The Big Bang Theory Forums
Desdemona

Howardette Season 12 (Spoilers)

1 hour ago, chucky said:

It's good to see Howard think about the consequences when conversing with Bernadette. Just wish Raj would learn that lesson to think before texting or speaking.

So true!

I like that Howard and Bernie are still supportive of Raj's endeavors, but aside from the end with the guest stars his part of the show was my least favorite.

• Like 2

It was probably my favourite scene in this one when you had Howard and Bernie watching Raj's car crash interview. Howard's 'pull up Raj pull up!' was hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Loved Howardette's "in sync with each other" in second episode, they both noticed "something is wrong with Stuart's face". LOL.

I also loved Bernie's kind and helpful advices about Stuart's "orange situation", I know she could be a Queen of sarcastic (I love this trait about her, BTW), but she could also be sweet and thoughtful. She is never boring, to me, unlike some other characters, oh, well. 

Looking forward to seeing more of these two's wonderfulness.

• Like 2

Howard is the most underrated character! Simon has perfect comedic timing and Melissa plays off him beautifully. I love it when we  have scenes where they are reacting with the other characters. And I see them as getting along with best with Denise if her romance with Stuart develops. I think it will, too, because she clearly showed a sense of humor about and accepted the situation.

• Like 2

You are right @Zimtzicke, Simon and Melissa are doing are fantastic Job, it is always a pleasure to watch them act together. I hope they both get role offers for other shows or even movies, because they are both great and I don´t want them to disappear from screen like it often happens with actors once their shows are over.

But back to the Episode.

It was nice to see them giving Stuart advices.

Howard´s "how do you Oompa-loompaey-Do?" when he saw Stuart´s orange skin was very sweet.

Stuart and Denise are very sweet together, I loved how clumpsy but still cute they acted around each other, when they were struggling whether they should hug or shake hands and how they patted each others head at the end to say goodbye. (I don´t know why, but I think this clumsiness is very cute)

Howard´s "Are you sure she wasn´t breathing life back in him?" when Raj mentioned that he saw them kissing, was like a metaphor for me, because she really brings possitivity and joy to his life, so he´s starting to enjoy life more and is less depressive like he was in the past (Oh Boy, I still can´t stand all these suicide jokes about Stuart, they made me cringe and feel so bad for him, so I hope that things turn for good for him, now that he succeeds with his comic book store and starts to date Denise)

I think she really likes his quirks as she was still going out with him, even if he looked like an orange chicken. LOL 

Even if Howardette act sarcastic, they still care about their friends. 

I always love it, when they are making comments about their daily life like Howard when he said, that he can leave the bathroom door open when he pees and that Bernie doesn´t mind, while she says that she does. I would love to see a domestic banter like that one.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Desdemona said:

Howard´s "how do you Oompa-loompaey-Do?" when he saw Stuart´s orange skin was very sweet.

Don't think Stuart thought it was sweet, but I thought it was hilarious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chucky said:

Don't think Stuart thought it was sweet, but I thought it was hilarious.

You are absolutely right. It was. If we are going to have some good comedy this season I will be very happy,

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

You are absolutely right. It was. If we are going to have some good comedy this season I will be very happy,

I really loved Denise's reaction as well! 

• Like 1

The scenes of Howard and Bernie were the funniest parts in 12X03, I really loved these two, hope to see more of their interactions. LOL. 

Their "suffering" of "Stuart bringing Denise home" gave me a "parents' reactions of a teenage son brings his girlfriend into his room" vibe, LMAO.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KripkeRules said:

The scenes of Howard and Bernie were the funniest parts in 12X03, I really loved these two, hope to see more of their interactions. LOL. 

Their "suffering" of "Stuart bringing Denise home" gave me a "parents' reactions of a teenage son brings his girlfriend into his room" vibe, LMAO.  

I liked them reacting to Stuart and Denise. I think Bernadette was too mean this episode, but I liked their reaction to Stuart abd Denise (and that Michael doesn't have that monstreous cry! LOL)

2 hours ago, bfm said:

(and that Michael doesn't have that monstreous cry! LOL)

Yeah, they van definitely tell which baby is crying.  :sungum:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Howard and Bernadette ruled this ep. They were SO funny.

Seems as though "Smooth Operator" is their new favorite song!   :hi:

A Howardette episode, yay!!! 😃

And what a great episode it was for them, although to be honest, I´m not happy with every part of this story.

But first the good things about this episode.

Howardette reading (although Bernie only pretended to read, while she was shopping. But Howard saw through her 😉)

I really love to see Stuart and Denise getting along so well and to see a woman that gives Stuart this kind of admiring and smiling looks, that I´ve been always hoping for to happen for him. Please writers, keep going with them!

When Denise mentioned that she´d like to read more, it was funny how Bernie lifted her glasses up a bit, with this funny face and said "Well, if it is important,

you´ll find the time" acting all cool and selfconfident, as if she was saying "I´m a power woman, who can handle, work, kids, household and find the time to read, so take that, bitch!"

My first big laugh was when Stuart and Denise (or how about Stenise?) went into his room and Howardette argued, whether they are doing it or not.

"They are sitting in his room doing stuff." (Yeah, hot stuff for sure. 😉)

"Come on, we are sitting here, they are not gonna do anything." 

Smooth Operator song plays.

LOL

My favorite Bernie moment, was when she told Penny, that she´s way behind her work, because Howard and Michael were laughing and playing like a couple of jerks and were up all night. This made cry tears of laughter and joy, because it shows how Howard wants to be a better dad for his son, than his own was for him. 

I wished we had seen how Howard makes funny facial expressions while Michael does this cute baby giggle noises and Bernie rolls on the floor laughing in her own pee puddle. LOL 

Howard being worried about Raj decision, to give up on romance and wanting to agree to an arranged marriage.

Howard and Bernie lamenting on how their friends don´t understand their worries. 

Bernie: "We are married, we have great kids, great jobs, this great house..."

Smooth Operator song plays again. This scene was hilarious, because I loved Howardette´s change of facial expressions, from being annoyed, to feeling uncomfortable and wishing that it does end soon, to grabbing each others hands and crying. 

Speaking about crying the next scene on my list, made me tear up again. Howard conversation with Raj.

"Look, I´m sorry about yesterday, you were right. I´ve known you a long time and you believe in romance more than any person I´ve ever met. It´s hard to see you give up on that. But if you really think marrying this woman is making you happy than you have my complete and total support. I´ll be with you every single step of the way." (OMG, this was so beautiful, it seems that Howard has learnt his lesson last season, when Raj broke ties with him and wants him to make him understand, why he reacted so harsh. I understand you Howard and it makes me love you even more)

It is amazing how after all these years, Howard still gets so excited to have sex with Bernie, like on their first time ❤️)

-"Smooth Operator" vs. Howard´s workout remix (Why am not surprised about the lyrics in this song? LOL)

Raj´s reaction on Anu´s proposal and his "OMG, OMG, yes of course, yes of course, I marry you!" was hilarious (The woman next to him, who was sitting on that bar stool, was me LOL) 

I´m sorry for the long post, but there were so many good things to gush over, that I couldn´t restrain myself! So forgive me! 😁

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Howard and Bernadette ruled this ep. They were SO funny.

I think they had help from "Cool Operator"!

Now to the things I didn´t like about this episode.

To be honest, as much as I liked it that Raj got a proposal and freaked out like the romantic girly man he is, I´m not sure if Anu is the right one for him.

I can´t tell why, but she reminds me of Raj´s mother, who seemed to be the demanding, bossy part in his parents relationship as well. She even has similar looks.

So it´s no wonder, Raj´s dad choose her, because he seems to have a thing for this kind of women. But maybe the writers change her a bit over the remaining episodes. 

Leonard´s happy face when he thought, that Penny was pregnant and the heartbreaking moment, she confessed that she actually doesn´t want to have kids.

(I felt so bad for Leonard, because he was so happy about the thought to finally become a father it broke my heart into thousand little pieces :icon_cry:)

Bernie´s and Penny´s fight over Penny decision. (It is totally fine if Penny doesn´t want to have kids and Bernie should respect that. On the other hand, I can understand, that Bernie thinks she would change her mind maybe and maybe she will one day, but it doesn´t help to push her on that matter, because it is

Penny´s choice after all and an important step which shouldn´t be taken lightly)

Leonard calling Penny´s dad behind her back. Come on Leonard, I understand that you don´t want to give up on having children, but it was such a poor choice, to call your father-in-law for support, because this is something which you and Penny have to solve out on your own and no one else.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Leonard calling Penny´s dad behind her back. Come on Leonard, I understand that you don´t want to give up on having children, but it was such a poor choice, to call your father-in-law for support, because this is something which you and Penny have to solve out on your own and no one else.

Since we don't know why he called, I 'll refraim from being judgemental on Leonard. Maybe he just asked for advise and Wyatt decided to call Penny on his own. I did like "Cool Operator" though and Howardette's reactions!

Edited by chucky

Smooth Operator is my new favorite song! Damn Stuart, didn't know you had it in you!

3 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I can´t tell why, but she reminds me of Raj´s mother, who seemed to be the demanding, bossy part in his parents relationship as well. She even has similar looks.

Well, it's not like Raj doesn't need a strong person in his life. He can be such a mope at times. We'll see. I'm still hoping as they are together more we'll see more chemistry. But I never exactly saw Raj's dad as a pushover.

So it´s no wonder, Raj´s dad choose her, because he seems to have a thing for this kind of women. But maybe the writers change her a bit over the remaining episodes. 

The woman Raj's dad shows Raj on his phone doesn't look like that, but that's just my intuition,

Edited by Die Zimtzicke

She seems to be the take charge kind of person. I believe Raj needs that right now. I'm wondering if he still listens to Kenny G?

19 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The woman Raj's dad shows Raj on his phone doesn't look like that, but that's just my intuition,

You are right.

R: Is that who you're going to set me up with?
Father: No! That's who I'm dating. But maybe she has an older sister.

1 hour ago, veejay said:

You are right.

R: Is that who you're going to set me up with?
Father: No! That's who I'm dating. But maybe she has an older sister.

Truly loved that scene!  :sungum:

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

But I never exactly saw Raj's dad as a pushover.

Especially since the divorce!

Bernie talking in the Russian accent and telling Penny about the role playing was hilarious. And it was fun to see a Howardette bed scene again. Simon and Melissa have great comedic timing together.

• Like 4