The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

1201 'The Conjugal Configuration' (September 24)

Neil deGrasse Tyson was a guest on The View this past Monday. They briefly mentioned his appearance in "The Conjugal Configuration" at 8:21.

Edited by Kev0821
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I see the Periodic Table shower curtain in now in 4B.

You only noticed now??? Almost 2 seasons since it moved there??

PRjudgingyou.gif.1691a67aa177a6b6bf0fc78eb9161c30.gif

Now, go back and rewatch S10!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I thought I had lowered my expectations so far that I couldn't be disappointed, but I underestimated the programme makers. I thought that after most of S11 was wasted on the lead-up to the Shamy wedding we'd at least be shot of that now they're married, but no - we had to see their boring togetherness in NYC. The makers could surely have given it a rest and limited Shamy to skyping in briefly.

The Quality Reduction Programme that began when they started to make Shamy the romantic couple took another step by retaining Amy's parents for another ep. Such crude and witless humour. Just compare them with Beverley and Alfred to see how far they lower the standard.

For the first time ever, I felt there was no chemistry between Leonard and Penny. Maybe JG and KC have finally decided that if the writers and showrunner don't bother, why should they. Or just got fed up with wasting their great talents on the dross they're given.

Overall, I got the feeling that the characters in this ep weren't the ones we know. It was as though it had been written by a new team who'd been given a single paragraph on each character but had never watched the show.

• Like 6

That's the reason I stopped watching in mid S10. I see & feel so for lenny fans. In my heart my lenny love stopped at S6. Onwards is a lenny I don't recognise or relate to. There is nothing tptb can do to shock me. They have not cared about lenny for years and I sussed it in time to get out, that's why, not bothered or shocked in whatever they do.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

That's the reason I stopped watching in mid S10. I see & feel so for Lenny fans. In my heart my Lenny love stopped at S6. Onward is a Lenny I don't recognize or relate to. There is nothing tptb can do to shock me. They have not cared about Lenny for years and I sussed it in time to get out, that's why, not bothered or shocked in whatever they do.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I have come to the same conclusion! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

I thought I had lowered my expectations so far that I couldn't be disappointed, but I underestimated the programme makers. I thought that after most of S11 was wasted on the lead-up to the Shamy wedding we'd at least be shot of that now they're married, but no - we had to see their boring togetherness in NYC. The makers could surely have given it a rest and limited Shamy to skyping in briefly.

The Quality Reduction Programme that began when they started to make Shamy the romantic couple took another step by retaining Amy's parents for another ep. Such crude and witless humour. Just compare them with Beverley and Alfred to see how far they lower the standard.

For the first time ever, I felt there was no chemistry between Leonard and Penny. Maybe JG and KC have finally decided that if the writers and showrunner don't bother, why should they. Or just got fed up with wasting their great talents on the dross they're given.

Overall, I got the feeling that the characters in this ep weren't the ones we know. It was as though it had been written by a new team who'd been given a single paragraph on each character but had never watched the show.

I hear ya, bro. I'm happy enough with the Shamy stories. I don't care which couple is the dominant one in any episode. The Lenny courtship and engagement was so dragged out and on/off it never drew my interest as much as the others.  However, considering how short are the episodes these days, I would like some worthwhile use of  Lenny time. What with Penny's appallingly messy hair, clothing my mother wore in 1970, husband dressed all the time as if he's just come off shift at a building site, and no storyline, a lot of talent is going to waste. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I would like some worthwhile use of  Lenny time. What with Penny's appallingly messy hair, clothing my mother wore in 1970, husband dressed all the time as if he's just come off shift at a building site, and no storyline, a lot of talent is going to waste.

So very true. 

• Like 1