Is there no hype surrounding Johnny Galecki receiving top billing, since the opening credits coincide with the start of the episode?

I noticed that the "starring Johnny Galecki" credit doesn't seem to be much of a big deal in comparison to, for example, "starring Ted Danson" on "Cheers."  I say this mainly because the opening credits of sitcoms used to have that Rockstar vibe, which is mostly attributed to the catchy theme songs that coincide.  With that said, I doubt there were any bruised egos regarding Johnny (top billed, but not as vital) and Jim (second billed, but is the cash cow of TBBT).  On "Cheers," however, Ted Danson and Shelley Long both considered themselves the star of the series and neither wanted to receive second billing. The unique placement of their names (lower left corner, upper right corner) allowed both to be considered top billing.  Do you suppose that thanks to the phasing out of theme songs, receiving top billing is no longer an ongoing dispute?  Not to bash the "little people," but realistically speaking, no one reads the opening credits during the start of a sitcom, i.e. "produced by," "directed by," etc.  Therefore, who actually pays attention to the cast members' names in TBBT, as opposed to if the names appeared during the theme song?

Edited by Lovelycoo

Johnny got top billing simply because he had a much larger body of work, along with being much better known than Jim at the time the show began.   Could also be that it's not a big deal because the actors don't care.  And I have no clue as to why you bring up  Cheers, as an explanation of the egotistic leads on that show have nothing to do with with TBBT.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Lovelycoo said:

Therefore, who actually pays attention to the cast members' names in TBBT, as opposed to if the names appeared during the theme song?

After 12 years, people know who the stares are, so it's no big deal!