Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tripper

1204 'The Tam Turbulence' (October 11)

Recommended Posts

If Tam had been Sheldon's room mate Leonard would never have introduced Sheldon to Howard and Raj, hence no dirty sock, no Amy.

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

They have never made a appearance on the show ever , yet here with have a character that no one who doesn't watch YS will know who he is being squeezed into TBBT already. I wonder what othet YS characters they will try and shoehorn into TBBT next.

Seems clear enough that we are getting a transition from TBBT to YS.

21 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Four episodes down and twenty to go and still waiting for this supposedly greatest season ever to actually start.

"Greatest season ever" just sounds like sales nonsense.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:00 AM, joyceraye said:

I think they could have come up with a better Tam story than this one.

Perhaps it depends on the purpose of the story. There was no chance to get much of an idea of who Tam is. Comes across as an invitation to watch YS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 11:00 AM, veejay said:

Just a side note...

Oh, Penny. I would feel bad in a "gown" like that, too. LOL

g_197.gif.437b30d508ac4b90a1f3460138ad1673.gif
 
I know you shouldn't argue about taste.
But sometimes it's hard to hold back.
🙄

You can get one of your very on for only $348 at Nordstrom

https://wornontv.net/112516/

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Perhaps it depends on the purpose of the story. There was no chance to get much of an idea of who Tam is. Comes across as an invitation to watch YS.


That’s exactly what it was. Blatant cross promotion for the other show, which I watch and enjoy BTW. There were no stories about people in Sheldon’s life other than his family for 11 seasons because no friends existed before Leonard came knocking. Penny had the whore of Omaha, Leonard had Speckerman ( funny how he ends up playing Sheldon’s dad in YS) , Raj had Lalita and his cousin come into the show as independent stories thought worthy of telling without outside influences in that time. Tam is created in another show and is now suddenly inserted into the BBT story. Young Sheldon’s female rival is coming up too isn’t she? Others will follow. But that’s TV I guess. Just wasn’t interesting though. Speckerman was a shit episode but at least it was a story. This was just “here’s that guy that was Young Sheldon’s friend as a grown up. Tune in later to find out more “


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think the problem with trying to create a story through an attempted cross promotion effort to get ppl to watch YS. Is if you don't want YS, why would you care? Like said Speckerman for eg. Was bad. But at least it was a story, and it was fleshed out. This was simply oh it is Sheldons childhood friend. That you vaguely saw on YS. Theirs no history with TBBT. It just feels shallow. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vonmar said:

You can get one of your very on for only $348 at Nordstrom

It amazes me what people would rather have than money.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 6:41 PM, 3ku11 said:

This was simply oh it is Sheldons childhood friend. That you vaguely saw on YS. Theirs no history with TBBT. It just feels shallow.

Very much so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week I foolishly allowed myself a glimmer of hope, what with focus on Penny's feelings for once (even tho it annoyingly infantilised L). This ep taught me not to hope, once again. The "how does P really feel about children" theme has been dropped as tho it had never been.  The Tam story was utterly, utterly pointless and utterly unamusing.

The idea of P & B going to check out Anu and instead getting drunk and telling her some of the things wrong with Raj was a good one, but rather perfunctorily done. But they're good together: I'd like to see more scenes with those 3, preferably with more dirt-dishing.

Overall I thought this ep accomplished next to nothing, and strengthened my expectation that TBBT is going out with a whimper.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Last week I foolishly allowed myself a glimmer of hope, what with focus on Penny's feelings for once (even tho it annoyingly infantilised L). This ep taught me not to hope, once again. The "how does P really feel about children" theme has been dropped as tho it had never been.  The Tam story was utterly, utterly pointless and utterly unamusing.

The idea of P & B going to check out Anu and instead getting drunk and telling her some of the things wrong with Raj was a good one, but rather perfunctorily done. But they're good together: I'd like to see more scenes with those 3, preferably with more dirt-dishing.

Overall I thought this ep accomplished next to nothing, and strengthened my expectation that TBBT is going out with a whimper.

 

Appears Tam will be another one and done character that was not needed in a TBBT episode. He's a character from"YS".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chucky said:

Appears Tam will be another one and done character that was not needed in a TBBT episode. He's a character from"YS".

Right. Before seeing the ep I was wondering how a silly scottish hat could cause turbulence.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnPhD said:

Right. Before seeing the ep I was wondering how a silly scottish hat could cause turbulence.

As was I!  :sungum:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.