Jump to content

Season 12 Chit Chat Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Also, if any sports fans out there Tommy Lasorda passed away today at age 93.  A truly charismatic character and ambassador for the game of baseball.  RIP Tommy

Tommy Lasorda was one of the best period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

And now, for a laugh, with the forum slowing down, I decided I needed something to keep me busy.  I got a drum practice pad for Christmas last year and decided to get lessons and an actual drum kit.  Lessons started in August, and I got my kit in September.    Here I am, after three lessons, and one day with my kit:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT-NbNIDSf3/?hl=en

Yes, I know, it's slow, about 40 beats per minutes.  You have to learn to move around the kit.   So, a month later, after two more lessons, and quite a bit of practice, at 100 beats per minute.:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVDgZQdDd0x/?hl=en

It's been a few more weeks, so there should be another video, but there isn't yet.  I've been practicing some actual songs, and still haven't got it all together for any of them.  I got an offer to jam with a couple of friends of mine.  Neither of them have played the guitar much lately, and I figure they'll be working on things too.  If it does come to pass, I'll upload something from it.  Oh, and yes, I haven't had a shave or haircut since May of last year.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Tensor said:

And now, for a laugh, with the forum slowing down, I decided I needed something to keep me busy.  I got a drum practice pad for Christmas last year and decided to get lessons and an actual drum kit.  Lessons started in August, and I got my kit in September.    Here I am, after three lessons, and one day with my kit:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT-NbNIDSf3/?hl=en

Yes, I know, it's slow, about 40 beats per minutes.  You have to learn to move around the kit.   So, a month later, after two more lessons, and quite a bit of practice, at 100 beats per minute.:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVDgZQdDd0x/?hl=en

It's been a few more weeks, so there should be another video, but there isn't yet.  I've been practicing some actual songs, and still haven't got it all together for any of them.  I got an offer to jam with a couple of friends of mine.  Neither of them have played the guitar much lately, and I figure they'll be working on things too.  If it does come to pass, I'll upload something from it.  Oh, and yes, I haven't had a shave or haircut since May of last year.  

 

41 minutes ago, Tensor said:

And now, for a laugh, with the forum slowing down, I decided I needed something to keep me busy.  I got a drum practice pad for Christmas last year and decided to get lessons and an actual drum kit.  Lessons started in August, and I got my kit in September.    Here I am, after three lessons, and one day with my kit:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT-NbNIDSf3/?hl=en

Yes, I know, it's slow, about 40 beats per minutes.  You have to learn to move around the kit.   So, a month later, after two more lessons, and quite a bit of practice, at 100 beats per minute.:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVDgZQdDd0x/?hl=en

It's been a few more weeks, so there should be another video, but there isn't yet.  I've been practicing some actual songs, and still haven't got it all together for any of them.  I got an offer to jam with a couple of friends of mine.  Neither of them have played the guitar much lately, and I figure they'll be working on things too.  If it does come to pass, I'll upload something from it.  Oh, and yes, I haven't had a shave or haircut since May of last year.  

That was pretty good   If you are looking for people to jam with my daughter and her husband both play the guitar. She minored in music at FSU and also gives lessons part time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Feeling a bit sad tonight.  I noticed a name on the birthdays, it was someone who was very important to me in my early days here on the forum (there aren't too many people you can have a discussion about how prior probability could affect Bayesian Inference in an analysis of the forum members) .  

I checked and the last time she was on was May of 2013.  She posted that her laptop had died and it was a struggle using her work computer.  According to her profile, she checked back in the next day, and that was the end, she never came back.  I've had several members like that.  You develop a bond with a member, something happens and they disappear and they are gone.  Some, like mjc45 died, some just got tired of the show, so got tired of the forum,  and some, you don't know what happened.  Anyway thinking about all the people her I miss.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Feeling a bit sad tonight.  I noticed a name on the birthdays, it was someone who was very important to me in my early days here on the forum (there aren't too many people you can have a discussion about how prior probability could affect Bayesian Inference in an analysis of the forum members).  

I checked and the last time she was on was May of 2013.  She posted that her laptop had died, and it was a struggle using her work computer.  According to her profile, she checked back in the next day, and that was the end, she never came back.  I've had several members like that.  You develop a bond with a member, something happens, and they disappear, and they are gone.  Some, like mjc45 died, some just got tired of the show, so got tired of the forum, and some, you don't know what happened.  Anyway, thinking about all the people, her I miss.

I understand and agree there are members that are sorely missed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tensor said:

Feeling a bit sad tonight.  I noticed a name on the birthdays, it was someone who was very important to me in my early days here on the forum (there aren't too many people you can have a discussion about how prior probability could affect Bayesian Inference in an analysis of the forum members) .  

I checked and the last time she was on was May of 2013.  She posted that her laptop had died and it was a struggle using her work computer.  According to her profile, she checked back in the next day, and that was the end, she never came back.  I've had several members like that.  You develop a bond with a member, something happens and they disappear and they are gone.  Some, like mjc45 died, some just got tired of the show, so got tired of the forum,  and some, you don't know what happened.  Anyway thinking about all the people her I miss.

Agree 100%. Many members that come to mind. Notably, Netmouse and Walnut Cowboy. I even have fond memories of the Shenny debates with CBolt.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HeWolf said:

Agree 100%. Many members that come to mind. Notably, Netmouse and Walnut Cowboy. I even have fond memories of the Shenny debates with CBolt.

CBolt, now there’s a name from way back.  You are one of the few who predate my time on the forum.  I really really still miss Mike.  (Walnut) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tensor said:

CBolt, now there’s a name from way back.  You are one of the few who predate my time on the forum.  I really really still miss Mike.  (Walnut) 

Cbolt, I'm not familiar with, but I really enjoyed reading Walnut Cowboy's posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chucky said:

Cbolt, I'm not familiar with, but I really enjoyed reading Walnut Cowboy's posts. 

CBolt was a hard core Shenny shipper. I think he left when it became clear that Shamy was a permanent things.

 

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

CBolt, now there’s a name from way back.  You are one of the few who predate my time on the forum.  I really really still miss Mike.  (Walnut) 

I just noticed that on Feb 2 I'll have been on here for 10 years...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

I just noticed that on Feb 2 I'll have been on here for 10 years...

You got me, I've only been here 7 years.

51 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

CBolt was a hard core Shenny shipper. I think he left when it became clear that Shamy was a permanent thing.

I think a few of them left or at least stopped posting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...