Penny's sister?

19 hours ago, Rick_P said:

Just wondering when and if we are ever going to meet her.

That is a question that has been brought up here before.  Some were disappointed when she didn't come to the re-do wedding.  Of course, we haven't seen any of Bernadette's siblings, only one o Raj's, so who really knows.  My guess would be if they ever think up a plot that includes her, is when we'll see her. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rick_P said:

I am new here.  Thanks for the reply.

That was one reason your posts didn't show up right away.  As an anti-spam measure, you have to have a certain number of post approved by a moderator or Administrator, before being free to post.  Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your time here.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Shapama said:

What do we know about her? Then we could probably guess who could play her. 

Well, depending on your ingenuity, it might be difficult based on few known facts. 😁

• In "The Parking Spot Escalation“ (6/9), Penny mentioned her sister has given her the first bikini wax.
  • In "The Status Quo Combustion" (7/24), it was implied that Penny’s sister was pregnant when she got married.
  • In "The Bachelor Party Corrosion" (3/9), Penny mentions that her sister’s water broke at the wedding reception.

o_739.gif.6fa857787fadff7273a949073dd6dee2.gif

6 minutes ago, veejay said:

Well, depending on your ingenuity, it might be difficult based on few known facts. 😁

• In "The Parking Spot Escalation“ (6/9), Penny mentioned her sister has given her the first bikini wax.
  • In "The Status Quo Combustion" (7/24), it was implied that Penny’s sister was pregnant when she got married.
  • In "The Bachelor Party Corrosion" (3/9), Penny mentions that her sister’s water broke at the wedding reception.

And in season 2 Penny said she had a 13 year old nephew, presumably he's he sister's son. That was 2009. Let's say her sister was at least 16 when she had him. That would make her at least 38 now. My guess would be she's somewhere in her early fourties. That's why I suggested Christina Applegate and Elizabeth Banks who are somewhat older than that. Reese Witherspoon could also be an option. (Fun fact, Apllegate and Witherspoon played Rachel's sisters in Friends)

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

Another possibility is the nephew was the sister’s step-son.  In “The Boyfriend Complexity” Penny’s dad mentions he wants grandchildren.  This would seem to indicate the nephew wasn’t her sisters natural son and her wedding and water breaking, was after 4-9. Or, it indicates the writers don’t remember what they wrote before. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Or, it indicates the writers don’t remember what they wrote before. 

I think that's very likely. 

Anyway Penny could have a sister about 8 years older than her, especially if Penny is the youngest (I don't think they ever said where she is in the sibling order, I used to think she was the middle child but then they took McBrayer who looks obviously older than her).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Or, it indicates the writers don’t remember what they wrote before. 

I don't think that Holland's merry band even cares what was previously written. Seeing all the changes being made to Sheldon's past due to "YS".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bfm said:

I think that's very likely. 

Anyway Penny could have a sister about 8 years older than her, especially if Penny is the youngest (I don't think they ever said where she is in the sibling order, I used to think she was the middle child but then they took McBrayer who looks obviously older than her).

If we go by the actor's ages as a point of reference Penny's mom could have had Randall at about 19/20 years, Penny in her early 30s and the mysterious sister somewhen in between in her early to mid 20s. It would all make sense with the other remarks.

The only thing that may not fit is the Wyatt remark that sounds like he doesn't have any grandkids at all. But maybe he just really meant it literally - as in plural and not just the one kid. Plus he wants them "to grow up in a house without wheels " - maybe that's the kind of home where the sister lives. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Penny said she was a surprise to her parents. The 'afterthought' or the 'mistake' in a family tends to be the youngest,  If Penny was 22 or 23 when she had a 13-year-old nephew, it suggests her sister was quite a bit older than her. Her nephew will be about 23 now. 

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, April said:

If we go by the actor's ages as a point of reference Penny's mom could have had Randall at about 19/20 years, Penny in her early 30s and the mysterious sister somewhen in between in her early to mid 20s. It would all make sense with the other remarks.

The only thing that may not fit is the Wyatt remark that sounds like he doesn't have any grandkids at all. But maybe he just really meant it literally - as in plural and not just the one kid. Plus he wants them "to grow up in a house without wheels " - maybe that's the kind of home where the sister lives. lol

The sister could also be the oldest and Randall younger than McBrayer. 

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 5:18 AM, veejay said:

Also, in season 1, episode 2 "The Big Bran Hypothesis," Penny mentions that her sister shot her husband when they were both drunk. I think a great choice would be Amy Davidson, a.k.a. "Kerry" from 8 Simple Rules. She is older than Kaley in real life, although she played the younger sister in the series. Plus, Kaley and Amy have great chemistry and are still close friends.

On 8/12/2018 at 5:23 AM, bfm said:

And in season 2 Penny said she had a 13 year old nephew, presumably he's he sister's son. That was 2009. Let's say her sister was at least 16 when she had him. That would make her at least 38 now. My guess would be she's somewhere in her early fourties. That's why I suggested Christina Applegate and Elizabeth Banks who are somewhat older than that. Reese Witherspoon could also be an option. (Fun fact, Apllegate and Witherspoon played Rachel's sisters in Friends)

I also like your choices, especially Christina Applegate. I'd love to see Penny interact with her nephew. They'd be great characters for a potential trip to Omaha.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Depends if the Sister is older or younger. Seeing shes older. Keep it in the family huh. Katy Seagal played Pennys mother. So Amy Davidson would be good. Christina Applegate be good too. 

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Depends if the Sister is older or younger. Seeing shes older. Keep it in the family huh. Katy Seagal played Pennys mother. So Amy Davidson would be good. Christina Applegate be good too. 

Amy Davidson would work either way. I believe Penny, as is Leonard, is the youngest child in the family.

33 minutes ago, chucky said:

Amy Davidson would work either way. I believe Penny, as is Leonard, is the youngest child in the family.

Leonard is the middle child, his brother is the youngest.

As for Penny's sister, she had a 13-year-old (could be step but still) and was married when Penny was in her early twenties, and was the one to give Penny her first wax, which makes me believe she's older although it is possible to make her slightly younger. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bfm said:

Leonard is the middle child, his brother is the youngest.

As for Penny's sister, she had a 13-year-old (could be step but still) and was married when Penny was in her early twenties, and was the one to give Penny her first wax, which makes me believe she's older although it is possible to make her slightly younger. 

Okay, thanks for clearing that up!

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Remembering her reaction to being called 'Ma'am', I'd like to see the look on Penny's face when she hears her sister is a grandma which makes her a great-aunt. It could happen any time soon.

• Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Remembering her reaction to being called 'Ma'am', I'd like to see the look on Penny's face when she hears her sister is a grandma which makes her a great-aunt. It could happen any time soon.

Nice idea

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Wow, a great-aunt and not even a mother.

• Like 1

I hope not. There are too many characters to wrap up now. I don't mind if previous guest stars make a farewell appearance, but we don't need new ones. I don't care about Penny's sister, Leonard's brother, Bernie's siblings, or some of these other random relatives in the slightest.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I think it is quite upsetting that we don't meet Lisa, i read a comment about how we don't meet Bernadettes siblings and only one of Raj's siblings. However, I think that because we met her brother at her re-do wedding we should have met Lisa, this leads me to think that they could have possible had a falling out and Penny didn't want her at her wedding.