Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

Season 12 Chit Chat Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, shell said:

I;m saying that goes for me

But you said, and here's the exact words your used:

"Well, gotta say, I ain't no ho so don't agree"

If it goes for you, then why say I ain't no ho?    There's a contradiction between your two statements.  Does it go for you, and your previous post, implying those who have a lot of sex, was in error, or are your repudiating your previous comment, by changing it to saying it only goes for you.  It's got to be one or the other, which is it?  

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tensor said:

But you said, and here's the exact words your used:

"Well, gotta say, I ain't no ho so don't agree"

If it goes for you, then why say I ain't no ho?    There's a contradiction between your two statements.  Does it go for you, and your previous post, implying those who have a lot of sex, was in error, or are your repudiating your previous comment, by changing it to saying it only goes for you.  It's got to be one or the other, which is it?  

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tensor said:

But you said, and here's the exact words your used:

"Well, gotta say, I ain't no ho so don't agree"

If it goes for you, then why say I ain't no ho?    There's a contradiction between your two statements.  Does it go for you, and your previous post, implying those who have a lot of sex, was in error, or are your repudiating your previous comment, by changing it to saying it only goes for you.  It's got to be one or the other, which is it?  

My belief is I'd feel like one if I did. Other people have different beliefs and it is between them and what they believe in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shell said:

My belief is I'd feel like one if I did. Other people have different beliefs and it is between them and what they believe in. 

okay dokay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shell said:

My belief is I'd feel like one if I did. Other people have different beliefs and it is between them and what they believe in. 

Cool, thanks for clearing that up.  

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard of this before....
 

Quote

Survivors of rare wolf attack in Banff recount how animal tried to drag man from tent in middle of night

Russ Fee rushed to a neighbouring campsite when he heard screaming and found a wolf trying to drag a man away

from https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/wolf-attack-rampart-creek-banff-1.5245105 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RARE is right. That is not normal wolf behavior at all.

I live near an animal research facility with wolves, foxes, coyotes and bison where they give tours and talk about the relationship between predators and prey and it's worth a visit if you're ever in the area. 
http://wolfpark.org/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

They should have Penny become pregnant as a result of her trying to,sabotage Leonard’s donating to Zack and Mrs. Johnson (yikes! I can’t even remember her name!). That way they could of had Penny’s water break during Sheldon’s Nobel speech!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does Sweden allow dual nationality ? If so, that scenario could have raised some interesting questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Does Sweden allow dual nationality ? If so, that scenario could have raised some interesting questions.

Yes it could

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Does Sweden allow dual nationality ? If so, that scenario could have raised some interesting questions.

Yes, that would not be any problem. From the Ministry for Foreign Affairs:

If you are a citizen of two countries, you hold dual citizenship. A person who becomes a Swedish citizen can keep their previous citizenship if the law of that country allows it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

Yes, that would not be any problem. From the Ministry for Foreign Affairs:

If you are a citizen of two countries, you hold dual citizenship. A person who becomes a Swedish citizen can keep their previous citizenship if the law of that country allows it.

So if hokie3457's  idea had happened, with Penny somehow allowed to travel on the plane at such a late stage, and the Hofstadter baby born in Sweden, he or she could have had two passports, assuming American nationality is bestowed on a child  born abroad to two American parents.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

So if hokie3457's  idea had happened, with Penny somehow allowed to travel on the plane at such a late stage, and the Hofstadter baby born in Sweden, he or she could have had two passports, assuming American nationality is bestowed on a child  born abroad to two American parents.

The baby will get the same nationality as the parents, but if the Hofstaders decides to stay in Sweden they can have two nationalites.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then they'd have a swiss army knife, swiss cheese and a swiss child :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most countries do not confer citizenship based on being born in their country.  The US is the exception,  The baby would not be a dual citizen, it would be a U S citizen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, joyceraye said:

So if hokie3457's  idea had happened, with Penny somehow allowed to travel on the plane at such a late stage, and the Hofstadter baby born in Sweden, he or she could have had two passports, assuming American nationality is bestowed on a child  born abroad to two American parents.

They key words are the ones about air travel. That would NOT have been allowed. For international flights, the cutoff point often is earlier, sometimes as early as 28 weeks, depending on the airline. Obstetric conditions that may be exacerbated by flight or that could require emergency care scare the daylights out of airlines.

5 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

The baby will get the same nationality as the parents, but if the Hofstaders decides to stay in Sweden they can have two nationalites.

Yes. Not everyone is like the states, where if you're born here, you're automatically a citizen, and for good reason. I wish frankly that we'd stop doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

They key words are the ones about air travel. That would NOT have been allowed. For international flights, the cutoff point often is earlier, sometimes as early as 28 weeks, depending on the airline. Obstetric conditions that may be exacerbated by flight or that could require emergency care scare the daylights out of airlines.

Yes. Not everyone is like the states, where if you're born here, you're automatically a citizen, and for good reason. I wish frankly that we'd stop doing that.

Everyone born in the UK has British nationality.  It can be revoked if they want or have nationality of another country that doesn't allow dual nationality. 

Raj and Anu's children would have been British if Raj had followed through on going to England.  ( Strictly speaking, 'citizenship' is a behaviour although in recent years socialists in particular have begun using it also in the American sense.)  A Hostadter with dual nationality woud have made for some interesting fan fiction.

 

Edited by joyceraye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, joyceraye said:

A Hofstadter with dual nationality woud have made for some interesting fan fiction.

True

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

Most countries do not confer citizenship based on being born in their country.  The US is the exception,  The baby would not be a dual citizen, it would be a U S citizen.

A Swedish person has confirmed it would be Swedish so that makes it a dual citizen if the US allowed citizenship to a child born abroad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That rule has changed. If you r parents are not british. The child will not be entitled to British citizenship. It was change in the mid 80s I think.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

That rule has changed. If you r parents are not british. The child will not be entitled to British citizenship. It was change in the mid 80s I think.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
 

You're right. It looks as though these days it's more complicated if the baby's parents are foreigners. They don't have to be naturalised as British subjects but at least one of them has to meet certain conditions such as beng resident and working, just coming over for a holiday won't do. If Anu  is American and Raj is Indian they'll have to stay for a few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

A Swedish person has confirmed it would be Swedish so that makes it a dual citizen if the US allowed citizenship to a child born abroad. 

Well this is what the Swedish web site for immigration.  “Children born in Sweden receive the same citizenship as the parents. If the child's parents are citizens of a country outside the EU, the parents must apply for a residence permit for the child. The child most often receives the same permit as that of the parents.”

Now if Lenny got a residency permit,  and eventually became citizens, likely the child would too.  And then they all could in theory be dual citizens but the US is current,y not so agreeable about dual citizenship.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

They key words are the ones about air travel. That would NOT have been allowed. For international flights, the cutoff point often is earlier, sometimes as early as 28 weeks, depending on the airline. Obstetric conditions that may be exacerbated by flight or that could require emergency care scare the daylights out of airlines.

Yes. Not everyone is like the states, where if you're born here, you're automatically a citizen, and for good reason. I wish frankly that we'd stop doing that.

 I understand it’s a bit tricky, being, I think, that it’s a consequence of having slavery as a national  institution. Hard to untangle, I believe. That’s not so common elsewhere. Again, whole other country.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yes. Not everyone is like the states, where if you're born here, you're automatically a citizen, and for good reason. I wish frankly that we'd stop doing that.

Since birthright citizenship is part of the constitution, stopping it would require a constitutional amendment, and I don't see that getting enough states to ratify it.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Since birthright citizenship is part of the constitution, stopping it would require a constitutional amendment, and I don't see that getting enough states to ratify it.    

Neither do I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.