The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season 12 Chit Chat Thread

Actually, the virus discussion fits perfectly in this thread.  This is chit chat, and it’s for discussion not related to the show. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2020 at 6:02 AM, HeWolf said:

As TBBT is over and likely never to return, does it really matter what the thread title is anymore? At this point I'm happy with whatever brings people back to the forum. As Chucky said, "I just go with the flow."

But in the spirit of cooperation, I'll offer this on topic comment: Season 12 was a monumental disappointment. Wasted on the Shamy Nobel story line which was, in itself, bogged down with that nonsensical story involving those two idiots that were trying to steal credit for the idea. In a season of mediocrity that was the biggest waste of time. Closely pursued by the Penny not wanting children drama.

Don't get me wrong. There were episodes I enjoyed and there weren't any I will not watch in reruns, but they could, and should, have done so much better.

I whole-heartedly agree with your entire post. Especially the bold sections. They wasted so much time on the silly Nobel angle. The other scientist involved was never needed and the Penny not wanting kids was rediculous. As was how they handled Raj and Anu. Would it have been so bad for Raj to find happiness in his life?

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Absolutely agree with you.  By my count 13 episodes were devoted to the Shamy quest for the Nobel, 7 for P&L: episodes 3, 6 (this was the Halloween episode but I counted it for P&L as they were featured)  12  , 15, 17, & 22.   Two episodes devoted to ensemble D&D, Paintball. The final two episodes you can also count for Shamy as they were dedicated to the Nobel prize ceremony. I will always feel a little cheated that we did not get to see more of the Penny and Leonard story and also for Raj. I didn't think much of his character but at least they could have given him some kind of closure.

Agreed!

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2020 at 12:10 PM, HeWolf said:

That could work. It's not really science unless you count political science.

I think anything virus related could tie into science. But I don't really care either way. I was just responding to ajond.

If I had Netflix, I think I would certainly tune into Jim Parson in Ryan Murphy's new show, Hollywood, if that's more on topic. I've heard a lot about it and I've seen a lot of pictures of him in the 40's suits with the wide lapels and the pocket squares.  It was mentioned in last week's Parade magazine and there's an article here:
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a32026813/big-bang-theory-jim-parsons-new-show-hollywood-netflix/

Edited by Die Zimtzicke

On 4/27/2020 at 12:10 PM, HeWolf said:

As there are very few of us left here that post I don't really care which forum thread things go in. Whatever, wherever is fine with me.

100% in agreement. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Happy birthday, 3ku11.

Yes  Happy Birthday 3ku11 and have many, many more

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 6/2/2020 at 4:33 PM, Tensor said:

Hey @3ku11, hope you're have a great birthday.  Happy Birthday, skull.  

Cheers for the birthday messages guys. 32. Getting old lol. 

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

You only think you're getting old. Once you get there you'll recognize the difference. 🎂

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

You only think you're getting old. Once you get there you'll recognize the difference. 🎂

So very true. When you hit your 60's, you'll look back lovingly at your 30's.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, chucky said:

So very true. When you hit your 60's, you'll look back lovingly at your 30's.

If you can remember your thirties...

18 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Look at it this way skull, you're half my age.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

If you can remember your thirties...

The thirties I remember, the twenties, not so much.  My wife reminds me of what took place when I was in my thirties. But then, they may be her memories.   😊

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Already read that but from a different source. It is interesting.