What did Amy mean when she implied to Sheldon about "waiting eight years, eight long years" for something to happen???

The following dialogue was from episode 11.22, "The Monetary Insufficiency":

Amy: Sometimes when you want something big from someone, you-you got to be careful not to scare them away, you know?  You got to start small and-and build up slowly, even if it takes eight years.  Eight long years.

Sheldon: That's oddly specific.  Have you ever done that?

Amy: Nope

Right after that, Amy did the "hush hush" gesture (index finger over lips) to Penny.  I'm not understanding.  Can someone please elaborate?

Edited by Lovelycoo

22 minutes ago, Lovelycoo said:

The following dialogue was from episode 11.22, "The Monetary Insufficiency":

Amy: Sometimes when you want something big from someone, you-you got to be careful not to scare them away, you know?  You got to start small and-and build up slowly, even if it takes eight years.  Eight long years.

Sheldon: That's oddly specific.  Have you ever done that?

Amy: Nope

Right after that, Amy did the "hush hush" gesture (index finger over lips) to Penny.  I'm not understanding.  Can someone please elaborate?

Personally I believe she was referring to Sheldon and their relationship. She did believe he was a flight risk!