The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kev0821

The Kominsky Method

From Variety

Chuck Lorre Gets Personal as Kudos Pile Up for ‘The Kominsky Method’

With three SAG Award noms adding to the momentum of kudos recognition for Netflix’s “The Kominsky Method,” the show has quickly become the most well-received series in Chuck Lorre’s long career in television. It’s also among the most personal.

“I wanted to write about getting older and all that that entails,” Lorre told Variety. “I wanted to write about people losing loved ones and dealing with health issues and grown children. I found this wonderful avenue through Netflix where there were no ratings restrictions and they were totally supportive. I could write without looking over my shoulder.”

“Kominsky” revolves around the close friendship of an aging acting teacher, played by Michael Douglas, and his longtime friend and agent, played by Alan Arkin. In the past two weeks, the Warner Bros. TV series, which bowed Nov. 21, has racked up Golden Globe and Critics Choice Award nominations as well as an AFI mention.

“Gratifying doesn’t even begin to cover how extraordinary this has been,” Lorre said of the kudos recognition.

<full article in the link>

Golden Globes - 3 nominations

Critics Choice Awards - 2 nominations

Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards - 3 nominations

American Film Institute (AFI) -TV Program of the Year Honoree

• Like 1