The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

1203 'The Procreation Calculation' (October 4)

4 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I think that's the way they are going too, but I haven't really seen droves of people accepting that. Most people I have talked to seem to be hanging on thinking that's not really the way it's going to go. They still expect to get what they want in the end. My intuition is no, but they are adamant that all this means nothing and they can't lose. We'll see.

People have hopes. I try to actively lower my hopes as much as I can because I expect to be burned. It has happened too many times already. I rather not have hopes and be pleasantly surprised than have hopes and get burned again. I try to focus on enjoying my other beloved TV shows and reading and writing fanfiction.

There are also those who are happy or okay with this which is great, I mean it. I'm happy for them. I have negative feelings toward the show and mostly its PTB right now, but that doesn't mean everyone feels or should feel this way.

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I think that's the way they are going too, but I haven't really seen droves of people accepting that. Most people I have talked to seem to be hanging on thinking that's not really the way it's going to go. ...

It’s called "Hope of Deliverance". (Paul McCartney)

Edited by veejay

At this point, it wouldn’t surprise me if by mid season Lenny breaks up and Penny finds comfort in the arms of Sheldon.

• Confused 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

11 minutes ago, SRAM said:

At this point, it wouldn’t surprise me if by mid season Lenny breaks up and Penny finds comfort in the arms of Sheldon.

nottosay.gif.6e8fe6ab5c0d1c955fb5bcee905575db.gif 

s_288.gif.c53d93c23970c0866721a4b716459920.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Run to India 1

8 hours ago, veejay said:

nottosay.gif.6e8fe6ab5c0d1c955fb5bcee905575db.gif 

s_288.gif.c53d93c23970c0866721a4b716459920.gif

I know you're funnin here. but that's blasphemy! 😊

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Nah, she runs to Raj!🤣 lets go full circle and bring it back to the worst moment in the show’s history. Finally QuickDraw gets his happy ending. That should keep this forum going for another decade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Nah, she runs to Raj!🤣 lets go full circle and bring it back to the worst moment in the show’s history. Finally QuickDraw gets his happy ending. That should keep this forum going for another decade!

I don't if you should be giving the writers ideas 

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I don't know if you should be giving the writers ideas 

I meant don't know 

• Like 2

Still waiting for Frank and Alicia to appear, honestly. This is the final season, after all.

Alicia could be portrayed by Sarah Michelle Gellar, since it has been established that Leonard (and, probably, other guys) like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

Or Aubrey Plaza, because "Parks and Recreation" (and that time travel movie).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mislav said:

Still waiting for Frank and Alicia to appear, honestly. This is the final season, after all.

Alicia could be portrayed by Sarah Michelle Gellar, since it has been established that Leonard (and, probably, other guys) like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

Or Aubrey Plaza, because "Parks and Recreation" (and that time travel movie).

If they show up first in YS, that seems realistic.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

Nah, she runs to Raj!🤣 lets go full circle and bring it back to the worst moment in the show’s history. Finally QuickDraw gets his happy ending. That should keep this forum going for another decade!emoji16.png

Now that's just soooo wrong! Because of you and SRAM, I'm gonna have nightmares!  :sungum:

• Like 2

I told my daughter on Twitter childless couples are really backing Penny about not having children. My daughter laughed she said it’s not that deep a show. My daughter also laughed about Penny being called Robin in the batmobile. She says that’s called a coincidence. It had nothing to do HIMYM.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I told my daughter on Twitter childless couples are really backing Penny about not having children. My daughter laughed she said it’s not that deep a show. My daughter also laughed about Penny being called Robin in the batmobile. She says that’s called a coincidence. It had nothing to do HIMYM.

Yeah, I’m not sure the writers sat around the table and discussed Penny becoming a role model for adults who don’t want kids ( I’m sure those comfortable with that choice over the years weren’t watching TV waiting for a spokesperson). I’m going more with “hey remember how we’ve always made Penny avoid tough decisions and commitments and make knee jerk decisions without discussing anything with Leonard? Let’s do that with kids! That should help justify our constant responses to interviews about having any more kids on the show!”

And I’m usually good at making links to other things but my reaction to “Come on Robin” was “this is the closest Leonard will ever be to getting Penny involved in cosplay ever. He’s loving it!”

But I could be wrong on both counts. Opinions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itwasdestined said:

Yeah, I’m not sure the writers sat around the table and discussed Penny becoming a role model for adults who don’t want kids ( I’m sure those comfortable with that choice over the years weren’t watching TV waiting for a spokesperson). I’m going more with “hey remember how we’ve always made Penny avoid tough decisions and commitments and make knee jerk decisions without discussing anything with Leonard? Let’s do that with kids! That should help justify our constant responses to interviews about having any more kids on the show!”

And I’m usually good at making links to other things but my reaction to “Come on Robin” was “this is the closest Leonard will ever be to getting Penny involved in cosplay ever. He’s loving it!”

I think Penny a spokesperson for birth control would be a better fit. Could do it with Howard. Of course your correct TPTB are sick of answering the baby questions Knee jerk decisions are what Penny does best. Leonard does the same thing with Wyatt and people are bent out of shape. The writers did the same with Penny’s sales job. The no baby bit just has to last till May. JMO things could change and cause a big fan reaction.

i agree with the batmobile. Just don’t think the writers are looking for any hidden Robin meetings. I give credit for the Robin connection but giving way too much credit to the writers to think they thought of that.

3 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

Unless you count the green body paint :locomotive:

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2
  • Leonard Cupid 1

5 hours ago, Itwasdestined said:

As I said, before the season there was a letter (online) by childfree women calling to seize the opportunity and have Penny represent a woman who doesn't want kids and Lenny a childfree couple. At the time I thought, nahh they are not considering what fits the characters and what has been established, you can't just drop that on a character just because she still doesn't have kids and it's an opportunity. So imagine how I feel now. I still don't believe I gave the writers more credit than they deserved, because I did lower my expectations. I never believed they can stoop to this level. Unbelievable. I guess they may have seen that letter and thought "Hey here's an idea!" without thinking about the characters, previous scenes and how fans will feel. Or maybe they did think about some fans being very upset but just didn't care.

As for Robin, I don't think they were trying to bring up HIMYM Robin but maybe they did catch that. Neverthreless I find very ironic, because Holland seems to think they are oh so original doing this plot.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Run to India 1

10 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I agree with your daughter. Sine the childless couples are backing the show, I think the showrunners are going to feel good about that, but I'm not sure how seriously they aimed for that audience segment.

• Like 1

I’m not sure how many childless couples are backing the Lenny storyline right now. I’m not sure how many are watching the show. JMO I think the majority of the fans want them to have kids or just don’t care.

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I’m not sure how many childless couples are backing the Lenny storyline right now. I’m not sure how many are watching the show. JMO I think the majority of the fans want them to have kids or just don’t care.

The problem is the writers don't seem to care about fans, at least not the segment of fans that wants that.

4 hours ago, bfm said:

The problem is the writers don't seem to care about fans, at least not the segment of fans that wants that.

JMO I think all will be forgiven if the fans, in this case Lenny fans, get the ending that is satisfactory. I know that is different  for every fan. I’m watching the Packers- Lions football game and the Lions are winning 24-0 at half time. Packers fans will forget the halftime score if the Packers come back and win no matter how bad they played in the first half.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

JMO I think all will be forgiven if the fans, in this case Lenny fans, get the ending that is satisfactory. I know that is different  for every fan. I’m watching the Packers- Lions football game and the Lions are winning 24-0 at half time. Packers fans will forget the halftime score if the Packers come back and win no matter how bad they played in the first half.

Packers are only 16 points behind now. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

I don't trust them to give an ending that will be satisfactory to me.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, bfm said:

I don't trust them to give an ending that will be satisfactory to me.

I have to agree! I have no faith or trust in the writers or Holland to give us a satisfactory ending, just a satisfactory ending for said writers and Holland.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

Don't get me started on the Packers and how they are wasting Aaron Rodgers every year.  The team is more than one man and this second half team mantra is just BS (that obviously didn't happen this past weekend).  I can say this.  I am a Packer's fan.  But this is not the place, I s'pose for football talk.

Anyhoo, as a woman of child bearing age who has chosen not to have children (and have been on the receiving end of what's wrong with you, you'll be a great mom, BARF-and recently found out can't have kids), I don't need validation from any show or any set of fictional characters for validation.  And let's say, I somehow needed that (but just. don't get. needing validation from the entertainment industry); Lenny wouldn't be it.  This is a sitcom.  Lighthearted at best with topics rarely delving into the serious...as well it should be. 

Still in looking back at this episode and trying to understand why I FELT Penny came across as detached from this.  I think it's the fact that it started out with Bernie as what if I don't want kids to...to nope don't want kids.  I mean, as a woman in this crowd, I knew a long time ago that I didn't want this.  That every relationship that became serious; this was a conversation I had with partners.  Hello?  This is a deal breaker. 

For Penny's sake, thank goodness Leonard came around so willingly if it really is a no. It just rings hollow.

FWIW, as long as they were both in agreement, I was never strongly sold that TPTB had to have an on-air pregnancy (a future forward or anyway to reference smart beautiful babies) was fine by me. 

Since TPTB focus so little on the Lenny relationship, fans get crumbs whatever they throw at the Lenny crowd.  Imagine if they could have mapped out the Lenny even a little bit?  No Raj drama, no boat kiss, being on the same page of wanting kids (And yeah Leonard's initial reaction of excitement, just twists that knife a little deeper)...what a Lenny that could have been. 

Perfectly stated!