The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

1201 'The Conjugal Configuration' (September 24)

I found most of it funny except for the Shamy stuff past the opening. For me that brought the episode down to just good. I enjoyed Amy's parents especially and thought the Leonard - Teller comparison was great insofar as Teller could have been an old Leonard.

I thought Penny had some good lines.

I can't take the whole thing at all seriously.  It started in legoland.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I found most of it funny except for the Shamy stuff past the opening. For me that brought the episode down to just good. I enjoyed Amy's parents especially and thought the Leonard - Teller comparison was great insofar as Teller could have been an old Leonard.

I thought Penny had some good lines.

I can't take the whole thing at all seriously.  It started in legoland.

I agree. 😁

misc_439.gif.b1635ddfeec06b5ea2df15a3bb5fa3ac.gif

• Like 3

Amy and Sheldon's Honeymoon Doesn't Go As Planned on 'The Big Bang Theory'

glamour

Our dear Jessica R. seems to have lost the overview. Her description of a new episode of TBBT must have been one-eyed. Some other characters have been lost in space.

• Like 2

Gotta say, the Raj storyline could have been so funny if they let him get into a real nerdy fight with NdGT over some minor detail and not just some stupid shit to get some sort of popularity. What a wasted opportunity!

Lenny's interactions with Amy's parents were hilarious! I'm a bit surprised they had Teller talk so much. (Well, much is relative here, I guess.) But that was fun!

Shamy thoughts are in the Shamy thread but in short I thought their story was adorable as usual.

• Like 4

I liked most of it. The best part for me was the end with Tyson and Nye but the Lego breakfast was also cute. The storyline with Raj could have been better, though. The best line in the whole ep for me was the one about deGrasse kicking. Teller was as good as I expected. I don't know why people are always surprised when he talks, even if he's playing a character. It's almost like Arthur Marx. Yes, he could talk. Just not when he was playing Harpo. The Lenny disagreement could have been avoided if Leonard had stuck to the point that they have nothing in common in my opinion, because I never thought they did. Not their backgrounds, their families, their education, their jobs, their hobbies...just their friends now.

I liked Vulture's recap.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
missed a spot
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I liked most of it. The best part for me was the end with Tyson and Nye but the Lego breakfast was also cute. The storyline with Raj could have been better, though. The best line in the whole ep for me was the one about deGrasse kicking. Teller was as good as I expected. I don't know why people are always surprised when he talks, even if he's playing a character. It's almost like Arthur Marx. Yes, he could talk. Just not when he was playing Harpo. The Lenny disagreement could have been avoided if Leonard had stuck to the point that they have nothing in common in my opinion, because I never thought they did. Not their backgrounds, their families, their education, their jobs, their hobbies...just their friends now.

Just their LOVE...

n_289.gif.d431f52438ca911e1672f9766b5b0dc2.gif

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yeah, whatever. Nothing in common to base it on, though.

Nothing in common had nothing to do with the episode.

It is interesting that Shamy had a big argument on their honeymoon and had to do a sort of re-evaluation of their relationship, Amy really didn’t look that happy to me and seemed to be having second thoughts, just like Penny did.  This was very similar to Lenny having initial problems, but for different reasons of course, but it did seem to me that the writers were using the same post wedding conflict plot idea for Shamy as they did for Lenny.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SRAM said:

It is interesting that Shamy had a big argument on their honeymoon and had to do a sort of re-evaluation of their relationship, Amy really didn’t look that happy to me and seemed to be having second thoughts, just like Penny did.  This was very similar to Lenny having initial problems, but for different reasons of course, but it did seem to me that the writers were using the same post wedding conflict plot idea for Shamy as they did for Lenny.

No originality on the part of the writers. Same plot, different window dressing! 

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, veejay said:

This seems to me to be the most credible and meaningful summary of this episode. From my point of view, I have nothing more to add.

EW

"Hopefully, the familiar nature of this episode is just a stumbling block, and not a sign of things to come. As The Big Bang Theory enters its final season, and these characters enter new phases of their lives, there are so many possible stories to tell.
It just has to stop telling all the same ones."

misc_440.gif.8ece86e7d9901264d41974cbb2d76832.gif

😉

Unbiased review. Amen

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I liked Vulture's recap.
Still haven't figured out why you have to have things in common to fall in love

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

The obvious answer is you don’t, that is why the saying “Opposites Attract” was associated with relationships.  The real reason is you never know what will attract two people together, there are so many factors to consider and the people who study it still don’t have a complete answer.  The thing is with this story, with episode one, we have been shown that Penny and Leonard are attracted to each other.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

You don't, the mantra of 'opposites attract' has been proven enough.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, chucky said:

No originality on the part of the writers. Same plot, different window dressing! 

The thing is the best parts of the episode were the bellhop, the tv interviewer, and Amy's parents. and Neil DeGrasse (and Bill Nye)

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't know why people are always surprised when he talks, even if he's playing a character.

Well, if you mean my post with that: I wasn't surprised he talked at all but that it were a lot more lines. I mean, in comparison to 11x24 where he had just two words. I thought they might continue with that running gag about him not getting a word in edgewise.

Not that I thought it was bad or anything - I love Teller! He's excellent, with or without words. lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, April said:

Not that I thought it was bad or anything - I love Teller! He's excellent, with or without words. lol

No, I meant in general. He is awesome.

59 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Nothing in common had nothing to do with the episode.

That is part of what the disagreement was about. Penny said the Fowlers had nothing in common. Viewers have been saying that about Penny and Leonard for years and the writers have been implying it for years. That is all.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Bit of a huge leap there, I think clearly Amy wasn't happy with Sheldon in that moment but regretting getting married, hell no.

They are going to have arguments going forward, they are going to fall out with each other, they would if they were just boyfriend and girlfriend or fiance and fiancee. It's how they respond to it that matters.

Look I have some issues with this story in this particular episode and some of the behavior involving my favourite couple. But they talked it out and resolved it in the end that's what is important.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

This seems to me to be the most credible and meaningful summary of this episode. From my point of view, I have nothing more to add.

The comment about it being inconsequential considering it's the last season though is not relevant since they didn't know it was the last season when they wrote this ep.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Bit of a huge leap there, I think clearly Amy wasn't happy with Sheldon in that moment but regretting getting married, hell no.

They are going to have arguments going forward, they are going to fall out with each other, they would if they were just boyfriend and girlfriend or fiance and fiancee. It's how they respond to it that matters.

Look I have some issues with this story in this particular episode and some of the behavior involving my favourite couple. But they talked it out and resolved it in the end that's what is important.

The Shamy argument was pretty minor. It's not like Amy was booking another hotel room or anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Yes, that's what's important. It was seriously discussed and a resolution was obtained.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

The comment about it being inconsequential considering it's the last season though is not relevant since they didn't know it was the last season when they wrote this ep.

Heck, they didn't even know it was the last season when they filmed this ep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Yeah, whatever. Nothing in common to base it on, though.

Why exactly do you need something to base it on?   My wife and I didn't really have anything in common when we started dating (well, except for working at the same place, and that went away a month or so after we started dating).  We're still here 41 years later.  I don't get your point. 

• Like 5