodes when the TR has been more fun to read than the eventual broadcast has been to watch. When they change the scenes or cut something out, if we're spoiler free we don't know what's missing. I wish they'd release those  unused scenes and lines.   I also enjoy reading about what a wonderful time members had when they went to the taping. It's obviously an experience some people will remember all their lives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 4:24 AM, joyceraye said:

Agreed !  It's the reason I originally went on the internet in AD 2000 when Frasier was at its height.  So far this week we've heard nothing and I'm still excited when I see there's a new post in case somebody's got home and written something about it. I like to compare the finished product with the 'raw' version described by audience members.  TBH  there have been many episodes when the TR has been more fun to read than the eventual broadcast has been to watch. When they change the scenes or cut something out, if we're spoiler free we don't know what's missing. I wish they'd release those  unused scenes and lines.   I also enjoy reading about what a wonderful time members had when they went to the taping. It's obviously an experience some people will remember all their lives.

😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.