If the cast member who decided to leave was Johnny instead of Jim, would the series still end?

4 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Look, all we can go by, is what is actually known. Prior to Jim’s announcement, Lorre had stated the show would not go on if Johnny, Kaley or Jim left.  We also now know, from Kaley, that Johnny and Kaley were looking toward, and expected a 13th season.  Jim, knowing what would happen if he left, made a valid personal decision to leave the show,  effectively ending the show. 
I’m not  condemning Jim for leaving, because after 12 years there are all sorts of valid personal reasons for leaving. Those facts are out there.  To deny his leaving ended the show, or conversely, to condemn Jim for a valid personal decision is simply ignoring those facts. 

I haven't agreed, will not agree and will never agree It was CL's axe that made the final blow

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, according to Lorre, yes.   He was opposed to continuing if any of the top three left (and I would argue, at this point, if Mayim left.).  Which is why I don't really see another season, one

I think the show is at a stage where the decision to end it is easier than to continue at all costs. 12 seasons is a great run and everybody knows it and retooling the whole thing so late in the game

I agree, they could not have gotten rid of just one member of a couple without writing a death or a divorce, which is too sad for a sit-com like TBBT. Breaking Shamy, Lenny or Howardette up for good w

Just now, shell said:

I haven't agreed, will not agree and will never agree It was CL's axe that made the final blow

Do you deny Jim made his decision, aware of what Lorre had said about what would happen if he left?

Do you deny Jim made his decision, aware of what Lorre had said about what would happen if he left?

So what He did not want the show to end He just wanted to end his position

12 minutes ago, shell said:

So what He did not want the show to end He just wanted to end his position

That’s not an answer to my question.  Do you deny Jim made his decision, aware of what Lorre had said about what would happen if he left?

12 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It is my understanding that the stories reported at the time was that CBS wanted two more years and I assumed all involved would negotiate for only one more year. I believe, according to the reports, that this was on a Friday and JP gave his decision to CL. Then over the weekend CL and others tried to convince JP to do one more year. When they could not change his mind then on Monday he spoke with the cast to tell them the news.

12 minutes ago, Tensor said:

That’s not an answer to my question.  Do you deny Jim made his decision, aware of what Lorre had said about what would happen if he left?

I have no idea I wasn't there and you weren't either I am moving on and NO I don't agree with you

3 minutes ago, shell said:

I have no idea I wasn't there and you weren't either I am moving on and NO I don't agree with you

You didn’t have to be there.  Lorre mentioned it before Jim made his decision, so Jim was aware. And being aware Jim knew the consequences of his decision.  There’s nothing wrong with his decision, I’m not blaming him for leaving.  The show ending was simply a result of his decision.  There’s nothing wrong with that. 
So, I’m not quite sure why you seem so upset by this, and want to deny the known facts. 

• Like 1

You didn’t have to be there.  Lorre mentioned it before Jim made his decision, so Jim was aware. And being aware Jim knew the consequences of his decision.  There’s nothing wrong with his decision, I’m not blaming him for leaving.  The show ending was simply a result of his decision.  There’s nothing wrong with that. 
So, I’m not quite sure why you seem so upset by this, and want to deny the known facts. 

I am not upset. It seems to me that no matter what, I am suppose to agree with you even when I don't. I would say you are the one upset because you can't seem to let this go. In my eyes CL decided the show will end, they could have tried to convince him to change his mind but he didn't. He had the final say. We can say we heard things thru the grapevine but we will never really know everything that was said. 

On 3/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, shell said:

I am not upset. It seems to me that no matter what, I am suppose to agree with you even when I don't. I would say you are the one upset because you can't seem to let this go. In my eyes CL decided the show will end, they could have tried to convince him to change his mind but he didn't. He had the final say. We can say we heard things thru the grapevine but we will never really know everything that was said. 

I just thought you were upset, because you keep saying you’re moving on, or are done, but keep answering.  Lorre had previously decided the show would end, ( and this wasn’t through the grapevine, it was actual quotes) if either Kaley, Jim, or Johnny left.  Jim decided to leave, triggering that decision. Is there something wrong with Jim deciding to leave?  Nope.  But, there no denying it was his decision to leave, that brought the show to an end. If Johnny or Kaley had decided to leave, that would have triggered the end of the show. 

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1