Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

1201 'The Conjugal Configuration' (September 24)

Recommended Posts

'The Conjugal Configuration' - Season 12, Episode 1 
Airs Monday, September 24 at 8/7c on CBS.

Sheldon and Amy's honeymoon runs aground in New York, while Penny and Leonard discover they are uncomfortably similar to Amy's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Fowler. Also, Koothrappali insults physicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and starts a Twitter war.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

misc_426.gif.4347d5c79a7f76b3eb728320a53649cc.gif

It truly is!

misc_425.gif.b85f8e24e515e3d449f8184f412690e2.gif

:icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 4:39 AM, veejay said:

misc_426.gif.4347d5c79a7f76b3eb728320a53649cc.gif

It truly is!

misc_425.gif.b85f8e24e515e3d449f8184f412690e2.gif

:icon_cheesygrin:

Too bad the writers could have written an episode that celebrated the first time Penny met the guys 11 years ago 9/24/07. Amy and Bernadette could of went on a trip. Instead we get this _h_t and the other storyline.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Instead we get this _h_t and the other storyline.

I'm not going to call it _h_t until I see it. I love Teller.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm not going to call it _h_t until I see it. I love Teller.

Wedding episodes are like baby episodes. Boring

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm not going to call it _h_t until I see it. I love Teller.

Love people with open minds! I think it looks great. Teller makes me laugh.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Wedding episodes are like baby episodes. Boring

Well, we agree on baby episodes. I don't want to see any of those for anyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm not going to call it _h_t until I see it. I love Teller.

 

12 hours ago, Sah said:

Love people with open minds! I think it looks great. Teller makes me laugh.

My problem isn’t really with the Teller storyline. It’s the wedding one. Since you have an open mind you should be okay with either a Penny or Amy pregnancy. Just an Amy one I’m guessing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Since you have an open mind you should be okay with either a Penny or Amy pregnancy. Just an Amy one I’m guessing?

If you mean me, I do not want any more pregnancy storylines at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

If you mean me, I do not want any more pregnancy storylines at all.

I wasn’t referring to you on this one. I think, sadly IMO, some would be okay with an Amy one.

Edited by Chrismo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decisions, Decisions...
My Bucs, who are 2-0 for the first time in 8 YEARS and just beat the Super Bowl Champs Eagles are scheduled to play the Steelers on Monday Night Football on Sept 24th!
Think I might miss at least the first quarter...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

Decisions, Decisions...
My Bucs, who are 2-0 for the first time in 8 YEARS and just beat the Super Bowl Champs Eagles are scheduled to play the Steelers on Monday Night Football on Sept 24th!
Think I might miss at least the first quarter...

Do you remember Season 7 - The Indecision Amalgamation?
 "Amy: How about this? I've heard that if you flip a coin, it will tell you how you actually feel."
Good luck! 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

n_450.gif.23fed1b4bf14736aca468f7d4f44837f.gif

No, it's not Sheldon yelling. 😁
(Sneak peek from 12/1)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2018 at 1:24 AM, veejay said:

n_450.gif.23fed1b4bf14736aca468f7d4f44837f.gif

No, it's not Sheldon yelling. 😁
(Sneak peek from 12/1)

Wicked witch of the West, Mrs Fowler?

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 6:39 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm not going to call it _h_t until I see it. I love Teller.

Well it seems I was right. I did like Amy’s parents though.

The Shamy storyline was predictable. Do we need to hear the coitus and Sheldon’s schedule again. I did laugh at the bellhop and the group who stopped and watched them argue. Though on the tour do we need to see Sheldon be a know it all again?

The Lenny storyline was okay. Amy parents were funny and the mother appearing to learn a lesson from his disappearance. the Lenny part however stretched believability. I didn’t buy Leonard is that scared of Penny. Howard and Bernadette  I might of believed.

The Raj storyline was mostly silly. I did laugh when he was interviewed by the tv reporter. The Raj Tyson feud was just silly.

i didn’t understand the entire tag was devoted to Tyson. With the  review of the finale it seem like a lot of wasted time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Mayim's take on the episode

Vulture's recap

I’m not sure why the reviewer from Vulture is mentioning that’s Lenny had nothing in common. It had nothing to do with this episode

Entertainments recap wasn’t so good

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  see this as something similar to two years ago, when the TPTB were surprised that anyone thought that Leonard and Penny would be headed toward divorce.   They write them intentionally as if they shouldn't be together, then are surprised when people say anything about it.  

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I  see this as something similar to two years ago, when the TPTB were surprised that anyone thought that Leonard and Penny would be headed toward divorce.   They write them intentionally as if they shouldn't be together, then are surprised when people say anything about it.  

I guess I know more than the woman from Vulture?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stuff with Leonard and Penny was funny even if it was not particularly “nice” or in character.  I did watch the Sheldon Amy stuff and it was saccharine sweet but not a bit funny.  The Raj stuff was also not great.  The Hofsteders with Amy’s parents was very good.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Well it seems I was right. I did like Amy’s parents though.

The Shamy storyline was predictable. Do we need to hear the coitus and Sheldon’s schedule again. I did laugh at the bellhop and the group who stopped and watched them argue. Though on the tour do we need to see Sheldon be a know it all again?

The Lenny storyline was okay. Amy parents were funny and the mother appearing to learn a lesson from his disappearance. the Lenny part however stretched believability. I didn’t buy Leonard is that scared of Penny. Howard and Bernadette  I might of believed.

The Raj storyline was mostly silly. I did laugh when he was interviewed by the tv reporter. The Raj Tyson feud was just silly.

i didn’t understand the entire tag was devoted to Tyson. With the  review of the finale it seem like a lot of wasted time.

I have to agree with most of your post, the whole thing about Leonard being scared of Penny was absolutely ridiculous, don’t the writers even remember the world they created that these characters live in and how they act in it.  This almost seems like desperate writing, gasping at anything THEY think is funny.  I did like the interaction of Penny and Leonard with the Fowlers, some of Penny’s old characteristics came through, her nosiness and her taking everything critical comment of Leonard’s the wrong way.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.