The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

Season 12 Chit Chat Thread

If you like the Beatles, you should go see the movie Yesterday. I liked it a lot better than I thought I would. Robert Carlyle's surprise scene near the end makes it worth it by itself. I don't know why it's not doing better. Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Olivia Harrison all gave approval for it.

yester.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

If you like the Beatles, you should go see the movie Yesterday. I liked it a lot better than I thought I would. Robert Carlyle's surprise scene near the end makes it worth it by itself. I don't know why it's not doing better. Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Olivia Harrison all gave approval for it.

yester.jpg

First I have heard of it.

edit:

Now that I looked it up I'm thinking I'd watch it on Netflix or tv  but I'n not paying to see it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesterday_(2019_film) 

Edited by djsurrey

Well, I liked it. It's a lot better than I thought it would be. It was fun. And Wiki isn't giving it a very good synopsis. There is much more to it than they are saying. Check out some other reviews before you decide. They don't give enough credit to the two Beatles fans who keep appearing at his concerts and interviews. He is afraid they are angry with him and want to ruin him. They add to his guilt and that adds some tension, as does the manager, who is an interesting villain desperate to make a fortune off of the singer. It's #3 after last weekend and the singing is honestly what surprised me. He's pretty good.

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Well, I liked it. It's a lot better than I thought it would be. It was fun. And Wiki isn't giving it a very good synopsis. There is much more to it than they are saying. Check out some other reviews before you decide. They don't give enough credit to the two Beatles fans who keep appearing at his concerts and interviews. He is afraid they are angry with him and want to ruin him. They add to his guilt and that adds some tension, as does the manager, who is an interesting villain desperate to make a fortune off of the singer. It's #3 after last weekend and the singing is honestly what surprised me. He's pretty good.

Love the Beatles, definitely want to check it out.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canuckistanians. :nhl:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, gsxdoug said:

Love the Beatles, definitely want to check it out.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canuckistanians. :nhl:

Happy Canada Day to you and all Canadians!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

This changeable weather in London is driving me up the wall. Whatever I wear when I leave the house turns out wrong. I'm either too hot, cold or soaking wet.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2019 at 4:59 PM, Tonstar17 said:

This changeable weather in London is driving me up the wall. Whatever I wear when I leave the house turns out wrong. I'm either too hot, cold or soaking wet. emoji1784.png

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

My condolences. Weather is tricky.

I have to vent.

This dispute between DirecTV and Nexstar has been going on for a week now.  DirecTV customers can't get any local channels owned by Nexstar.  Both companies are pointing fingers at each other as to who's at fault.  From what I understand, Nexstar raised their prices and DirecTV won't agree to the new price.  Nexstar says that DirecTV wouldn't agree to a temporary extension  and pulled the plug on the channel and is telling people to call DirecTV.  The Nexstar Facebook page pulled the ability to message them, post on their page, or leave a reaction to any of their posts.  The Nexstar webpage doesn't even give you an option to email them.  When you call them, they send your call to DirecTV.  DirecTV's Facebook page and webpage still allows you to interact with them.  If Nexstar is the victim, as they are claiming to be, why pull the ability to interact with them?

For me, it affects the NBC affiliate and another station paired with it. The NBC affiliate is my source for news.  I can watch local news online, but because the online stream is location based and my local station doesn't have an agreement with DirecTV, I can't watch national news.  I missed the Macy's Firework show as well.   I'm disappointed that the stations are in lockstep with their parent company, which IMHO is in the wrong.  They don't seem to care that their viewers, who they say that they are on their side, are being affected.

Both of them need to think about their customers affected by this and come to an agreement!

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

This dispute between DirecTV and Nexstar has been going on for a week now. 

I don't have either. I still have an ancient antenna attached to the back of my roof. I don't have cable. But I may get something when I get my new Internet. I don't know anything about these things. It's overwhelming.

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't have either. I still have an ancient antenna attached to the back of my roof. I don't have cable. But I may get something when I get my new Internet. I don't know anything about these things. It's overwhelming.

If you need some help Die, let me know.  I have an antennae, for local broadcast stations, and I get the rest ( cable channels like TBS, A&E, HBO, etc), and, of course Netflix and Prime Video, over the internet. 

21 hours ago, Tensor said:

If you need some help Die, let me know.  I have an antennae, for local broadcast stations, and I get the rest ( cable channels like TBS, A&E, HBO, etc), and, of course Netflix and Prime Video, over the internet. 

Will do. The antenna is not in good shape, though.