Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season 12 Chit Chat Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, chucky said:

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Veterans Day. Being a retired sailor with many military veterans in my family, this holiday is especially important to me. So again, Happy Veterans Day!!!!  :sungum:

Remembrance Day here in Canada;

 

Flanders Fields.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we're under fire again...

Early morning today IDF killed a leader of one of the major terror orgnizations in Gaza. They targeted him specifically, waiting until "non-involved" (e.g., children, non-terrorist citizens) left his house and then shot and killed him and his wife. He was responsible for many shootings lately (the towns and cities close to Gaza are often under fire, when I say we're under fire it's when there's more shootings and they target further areas). So now there's a lot of shootings, over 180 since this morning. Most of them towards the southern areas, mostly the people close to Gaza, but there have been further shootings, e.g., close to Tel-Aviv. The IDF is not responding massively at this point, wanting to get things to calm down. Hopefully things will turn back to normal (or better than this, because "normal" for the people near Gaza is frequent shootings...) as soon as possible... I live closer to Tel-Aviv so it's not that bad, definitely wayy better than in the south, but I do work in a southern city. A rocket actually hit an area I was close to just yesterday... Today they cancelled school and closed work places in a big part of the country, we'll have to see what happens tomorrow...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayim was part of the video made for Gary Sinese expressing deep gratitude for the work he and his foundation have done for service members and veterans, first responders, and their families.  It is a very cool video and well worth watching.
https://countrymusicfamily.com/gary-sinise-blindsided-by-emotional-thank-you-from-tom-hanks-others/?a=DK&var=GaryBlindsided-RELOAD&utm_campaign=garyblindsided&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=author-dk-posted_by-dk-repost-fbvhn-reload&utm_content=gary-sinise&fbclid=IwAR1Dy6KrnzRAI20WyaTAIW55Oox7pkxJY8KcRCHPr3mpsgotulKDRyI3Gjo

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Mayim was part of the video made for Gary Sinese expressing deep gratitude for the work he and his foundation have done for service members and veterans, first responders, and their families.  It is a very cool video and well worth watching.
https://countrymusicfamily.com/gary-sinise-blindsided-by-emotional-thank-you-from-tom-hanks-others/?a=DK&var=GaryBlindsided-RELOAD&utm_campaign=garyblindsided&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=author-dk-posted_by-dk-repost-fbvhn-reload&utm_content=gary-sinise&fbclid=IwAR1Dy6KrnzRAI20WyaTAIW55Oox7pkxJY8KcRCHPr3mpsgotulKDRyI3Gjo

Seen this one before Love Tom Hanks at the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG! If your phone quits working, get on it immediately. Someone bought a cell phone and a SIM card and told AT&T to transfer our number to it and they just went ahead and did it. They took our phone # and started doing all kinds of fraud with it and with our e-mail and when we had it shut down, we had also lost out Internet since they were together. I've spent a week contacting banks and credit bureaus and credit cards (only got one fake one, am hoping they didn't use it before I stopped it) and filed a police report and all kinds of crap. It's been total hell.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

OMG! If your phone quits working, get on it immediately. Someone bought a cell phone and a SIM card and told AT&T to transfer our number to it and they just went ahead and did it. They took our phone # and started doing all kinds of fraud with it and with our e-mail and when we had it shut down, we had also lost out Internet since they were together. I've spent a week contacting banks and credit bureaus and credit cards (only got one fake one, am hoping they didn't use it before I stopped it) and filed a police report and all kinds of crap. It's been total hell.

Thanks for passing this along Die.  

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tensor said:

Thanks for passing this along Die.  

Apparently it is easier to steal your phone number than to steal your phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

OMG! If your phone quits working, get on it immediately. Someone bought a cell phone and a SIM card and told AT&T to transfer our number to it and they just went ahead and did it. They took our phone # and started doing all kinds of fraud with it and with our e-mail and when we had it shut down, we had also lost out Internet since they were together. I've spent a week contacting banks and credit bureaus and credit cards (only got one fake one, am hoping they didn't use it before I stopped it) and filed a police report and all kinds of crap. It's been total hell.

So sorry to hear that. Thanks so much for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

OMG! If your phone quits working, get on it immediately. Someone bought a cell phone and a SIM card and told AT&T to transfer our number to it and they just went ahead and did it. They took our phone # and started doing all kinds of fraud with it and with our e-mail and when we had it shut down, we had also lost out Internet since they were together. I've spent a week contacting banks and credit bureaus and credit cards (only got one fake one, am hoping they didn't use it before I stopped it) and filed a police report and all kinds of crap. It's been total hell.

Wow, what a nightmare

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shell said:

Wow, what a nightmare

Needless to say I wouldn't use AT&T again if the CEO kissed my ass in the middle of Rt. 65. I had that phone for years and they transferred it to another carrier just because someone asked them to. The new carrier said this was common and suspended the number so that was nice. Just got putting an alert on social security since I don't know what info they were able to extract and I don't want them stealing my tax return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Needless to say I wouldn't use AT&T again if the CEO kissed my ass in the middle of Rt. 65. I had that phone for years and they transferred it to another carrier just because someone asked them to. The new carrier said this was common and suspended the number so that was nice. Just got putting an alert on social security since I don't know what info they were able to extract and I don't want them stealing my tax return.

Wow, that s crazy. I've had Verizon for the last ten years No problem at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shell said:

Wow, that s crazy. I've had Verizon for the last ten years No problem at this point. 

I've had AT&T FOR 12 years with no problems. I guess I've been lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, shell said:

Wow, that s crazy. I've had Verizon for the last ten years No problem at this point. 

I’ve had Verizon since 2002.  I e never had a problem with them. 

On 12/12/2019 at 7:10 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Apparently it is easier to steal your phone number than to steal your phone.

With the various find my phone apps, a stolen phone can be locked remotely.  Stealing the number can’t be stopped if the carrier approves, so yeah. 

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tensor said:

With the various find my phone apps, a stolen phone can be locked remotely.  Stealing the number can’t be stopped if the carrier approves, so yeah. 

That's true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was working in a school today where they showed the film Hidden Figures to the math classes as part of Black History Month (the history classes got Glory another day) and while I still liked the movie as much today as I did when it came out, I really loved what Jim Parson's did with  his role more now than I did then.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 7:47 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

I was working in a school today where they showed the film Hidden Figures to the math classes as part of Black History Month (the history classes got Glory another day) and while I still liked the movie as much today as I did when it came out, I really loved what Jim Parson's did with  his role more now than I did then.

Me, too I also loved the ending (SPOILER ALERT) when he is getting coffee for the lead actress, there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Happy Pancake Day.

I didn't know it's pancake day. I had biscuits, gravy with bacon and eggs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 1:53 AM, Tensor said:

Naval discussion

You mean belly button gazing? 😁

On 7/13/2018 at 7:57 PM, djsurrey said:

 

 

He looks like a young Viggo Mortensen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

You mean belly button gazing? 😁

Now that's funny. But, I don't think so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 1:06 AM, shell said:

Me, too I also loved the ending (SPOILER ALERT) when he is getting coffee for the lead actress, there

She died yesterday, aged 101. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 7:57 AM, joyceraye said:

She died yesterday, aged 101. 

I heard the writer of the film being interviewed. Apparently the incident with the toilets was true, but it happened to someone else,another genius, called Marie.

Edited by joyceraye
information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.