The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

The Big Bang Theory Seasons 1 - 11 Episode Tournament

21 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, and as you see no one used the word "surprise" except you and then things went weird. haha

Hey, sometimes I just have time to kill and want to talk about nothing! lol

"Big shocker" said sarcastically meant people shouldn't be surprised people love Shamy, but these people weren't surprised, so...

It feels like a comedy of misunderstandings sometimes haha

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

"Big shocker" said sarcastically meant people shouldn't be surprised people love Shamy, but these people weren't surprised, so...

Well, all the time I tried to clarify what I was getting at - that snide remark was really not the point.

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

It feels like a comedy of misunderstandings sometimes haha

Indeed. lol

22 hours ago, Jonny said:

but I can also say the same about Bath Item.

I agree.

I think the present giving was really good (as was the Sheldon hug), but the Penny and Dave Underhill bit wasn't very good at all.

It portrayed Penny as shallow, easy and completely lacking in consideration for Leonard.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I agree.

I think the present giving was really good (as was the Sheldon hug), but the Penny and Dave Underhill bit wasn't very good at all.

It portrayed Penny as shallow, easy and completely lacking in consideration for Leonard.

I've been confused by the "popularity" of Bath Item for years. It even beat Adhesive Duck in the eyes of Sheldon and Penny's fans. I don't understand. Adhesive got them singing Soft Kitty, that was like the team song among them. And like you said, Penny was not good in Bath Item, but still, Bath Item won. Still confused. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KripkeRules said:

I've been confused by the "popularity" of Bath Item for years. It even beat Adhesive Duck in the eyes of Sheldon and Penny's fans. I don't understand. Adhesive got them singing Soft Kitty, that was like the team song among them. And like you said, Penny was not good in Bath Item, but still, Bath Item won. Still confused.

You are not alone. It has always confused  me as well. It's a fun ep but not the greatest ep ever.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2018 at 1:02 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

It portrayed Penny as she was at the time. She didn't come across badly. She came across as Penny. The character has changed along the way. They all have, but Penny is, in many ways, not all that different from that younger version.

1 hour ago, HeWolf said:

It portrayed Penny as she was at the time. She didn't come across badly. She came across as Penny. The character has changed along the way. They all have, but Penny is, in many ways, not all that different from that younger version.

Agreed. Go back to season 2 how were all the characters back then? Raj didn’t talk. Howard was  a pervert. Nobody know what Sheldon’s deal was. You could make an argument Leonard has changed the least.

As to the favorite episode in the 11 years of the show many vote on what they remember. Neither of the final two were my favorite.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2018 at 9:09 AM, Die Zimtzicke said:

You are not alone. It has always confused  me as well. It's a fun ep but not the greatest ep ever.

It is pretty obvious to me why it wins (or almost wins). People probably still remember the scene where Sheldon reacts to the gift. It is  one of (IMO), Jim Parsons' most iconic and brilliant performances. Kaley is great too. It is a unique scene I can't find on any other sitcom.  I see Bath Item as a "far from perfect" episode with a "near perfect" scene. 

On 9/1/2018 at 3:58 AM, KripkeRules said:

Don't kid yourself, I personally know that lots of (if not all) S&P shippers are believing both Bath Item and adhesive ducks are "their" episodes, because they showed the undying love between S&P (LMAO) .

I think most votes come from outside voters. I am not sure why be so bothered  by the so called "shenny" ? I am against S/P as a romantic pairing but I voted for some episodes like Adhesive Duck and Panty Pinata , because I think the S/P plots in them are unique, funny and creative.  These episodes are liked by many fans, and thats true for any episode that enters the tournament. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

It is pretty obvious to me why it wins (or almost wins). People probably still remember the scene where Sheldon reacts to the gift. It is  one of (IMO), Jim Parsons' most iconic and brilliant performances. Kaley is great too. It is a unique scene I can't find on any other sitcom.  I see Bath Item as a "far from perfect" episode with a "near perfect" scene. 

I think most votes come from outside voters. I am not sure why be so bothered  by the so called "shenny" ? I am against S/P as a romantic pairing but I voted for some episodes like Adhesive Duck and Panty Pinata , because I think the S/P plots in them are unique, funny and creative.  These episodes are liked by many fans, and thats true for any episode that enters the tournament. 

Nah, I'm against romantic Sh enny too, but I think you missed my point here.

ADD and BI are liked by many fans, and at the same time, Opening night and Bow Tie are liked by many fans. I'm saying this based on the ratings of IMDB.  But why some people are implying that "ADD and BI got in because of all fans, ON and BT got in because of Shamy fans"???  Based on what???

Like I said before, there are people who vote ON and BT because of Stars Wars and Mark Hamill. 

I'm sick of this double standard, that's all. 

Oh, and I have to say, with time passing by, I actually like Sheldon and Penny this pairing less and less, their scenes used to be funny, creative, unique like you said, but not any more.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

It is pretty obvious to me why it wins (or almost wins). People probably still remember the scene where Sheldon reacts to the gift. It is  one of (IMO), Jim Parsons' most iconic and brilliant performances.

This I would have to agree on. I don't know how anyone could not be satisfied with how Jim played that scene.

• Like 1