The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

Season 12 Chit Chat Thread

On 3/21/2019 at 10:05 AM, Tensor said:

You got the big reason right.   It simply takes longer to film single camera shows than, multi camera.

When multiple actors start getting around a million per episode I would have thought that was the most significant cost of production.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

When multiple actors start getting around a million per episode I would have thought that was the most significant cost of production.

While true, that doesn’t alter the fact that with actor salaries being equal, the single cams cost more to produce, simply due to the longer time taken to film each scene. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tensor said:

While true, that doesn’t alter the fact that with actor salaries being equal, the single cams cost more to produce, simply due to the longer time taken to film each scene. 

That's what I've thinking!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sah said:

Uncomfortable with this conversation topic. Seems there should be a "boob thread" on this forum.

Hahaha!  I must be getting old.  The only things I noticed in the photograph was how blue everything was and why is Chuck;'s hair so dark when he is 4-5 years older than me???!!!  ("only his hairdresser knows for sure"---1960's-1970's hair coloring commercial slogan!!!)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, margarete said:

is it me or her boobs look better and better?

Can't tell with that shirt. But I hope she got what she paid for. LOL!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Hahaha!  I must be getting old.  The only things I noticed in the photograph was how blue everything was and why is Chuck;'s hair so dark when he is 4-5 years older than me???!!!  ("only his hairdresser knows for sure"---1960's-1970's hair coloring commercial slogan!!!)

Funny I thought Chuck was looking old. I didn’t notice her boobs till it was mentioned. Granted my avatar makes them more obvious.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, luminous said:

Promotional photos for episode 12.19 "The Inspiration Deprivation" are up on CBS Press Express. (geo-blocked)

114715_WB_0555b.jpg

cbspressexpress.com

Thanks for sharing!

56 minutes ago, margarete said:

is it me or her boobs look better and better? 😁

They really do look better. I'm betting Karl knows for sure!

2 hours ago, margarete said:

is it me or her boobs look better and better? 😁

Okay I have to post after you all have started “Boob-Gate”.   You know that Kaley’s boobs would look rounder and fuller if she was a month or two pregnant.  They could easily hide that for the rest of the show by putting her in looser clothes, like the sweatshirt she is wearing in that picture.  Based on her age, this would be the perfect time for her  to have a little Kaley or Karl.  The rumors now begin.

• Like 1

II would instead like to discuss Jim Parsons delightful package and ass. Seems to be perfectly shaped, perky and has a great roundness to it. His package, also seems fantastic in season one episode one. The episode where he and Leonard are de-panced. . I am looking for a picture to use as an avitar if anyone had one. Also, feel free to way in on either the package or ass discussion. I have a few theories I could share....

• Like 1

Ummmm......From last night's pictures at the taping, we have Barry Kripke back!!!  Also, has anyone remarked on Melissa's lovely Instagram post where she shared her email informing her of an audition for TBBT in 2009?  (nudging the conversation in another direction....)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Ummmm......From last night's pictures at the taping, we have Barry Kripke back!!!  Also, has anyone remarked on Melissa's lovely Instagram post where she shared her email informing her of an audition for TBBT in 2009?  (nudging the conversation in another direction....)

Thank you. It is very appreciated! I want to discuss boobs as much as you want to discuss Jim's package.

I love Kripke! So glad he back! I have not seen Melissa Instagram. But will check it out :)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sah said:

Thank you. It is very appreciated! I want to discuss boobs as much as you want to discuss Jim's package.

I love Kripke! So glad he back! I have not seen Melissa Instagram. But will check it out :)

It is really lovely.  If I was more "tech savvy" I would post it here!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

It is really lovely.  If I was more "tech savvy" I would post it here!!!

I will try...

26 minutes ago, chucky said:

Three more to Operation Tears Pour Down!

My waterworks are going to come on Saturday when I was the "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" finale (it airs in the US on Friday but time differences...). I'M NOT READY!!! The days go by and I wish I could stop them, just stop time, let it be today for at least a few years. 

I suppose this is how some here feel about TBBT

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bfm said:

My waterworks are going to come on Saturday when I was the "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" finale (it airs in the US on Friday but time differences...). I'M NOT READY!!! The days go by and I wish I could stop them, just stop time, let it be today for at least a few years. 

I suppose this is how some here feel about TBBT

Okay Dokay  :hi:

2 hours ago, bfm said:

I'll take your word for it. I've never watched it.

9 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'll take your word for it. I've never watched it.

Yeah I assumed that I was just talking about the feeling... I don't feel that way about TBBT, I guess that's the "positve" about them upswtting me so much, but some probably do 

On 4/4/2019 at 1:57 PM, bfm said:

A very cute moment, although it bothered me that it was so much like Friends, I wish they made it a tad different, but still one memorable Lenny moment.

Funny, I never noticed the resemblance to Friends. I loved Friends, but I never cared about Ross and Rachel. Of course, Ross was fairly unlikeable, but IMO the reason I had to care about Lenny and not a bit about R&R is that KC is by far the better actress.

6 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Funny, I never noticed the resemblance to Friends. I loved Friends, but I never cared about Ross and Rachel. Of course, Ross was fairly unlikeable, but IMO the reason I had to care about Lenny and not a bit about R&R is that KC is by far the better actress.

Hmm Jennifer Anniston won 1 Emmy, and 2 Golden Globes for her portrayal of Rachel. It was one of the best comedic performances in tv history. I’m not disagreeing with you Re Kaley. I’m just saying I don’t think lack of appeal comparing Lenny to R and R. Is level of acting. 

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Hmm Jennifer Anniston won 1 Emmy, and 2 Golden Globes for her portrayal of Rachel. It was one of the best comedic performances in tv history. I’m not disagreeing with you Re Kaley. I’m just saying I don’t think lack of appeal comparing Lenny to R and R. Is level of acting. 

interesting

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

She won 1 Emmy and 1 Golden Globe for the same Episode of Friends and mostly because she put on a better performance for the Episode she submitted then ones the other actress she was going up against put in for their respective shows.  She was better actress than most of the choices for those years except for Patricia Heaton and possibly Debra Messing.  Lisa Kudrow is a better actress than Jen IMO, and, I very much  disagree about it being   "one of the best comedic performances in tv history" that a bit of a stretch. I can think many performances that were better. 

Jennifer was a decent to at times fine TV Actress, her stardom only happened because Friends came along at the right moment in time  and being married to Brad Pitt helped. Her movies are mostly mediocre.  She was one of the better TV Sitcom Actresses during the time Friends was on I will say that. 

She  had some funny moments as Rachel but she is no Lucille Ball, Donna Reed, Mary Tyler Moore, Jean Stapleton, Carol Burnett  Valerie Harper,  etc,. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I very much  disagree about it being   "one of the best comedic performances in tv history" that a bit of a stretch. I can think many performances that were better. 

Me, too. I could never finish an entire ep of Friends and I've never like Jennifer Aniston in anything.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Making The Big Bang Theory TV Set in Far Cry 5!

Awesome trial for a new adventure game. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1