Season 12 Chit Chat Thread

58 minutes ago, chucky said:

Happy Veterans Day to all our Veterans. As a retired sailor, this is a very important day to me. The 20 years in the Navy has made me appreciate the Veterans that came before me.

Hope you had a good day and thank you for your service

• Thanks 1

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just photographed this lunar eclipse. ūüĆē

Speaking of Star Trek, I saw an ad for the following.  Most here will get it:  

Nice lunar eclipse over here last night.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Say a prayer for all those souls who lost their lives on that fateful day

I did right after waking up this morning. Said a prayer for those that lost their lives and their families.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 7:22 PM, chucky said:

So true!

A query:  I have noticed that on Kaley's  IG stories she has promoted from time to time products that she has received from companies.  She states unequivacally that this is not an ad only that she loves the product and endorses it. Now by saying this is not an ad I assume she does not receive any compensation for it, however if the company sends this product to her free of charge and probably with the hope she will promote it isn't this a form of compensation even though she is not receiving payment. Does anyone know how this truly works.

4 hours ago, Mario D. said:

however if the company sends this product to her free of charge and probably with the hope she will promote it isn't this a form of compensation even though she is not receiving payment. Does anyone know how this truly works.

Seems logical to me. However, I'm not sure how that works either.

As a celebrity, yes, she is, but she really doesn't fit the idea of a social media influencer.  About the only time she would fall under that category would be when she does sponsored posts, of which she doesn't do very many.  If you've seen Busy Phillips' IG, she does several a month.   From what I've seen of Kaley's, the sponsored ones are rare and mostly for equestrian things.  Beauty, household things, etc are simply not something she promotes, except for those things she really likes and uses herself.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tensor said:

As a celebrity, yes, she is, but she really doesn't fit the idea of a social media influencer.  About the only time she would fall under that category would be when she does sponsored posts, of which she doesn't do very many.  If you've seen Busy Phillips' IG, she does several a month.   From what I've seen of Kaley's, the sponsored ones are rare and mostly for equestrian things.  Beauty, household things, etc are simply not something she promotes, except for those things she really likes and uses herself.  

Like her coffee from her "Cup of Cuoco" episodes.

9 hours ago, Tensor said:

Thanks @tensor for clarifying this a little bit. Considering she has approx. 6.5 mil followers on her IG she probably does influence a great many people and they don't mind.......and neither do I

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Thanks @tensor for clarifying this a little bit. Considering she has approx. 6.5 mil followers on her IG she probably does influence a great many people and they don't mind.......and neither do I

Yeah, those companies love it when celebrities give a good mention to their products.  They don't have to pay, and they get free advertising.  And, the celebrities generally don't mind, because they truly like the stuff they mention.  

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, chucky said:

Great loss!  RIP!

Also, if any sports fans out there Tommy Lasorda passed away today at age 93.  A truly charismatic character and ambassador for the game of baseball.  RIP Tommy

• Penny Thumbs Up 1