The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

Season 12 Chit Chat Thread

42 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

How did The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Golden Girls end ? I used to watch those but had no idea what happened when they ended. We may not have been shown all of them and wouldn't have been told they were ending anyway.

45 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

How did The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Golden Girls end ? I used to watch those but had no idea what happened when they ended. We may not have been shown all of them and wouldn't have been told they were ending anyway.

9 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Thank you very much ! It seems both series ended when the premise of the series ended - a workplace situation came to an end when the workers lost their jobs and a home-sharing situation ended when a sharer left the home. The premise of TBBT - a group of scientists being friends - isn't going to end, I hope. They can't take their science away and nobody's going to want to see friendships end at this stage.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Thank you very much ! It seems both series ended when the premise of the series ended - a workplace situation came to an end when the workers lost their jobs and a home-sharing situation ended when a sharer left the home. The premise of TBBT - a group of scientists being friends - isn't going to end, I hope. They can't take their science away and nobody's going to want to see friendships end at this stage.

A big part of TBBT's premise is also the living situation since it started with Penny moving into 4b so I always thought the show ending with Shamy and/or Lenny moving out would make a nice symmetry. But then again it's similar to Friends in that regard and I think at some point someone (Holland? Lorre??) said in an interview they won't do that so idk...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, April said:

A big part of TBBT's premise is also the living situation since it started with Penny moving into 4b so I always thought the show ending with Shamy and/or Lenny moving out would make a nice symmetry. But then again it's similar to Friends in that regard and I think at some point someone (Holland? Lorre??) said in an interview they won't do that so idk.

Who knows! Maybe the writers will give something good and original! For what it's worth, I'm hoping Lenny moves from the building and Shamy moves into 4A!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Chrismo said:

i hate to compare Friends and TBBT again I think there the type of shows that needed or will need a dramatic ending.

So basically, the show needs to end with a “Big Bang!” 

MilkyCheerfulIguanodon-size_restricted.g

On 3/5/2019 at 5:00 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

The only ones I remember were MASH and SOAP and those weren't typical sitcoms.

Wow, SOAP... there’s a good one I’d forgotten about. That show IMO broke all the rules of common decency for national broadcast television. I don’t remember the finale, though. Was it when Jessica died and Benson sat bedside by her?

21 minutes ago, Data Geek said:

Wow, SOAP... there’s a good one I’d forgotten about. That show IMO broke all the rules of common decency for national broadcast television. I don’t remember the finale, though. Was it when Jessica died and Benson sat bedside by her?

That was the show that really got Billy Crystal and Robert Guillaume started. It had a great cast. Susan Harris, who also did the Golden Girls,  had planned five seasons of Soap, but the program was canceled unexpectedly by ABC after its fourth season. Therefore, the final one-hour episode, which originally aired in April, 1981, did not serve as a proper series finale and instead ended with several unresolved cliffhangers. Chester was preparing to kill his son, Danny, and Annie, his wife, after catching them in bed together, a hypnotized Jodie believed himself to be a 90-year-old Jewish man, Burt was walking into an ambush set up by his political enemies, and Jessica had been kidnapped and got shot. I think she appeared to Benson as an apparition later on, on his Benson show. The Tate family, since her body had never been found, was seeking to have her declared legally dead, and he heard about that. In that episode of Benson, Jessica appears to Benson and only he can see or hear her. She reveals to him that she isn't dead, but in a coma somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shamy is definitely going to move out of the building because they'll have at least two kids and both apartements are way too small.

But I doubt we're going to see it, maybe a mention of Shamy house hunting.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

The point is the last scene and closure to the characters. Doesn't matter what the premise is. The Final Episode of Mary Tyler Moore is very well regarded as The Gold Standard for Series Finales. 

12 minutes ago, ShamyScience said:

Shamy is definitely going to move out of the building because they'll have at least two kids and both apartements are way too small.

Amy not even Pregnant. That won't happen by the time of the  series finale.Only if they did flash forward clips to what the characters are up to in the future 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That was the show that really got Billy Crystal and Robert Guillaume started. It had a great cast. Susan Harris, who also did the Golden Girls,  had planned five seasons of Soap, but the program was canceled unexpectedly by ABC after its fourth season. Therefore, the final one-hour episode, which originally aired in April, 1981, did not serve as a proper series finale and instead ended with several unresolved cliffhangers. Chester was preparing to kill his son, Danny, and Annie, his wife, after catching them in bed together, a hypnotized Jodie believed himself to be a 90-year-old Jewish man, Burt was walking into an ambush set up by his political enemies, and Jessica had been kidnapped and got shot. I think she appeared to Benson as an apparition later on, on his Benson show. The Tate family, since her body had never been found, was seeking to have her declared legally dead, and he heard about that. In that episode of Benson, Jessica appears to Benson and only he can see or hear her. She reveals to him that she isn't dead, but in a coma somewhere.

The bold portion?  Sounds exactly like the narrator that opens each episode:  "Last week....".  Then the opening:  "This is the story of two sisters:  Jessica Tate and Mary Campbell.  These are the Tates.  These are the Campbells.  And this is Soap."

Also, the actor who played Danny was Ted Wass who played Blossom's (Mayim Bialik) dad.   (and the theme song will be in my head for the rest of the day!!!)

Edited by hokie3457
Add parenthetical

1 hour ago, ShamyScience said:

When did shamy talk about kids? Oh, you must be thinking of that other Sheldon show. I don't watch or consider it worth referring to one bit!

• Like 1

Hmm...all this talk about how shows ended, no mention of Newhart. Bob waking up beside Suzanne Pleshette (who played his wife in the original Bob Newhart Show) and telling her about the wacky dream he had about running an inn in Vermont, certainly ranks as one of the best endings ever.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That' s some good stuff right there. Thanks. I remember seeing Billy Crystal's movie Rabbit Test at the drive-in theater. He played a gay role again, but ends getting pregnant after, if I recall correctly, having sympathy sex with his best girl friend. The rabbit done died.

I remember the last episode of SOAP. We weren't told it was the last. I noticed there hadn't been another episode and I phoned the ITV company to ask when it was coming back to our region. The lady went to find out and came back saying it was the last episode ever made by the American company. I was dumbfounded at the time that they would do that. I'd love to know even after all these years what Susan Harris had planned.

4 hours ago, chucky said:

When did shamy talk about kids? Oh, you must be thinking of that other Sheldon show. I don't watch or consider it worth referring to one bit!

From the beginning of season 4, only five times that I can recall off the top of my head. The most recent occasion I think was the night Neil Michael Wolowitz  was born. The gang were at the Wolowitz house sitting Halley and discussing names. Sheldon wanted fifteen children and Amy wanted two. Leonard referred to planning smart and beautiful babies and he and Amy both wanted a boy named Elliot. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

From the beginning of season 4, only five times that I can recall off the top of my head. The most recent occasion I think was the night Neil Michael Wolowitz  was born. The gang were at the Wolowitz house sitting Halley and discussing names. Sheldon wanted fifteen children and Amy wanted two. Leonard referred to planning smart and beautiful babies and he and Amy both wanted a boy named Elliot. 

Sorry, either I missed that episode or in my opinion it wasn't worth remembering!

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

Sorry, either I missed that episode or in my opinion it wasn't worth remembering!

Did you miss or dismiss the ones where Sheldon wanted to ' lock the door, lower our underpants a little and make a baby' when he was excited about the growth of nerve cells in Amy's lab, or where he told Amy he'd promised Raj to name all their children after him, even the girls, or the one where they were discussing their Martian children if they were accepted as a couple on the  Mars colonisation project ?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

Did you miss or dismiss the ones where Sheldon wanted to ' lock the door, lower our underpants a little and make a baby' when he was excited about the growth of nerve cells in Amy's lab, or where he told Amy he'd promised Raj to name all their children after him, even the girls, or the one where they were discussing their Martian children if they were accepted as a couple on the  Mars colonisation project ?

I probably watched it and dismissed it as something I didn't care about. I remember something about him wanting 15 kids and dismissed it as ridiculous.

7 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:
7 hours ago, ShamyScience said:

Shamy is definitely going to move out of the building because they'll have at least two kids and both apartments are way too small.

Amy not even Pregnant. That won't happen by the time of the  series finale. Only if they did flash forward clips to what the characters are up to in the future 

We're assuming the wife and  children mentioned by middle-aged or elderly Sheldon in the narration of YS  refer to Amy and her offspring, but we don't really know for certain he had only one marriage. The sensible thing anyway  is to family-home-hunt before the pregnancy if that's achievable. We could see that any time, even next episode.

Steve Molaro at last years Comic Con regarding a Shamy baby:

Steve: 'I could tell you that we do know that Amy and Sheldon ultimately have children because it was revealed in the finale line of season one of Young Sheldon...'

Mayim: 'Yeah, Jim Parsons texted me "Oh my gosh, listen to what I just read"'

Steve: '...but as far as will that happen on TBBT, we have no idea'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShamyScience said:

Steve: 'I could tell you that we do know that Amy and Sheldon ultimately have children because it was revealed in the finale line of season one of Young Sheldon...'

Mayim: 'Yeah, Jim Parsons texted me "Oh my gosh, listen to what I just read"'

Steve: '...but as far as will that happen on TBBT, we have no idea'

I hope not. If Lenny is babyless, so should Shamy, as far as TBBT goes!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/6/2019 at 5:41 PM, joyceraye said:

THANK YOU.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 5:41 PM, joyceraye said:

1. Is lowering his underpants based on excitement over nerve cells believable or for laughs?

2. Naming all his kids after Raj  believable or for laughs?

3. Naming his Martian children believable or just for laughs?

4. Sheldon mentioning  wanting 15 kids in triplets or quints believable or just laughs?

Based on the above can you really say that’s proof he wants kids? I can’t be the only that just laughed at what he said and moved on

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

1. Is lowering his underpants based on excitement over nerve cells believable or for laughs?

4. Sheldon mentioning  wanting 15 kids in triplets or quints believable or just laughs?

Based on the above can you really say that’s proof he wants kids? I can’t be the only that just laughed at what he said and moved on

TOTALLY AGREE! If Amy really thought Sheldon wanted kids, she wouldn't have needed to trick him into playing with the kids! 

Edited by chucky

46 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Last I knew this show is a comedy.

There was one whole episode of Sheldon trying to seduce Amy. I'm going to go with--he wants them.

• Like 3