The Big Bang Theory Forums
Desdemona

Howardette Season 12 (Spoilers)

So we´re starting with season 12 in a few months and I´m looking forward for some Howardette episodes as well.

My wish for this season is to get some sweet scenes and that there are no more heartbreaking episodes like "The Tesla Recoil" episode, which infuriated me so much.

Steel_Magnolias_8_8_Movie_CLIP_I_Wanna_Know_Why_1989_HD.gif.78e9e1d8ccbf42a662ecd4f6afa0293d.gif

It even pushed "The Itchy Brain Simulation" from my personal `Episodes of Hate` throne.

So please writers, no more episodes like that one and more episodes like the episode where Howard sang to Bernie on their anniversary. 😍

Something light-hearted and tender combined with Howardette´s special sense of humour to make us happy.

Or something like for example:

-An episode where Howard is taking care of the kids, because Bernie´s trapped in the lab due to the escape of some of their guinea pigs which are terrorizing Pasadena.  And while she has to find out what kind out diseases the animaly got infected with for scientific purposes, Howard is having his own personal fall out at home with his rebelling kids

-The guys are participating on Bernie´s scientific research and experiencing strange side effects (nothing serious of course) 

-Or a Halloween episode with Bernie an her ventriloquist dummy

-Clumsy Howard (because he´s so freaking funny when he does something stupid LOL)

-Howard´s father appears and sees that his son, excelled him and didn´t become a man who leaves his family behind like his father did

-Howardette interacting with the gang (any pairing is fine for me)

-Bernie at work and her fights with her co-workers (I like Bernie being bossy and biting away anyone who tries to get her job)

-Due to an accident at Zangen, Penny, Zangen´s new spokeswoman, has to sweep everything under the rug, which is hard as their test objects are running around in the background, while she is trying to hold a press conference (Her facial expressions, as she is trying to explain why monkeys are running free, throwing with bananas and excrement would be hilarious)

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

It is a pity, that Josh only appeared that one time, because he seemed to get along pretty well with Howard. He was such a nice and kind guy. The writers could have filled some gaps about Howard´s father, especially about the time after he had left his first family. It seems that Howard has no contact with his half brother anymore, otherwise he would have appeared when Halley and Neil Michael were born or at least he would have send a present or something.  ☹️

I can totally see Josh sitting in the middle of the Kids bedroom, making whale noises to sooth them instead of singing lullabies or he tells them stories about the world under the sea. What a cool uncle! 

Or an Episode with Howard and Josh where Howard visits Josh at his work place and he takes him on a submarine trip. It would be refreshing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Koala Face 1

Just another thought:

how_47.gif.6c3a3f983253d8256f08206f013b428c.gif

Wait…why?…

how_50.gif.09a200552b62b8cccc031d425fa97960.gif

…oh! I really don't mind, anyway. Please continued!  😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, veejay said:

Just another thought:

how_47.gif.6c3a3f983253d8256f08206f013b428c.gif

Wait…why?…

how_50.gif.09a200552b62b8cccc031d425fa97960.gif

…oh! I really don't mind, anyway. Please continued!  😃

Wasn´t the first one the episode where Howard was very clingy?

I loved that one, especially the part where Bernie and Penny walk through the park, when Howard comes across the lawn, like a stalker.

He was so adorable (although a little disturbing, but only a little bit 😉)

But their weirdness is what attracts me to them, so I hope we see Bernie practicing with Tammy Jo one day. And as she practices with her, Tammy Jo´s personality rubs off on Bernie and she changes.

First Howard doesn´t notice, but when Bernie starts to say things that are very unlike her, he asks himself who controls whom.

It would be hilarious, if he woke in his bed and finds Tammy Jo next to him, a smoking cigarette between her lips and asks him "What´s up doc?"

• Haha 2

On July 19, 2018 at 12:35 AM, Desdemona said:

It is a pity, that Josh only appeared that one time, because he seemed to get along pretty well with Howard. He was such a nice and kind guy. The writers could have filled some gaps about Howard´s father, especially about the time after he had left his first family. It seems that Howard has no contact with his half brother anymore, otherwise he would have appeared when Halley and Neil Michael were born or at least he would have send a present or something.  ☹️

I can totally see Josh sitting in the middle of the Kids bedroom, making whale noises to sooth them instead of singing lullabies or he tells them stories about the world under the sea. What a cool uncle! 

Or an Episode with Howard and Josh where Howard visits Josh at his work place and he takes him on a submarine trip. It would be refreshing.

I'd like to see Howard's half brother and Bernie's Dad this season, they are funny and they will bring some new plots IMO. Howard can invite Josh to visit Caltech. And I'm wondering the last time we saw Josh, he was a student of Marine Biology right? Maybe he can attend Caltech for a Dr degree. I guess. Bernie's Dad is one of my favorite parents, I hope to see him more. LOL.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 3:23 PM, Desdemona said:

And as she practices with her, Tammy Jo´s personality rubs off on Bernie and she changes.

That already happened when she became like Howard's mother. It would be redundant.

23 hours ago, KripkeRules said:

I'd like to see Howard's half brother and Bernie's Dad this season

Me, too.

20 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That already happened when she became like Howard's mother. It would be redundant.

Me, too.

Don't know about the brother, but I've always liked Mike!

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:17 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

Me, too.

I´m sorry for the delayed answer, I´ve just returned from my vacation. I can only speak for myself, but I highly welcome any positive change, so at least for me it wouldn´t be redundant.

These old "Bernadette is a Substitution for Howard´s mother" jokes were tiresome and weren´t funny IMO.  I´m glad the writers have reduced them to a minimum. And now that Stuart lives with them, I´m sure that he takes care of the house, so they can concentrate on their Jobs.

Nevertheless, I hope he moves out some day. As much as I love to see Stuart, I hope he does succeed with his Comic book store, now that he gained some positive publicity due to this science fiction author and can afford his own Apartment and start his own family. But we´ll see what the writers have planned for the last season. I still have to get used to the idea that the show ends next year after 12 years.  But I respect Jim´s wish and I hope that all of them will find new projects. Especially Simon, come on, he needs his own sitcom! 

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Desdemona said:

I´m sorry for the delayed answer, I´ve just returned from my vacation. I can only speak for myself, but I highly welcome any positive change, so at least for me it wouldn´t be redundant.

These old "Bernadette is a Substitution for Howard´s mother" jokes were tiresome and weren´t funny IMO.  I´m glad the writers have reduced them to a minimum. And now that Stuart lives with them, I´m sure that he takes care of the house, so they can concentrate on their Jobs.

Nevertheless, I hope he moves out some day. As much as I love to see Stuart, I hope he does succeed with his Comic book store, now that he gained some positive publicity due to this science fiction author and can afford his own Apartment and start his own family. But we´ll see what the writers have planned for the last season. I still have to get used to the idea that the show ends next year after 12 years.  But I respect Jim´s wish and I hope that all of them will find new projects. Especially Simon, come on, he needs his own sitcom! 

Sorry, but I see Stuart as a sponge. He'll soak up what he can until Bernadette kicks him out!

Edited by chucky

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, KripkeRules said:

I'd like to see Howard's half brother and Bernie's Dad this season, they are funny and they will bring some new plots IMO. Howard can invite Josh to visit Caltech. And I'm wondering the last time we saw Josh, he was a student of Marine Biology right? Maybe he can attend Caltech for a Dr degree. I guess. Bernie's Dad is one of my favorite parents, I hope to see him more. LOL.

I´m sorry  for the delayed answer, I´ve just returned from holiday. Mike is a fine guy, he seems to be one of those guys, who are hard as a rock outside, but who have a soft spot inside. 

I hope so too, that we get to see him this season again. I would love to see all of the families but with 24 episodes that remain, I guess it will be hard.

Unless they are taping an Episode where we have the guys and their fathers (or in Howard´s and Sheldon´s case their father-in-laws) 

go on a father and son excursion. Like a camping trip. 

This could lead to nice moments between the guys and their father/father-in-laws. (Raj and Mr. Koothrapalli watching the stars, while Raj explains him the universe in his unique and romantic way, while his eyes sparkle. Leonard and Mr. Hofstadter who confesses that he do wished to have spend more time with him and his siblings like that. Sheldon and Mr. Fowler talk about their issues with fear and life which ends with Sheldon thanking him and Mrs. Fowler for bringing Amy into his life, who makes his life so much easier and joyful. And Mike giving Howard a bear hug and them calling each other "father and son". I would die to see the last one. 😍

And on their last day they discover the remains of what Looks like bones. Human bones. I can see their reactions as they find the corpse.

Mr Hofstadter: Look at that. They look like human bones. These are female hip bones.

Mr Koothrapalli: Oh, you are Gynaecologist as well? (lifts his arm to high five him but only gets a puzzled look)

Mr Hofstadter: Nooo... I´m actually an Anthropologist. These hip bones are really Special. They remind me of some I´ve got at home. They are 1500 years old.

Mr Koothrapalli: Oh, you are collecting ancient female hip bones as well? Me too! (raises his arm again to high five him, but this time Mr. Hofstadter does high five him, although hesitantly)

Mike: Wait, you found human bones?  This is a crime Scene, we have to close off this area immediately! Don´t move, I´ll go back to the car to get my warning tape.

While everyone wonders, why Mike would take warning tape with him, as he retired centuries ago, Mr. Fowler suddenly jumps up and follows Mike.

Mr Fowler: Oh man, a dead human body? Oh my, I can feel my anxities coming up, Mike wait for me!

Mike and Mr. Fowler are about to run off, when they see flash lights approaching and Mike starts to wave with his arms in the air.

Mike: This went quick, we haven´t even called for the Police yet. Here we are guys, over here! 

Voice: This is nature conservancy, you are not allowed to be here as this place is under nature conservation!

Then Mike´talks about a human dead body, so the guys from nature conservancy call for the police, who arrests everyone.

At the end, you see everyone in prison, where they get picked up by their wifes. When Mrs Rostenkowski comes for her husband, he refuses to admit that he got arrested and insists, that he wanted to stay by Howard´s side to make sure, that he is safe from the other prisoners. 

I´m sorry, for the long reply, I got carried away. As always. 😁

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

Sorry, but I see Stuart as a sponge. He'll soak up what he can until Bernadette kicks him out!

Well, I admit that he exploits their hospitality, but he does a lot in return as well. He takes care of their Kids so whenever he can and I remember, that he once even bought them new cereals, because he ate them. So if he was such a bad guy, Bernadette would have already kicked him out.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I´m sorry  for the delayed answer, I´ve just returned from holiday. Mike is a fine guy, he seems to be one of those guys, who are hard as a rock outside, but who have a soft spot inside. 

I hope so too, that we get to see him this season again. I would love to see all of the families but with 24 episodes that remain, I guess it will be hard.

Unless they are taping an Episode where we have the guys and their fathers (or in Howard´s and Sheldon´s case their father-in-laws) 

go on a father and son excursion. Like a camping trip. 

This could lead to nice moments between the guys and their father/father-in-laws. (Raj and Mr. Koothrapalli watching the stars, while Raj explains him the universe in his unique and romantic way, while his eyes sparkle. Leonard and Mr. Hofstadter who confesses that he do wished to have spend more time with him and his siblings like that. Sheldon and Mr. Fowler talk about their issues with fear and life which ends with Sheldon thanking him and Mrs. Fowler for bringing Amy into his life, who makes his life so much easier and joyful. And Mike giving Howard a bear hug and them calling each other "father and son". I would die to see the last one. 😍

And on their last day they discover the remains of what Looks like bones. Human bones. I can see their reactions as they find the corpse.

Mr Hofstadter: Look at that. They look like human bones. These are female hip bones.

Mr Koothrapalli: Oh, you are Gynaecologist as well? (lifts his arm to high five him but only gets a puzzled look)

Mr Hofstadter: Nooo... I´m actually an Anthropologist. These hip bones are really Special. They remind me of some I´ve got at home. They are 1500 years old.

Mr Koothrapalli: Oh, you are collecting ancient female hip bones as well? Me too! (raises his arm again to high five him, but this time Mr. Hofstadter does high five him, although hesitantly)

Mike: Wait, you found human bones?  This is a crime Scene, we have to close off this area immediately! Don´t move, I´ll go back to the car to get my warning tape.

While everyone wonders, why Mike would take warning tape with him, as he retired centuries ago, Mr. Fowler suddenly jumps up and follows Mike.

Mr Fowler: Oh man, a dead human body? Oh my, I can feel my anxities coming up, Mike wait for me!

Mike and Mr. Fowler are about to run off, when they see flash lights approaching and Mike starts to wave with his arms in the air.

Mike: This went quick, we haven´t even called for the Police yet. Here we are guys, over here! 

Voice: This is nature conservancy, you are not allowed to be here as this place is under nature conservation!

Then Mike´talks about a human dead body, so the guys from nature conservancy call for the police, who arrests everyone.

At the end, you see everyone in prison, where they get picked up by their wifes. When Mrs Rostenkowski comes for her husband, he refuses to admit that he got arrested and insists, that he wanted to stay by Howard´s side to make sure, that he is safe from the other prisoners. 

I´m sorry, for the long reply, I got carried away. As always. 😁

Well, I admit that he exploits their hospitality, but he does a lot in return as well. He takes care of their Kids so whenever he can and I remember, that he once even bought them new cereals, because he ate them. So if he was such a bad guy, Bernadette would have already kicked him out.

Never said he was a bad guy, he's a moocher who now is kinda paying his way by babysitting. Replacing food that he ate isn't kind but expected. I think Howardette are tired of his always being underfoot, so to speak.

19 minutes ago, chucky said:

Never said he was a bad guy, he's a moocher who now is kinda paying his way by babysitting. Replacing food that he ate isn't kind but expected. I think Howardette are tired of his always being underfoot, so to speak.

I´m sorry, I couldn´t find a better word at this moment, I wasn´t implying that you see him a bad guy. As Long as he is supporting them as good as he can, I´m fine with him living there for a bit longer, but not for eternity. They do seem to be tired of him sometimes, I´m sure it is difficult to live all under the same roof and that it sometimes feels cramped living together and it will be even more cramped once the Kids grow older (they will Need a bath schedule then) but they are still living with him, because they like him after all. I admire their hospitality and patience with him. But that´s what friends are for, when you need them, they are there for you, like a family.

2 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I´m sorry, I couldn´t find a better word at this moment, I wasn´t implying that you see him a bad guy. As Long as he is supporting them as good as he can, I´m fine with him living there for a bit longer, but not for eternity. They do seem to be tired of him sometimes, I´m sure it is difficult to live all under the same roof and that it sometimes feels cramped living together and it will be even more cramped once the Kids grow older (they will Need a bath schedule then) but they are still living with him, because they like him after all. I admire their hospitality and patience with him. But that´s what friends are for, when you need them, they are there for you, like a family.

He needs to move out and on now. He's quasi dating Denise. What's he gonna do after a date, bring her to Howardette's house for coitus? 😏

2 hours ago, chucky said:

He needs to move out and on now. He's quasi dating Denise. What's he gonna do after a date, bring her to Howardette's house for coitus? 😏

They could go to her place or a hotel (or hostel). 

"At the end, you see everyone in prison, where they get picked up by their wifes. When Mrs Rostenkowski comes for her husband, he refuses to admit that he got arrested and insists, that he wanted to stay by Howard´s side to make sure, that he is safe from the other prisoners. 

I´m sorry, for the long reply, I got carried away. As always. "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------😁

A great idea for a story. Thank you, Desdemona.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 1

I think Stuart should find a million dollar comic book, or finally become famous for his art.  Howard and Bernie would  be stunned, but Howard would be as excited as Stuart about it. And then Stuart could buy something nice for Howardette and the kids and be proud of himself.

• Like 2

New interview: https://www.glamour.com/story/big-bang-theory-spin-off

Some interesting thing about Bernie:

Switching gears to Bernadette, she has two children under two. Are we going to see any of these children, especially in the last season?

SH: [Laughs] There’s no plans to see them, but who knows what the finale will hold? Right now, we won’t see them. But definitely those are interesting stories; we’re all parents and mothers and fathers here on staff to tell stories about balancing a job, family, and kids. We have a story coming up where they’ve built a playhouse in the backyard for their kids, and Bernadette starts hiding out in it because she needs a little bit of time to herself and feels guilty about it. We talk about all of that.

I've been satisfied with the way they wrote about Bernie's "job balancing family" thing, looks like we will get another plot about this.

I admire Bernie for being a working Mom, very inspiring. I remember one episode, that she came back to work, when the old feelings came, she immediately got into the working mode. And at home, she could be so sweet and sleep with little Halley in the same bed.   She didn't get boring, of course, on the contrary, I think she has been very cool and still remained the snarky side that I just love so much. (I say this with all the love to her, hahaha) . A lot of her lines are just pure gold.  

Very excited to see this plot happening. And with some Howardette interactions, of course. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, KripkeRules said:

New interview: https://www.glamour.com/story/big-bang-theory-spin-off

Some interesting thing about Bernie:

Switching gears to Bernadette, she has two children under two. Are we going to see any of these children, especially in the last season?

SH: [Laughs] There’s no plans to see them, but who knows what the finale will hold? Right now, we won’t see them. But definitely those are interesting stories; we’re all parents and mothers and fathers here on staff to tell stories about balancing a job, family, and kids. We have a story coming up where they’ve built a playhouse in the backyard for their kids, and Bernadette starts hiding out in it because she needs a little bit of time to herself and feels guilty about it. We talk about all of that.

I've been satisfied with the way they wrote about Bernie's "job balancing family" thing, looks like we will get another plot about this.

I admire Bernie for being a working Mom, very inspiring. I remember one episode, that she came back to work, when the old feelings came, she immediately got into the working mode. And at home, she could be so sweet and sleep with little Halley in the same bed.   She didn't get boring, of course, on the contrary, I think she has been very cool and still remained the snarky side that I just love so much. (I say this with all the love to her, hahaha) . A lot of her lines are just pure gold.  

Very excited to see this plot happening. And with some Howardette interactions, of course. 

Thanks for posting this @KripkeRules:giveheart:

This sounds like a wonderful episode.

I would love to see Howard crawling in through the entrance and have one of those beautiful, touching moments, where Bernie confesses about her guilty feelings and her need for time for herself and Howard just listens to her and reassures her that it´s only natural and that there is nothing selfish about wanting some time alone sometimes, because she deserves it as she is a wonderful mother and wife, who gives her family so much, so that they should give her something back, so he offers her to take the Kids out for  a walk or something and kisses her on the forehead. But as he leaves, Bernie calls him back and gives him a kiss on the lips as he leans his head into the house and says him in a sweet voice "Thank you, my hero." Howard smiles happily, his eyes sparkling, gets up, stretches his arms out and starts to run through their backyard as if he was Superman flying around, while Bernie watches him giggling.

I need some Howardette sweetness this season, so I´m looking forward to this episode!

If possible writers, please let their be a time jump for Howardette at the end of the season, where you see them play catch with their children, laughing and hugging each other.

Oh and I would like to have new intro, where you see the gang sitting in Lenny´s living room, eating.

Penny sitting on Leonard´s lap snuggled up at his chest. Sheldon and Amy smiling while they feed each other.

Raj feeding Cinnamon on the Floor. And Howard offering her a fork filled with Food, but as she tries to catch the fork with her mouth, he pulls the fork away and holds the fork above his head, so Bernie grabs onto his arms, trying to pull down the fork with food. Howard smiles at her and pulls her with his free arm down to his lap in order to kiss her.

I know there won´t be a new intro, but a woman can dream. LOL 

• Like 2

I enjoyed the interactions between Howard and Bernie in 12X01.

At that "weather girl" scene, I noticed that the audience in the studio laughed extra hard here, and I just loved that Howard was taking a few more seconds to think about the "consequences".

And they were so in sync with each other when they were watching Raj's mess-up on TV, with the popcorns in the hands, of course. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, KripkeRules said:

I enjoyed the interactions between Howard and Bernie in 12X01.

At that "weather girl" scene, I noticed that the audience in the studio laughed extra hard here, and I just loved that Howard was taking a few more seconds to think about the "consequences".

And they were so in sync with each other when they were watching Raj's mess-up on TV, with the popcorns in the hands, of course. 

I noticed that clearly, too.  😁

how_68.gif.d7b53d00a30bbbf25b7c6fc405bade19.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, veejay said:

I noticed that clearly, too

It's good to see Howard think about the consequences when conversing with Bernadette. Just wish Raj would learn that lesson to think before texting or speaking.

• Like 2

The first episode didn´t contain much Howardette scenes, but the few scraps we got were nice.

It is always nice to see them in their home, doing normal things and listening to their conversations. I really liked Bernie´s casual look, although it is weird for me to see Howard being better dressed up than his wife. 😄 (Although he would look cute with messy bed hair and his pyjama, rubbing away the sleep while he shuffles down the hallway to the toilet)

Howard´s deanpan humour always gets me. 😄

• Like 5