The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nevaeh Dibrof

Will "Young Sheldon" come full circle with "The Big Bang Theory" if it reaches 14 seasons?

The pilot episode is dated 1989, and the flashback episode of TBBT where Leonard first met Sheldon is dated 2003.  If "Young Sheldon" achieves longevity, I wonder if the writers will incorporate their friendship into the finale?  Although, 14 years is a rarity, and "The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet" still maintains that throne since 1966.  On top of that, Sheldon was nine years old in 1989, making him 23 in 2003, and coming-of-age sitcoms typically do not chronicle the lead character's life beyond childhood ("The Wonder Years," "Everybody Hates Chris," to name a few").  But, despite my doubts, I hope the writers will make an exception with "Young Sheldon."

Edited by Lovelycoo
  • Like 1

The pilot episode is dated 1989, and the flashback episode of TBBT where Leonard first met Sheldon is dated 2003.  If "Young Sheldon" achieves longevity, I wonder if the writers will incorporate their friendship into the finale?  Although, 14 years is a rarity, and "The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet" still maintains that throne since 1966.  On top of that, Sheldon was nine years old in 1989, making him 23 in 2003, and coming-of-age sitcoms typically do not chronicle the lead character's life beyond childhood ("The Wonder Years," "Everybody Hates Chris," to name a few").  But, despite my doubts, I hope the writers will make an exception with "Young Sheldon."

Hmm I tend to agree with you on your point about sitcoms not chronicling a characters life beyond childhood. I was a little dubious about this show when I first heard about it, but have to say I really like it.

Maybe instead of going full circle to 2003, we might get an episode when Sheldon and Leonard come close to meeting, perhaps at a summer camp for gifted children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk